Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 04:06 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Sure Ted Cruz memory is so great he forgot to answer his own question.
He didn't forget to answer the question. He set the Moderators straight and they were so mad, they didn't give him time to answer. They got back to the answer later in the debate and he did very well. He always does very well when given the chance to speak.

He is the only principled candidate on the stage who keeps his promises even if he has to stand alone. That is what honesty looks like.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Raphael isn't ready yet for the responsibility of being president. When Barry was a Senator you could tell he wasn't prepared to even be in that position let alone serve as president, and Cruz isn't much better. He's years away from truly understanding what this country needs and wants from their president, and he'll never know until he starts listening more to people across this country rather than believing he has all the answers like most politicians.

Normally I don't listen to Limbaugh, but during presidential cycles I listen more and more as we get closer to the election. Listened to him twice this week, think it was Wednesday and Thursday and he about fell out of his chair with excitement while talking Cruz up to his audience. He says he doesn't endorse candidates during primaries but I've heard him put some down over the years like Huckabee and Duncan Hunter in 2008, but this time he seems to be all squishy inside for Raphael "Ted" Cruz.

I do like the fact Cruz hasn't been afraid to go against the grain and be a bit of a maverick as a Senator. Was also impressed during his filibuster that he seemed to get stronger as the hours went by. He definitely has stamina and being tired doesn't seem to affect his ability to be sharp minded. Just needs to work on his positions on issues.

Interesting to note that candidates so far haven't wanted to post their stances on issues on their websites. You learn very little visiting them.
I believe it's an erroneous argument to say that Obama wasn't prepared to be in the position to serve as President.

Everything he said he was going to do to transform America, he has done. Whether he is a puppet president or not, he steam rolled the Republicans.

Ted Cruz is the most intelligent and principled candidate on the stage. He has a very long history of conservatism. He is the only candidate on stage that has "memorized" the Constitution.

I saw a clip of the Kelly File, the day after this last debate, where she had her panel stacked with Moderates. They are still crying that we have to have a candidate who appeals to the Moderates. We have done that and continue to lose elections.

We need someone who tells the truth and does what he says he is going to do whether that makes the GOPe angry or not. Ted Cruz is that man and this type of candidate comes once in a generation.

If he doesn't win, he will return to be the most powerful and principled Senator in Congress.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:22 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He didn't forget to answer the question. He set the Moderators straight and they were so mad, they didn't give him time to answer. They got back to the answer later in the debate and he did very well. He always does very well when given the chance to speak.

He is the only principled candidate on the stage who keeps his promises even if he has to stand alone. That is what honesty looks like.
No, that is not true. He actually used up all his time whining.

No, don't make us laugh. He is not the "only principled candidate on the stage who keeps his promises."

But he is the senator who wasted thousands of taxpayer funds and people's time, reading Dr. Seuss out loud to the congress and the nation. He is the senator who protested in front of the WH with a bunch of card carrying crazies. Not only that, but he was protesting the very situation he caused.

He most likely cannot get elected dog catcher outside of TX. He is not 'honest' - he is a stuntman.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No, that is not true. He actually used up all his time whining.

No, don't make us laugh. He is not the "only principled candidate on the stage who keeps his promises."

But he is the senator who wasted thousands of taxpayer funds and people's time, reading Dr. Seuss out loud to the congress and the nation. He is the senator who protested in front of the WH with a bunch of card carrying crazies. Not only that, but he was protesting the very situation he caused.

He most likely cannot get elected dog catcher outside of TX. He is not 'honest' - he is a stuntman.
Yes, he did answer the question. The Moderator comes back at the 38:00 marker and gives him the opportunity to respond. It was after Ted Cruz offered to give him some Colorado brownies. LOL!

Anyway, you are as bad as the Moderators, in that, you are not going to vote in the Republican Primary and are biased, AND you didn't check your facts before your wrong accusation.

Here is he debate clip. You can queue it up to the 38:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUmhGs1b7A

Old 10-30-2015, 08:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
You know all of those moderators have worked a long time for the Wall Street Journal, a Rupert Murdoch production. Maybe they aren't all that liberal?

Mick

Old 10-30-2015, 09:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Ted Schools Bret Baier on the False Narrative that he has not won any fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0NVAuwnGXU

You beat me to it. Gee, I hope you like government stealing your money for cronies.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
I love Cruz, he has the balls to step up and call out anyone not upholding the constitution or those doing things for their own interests, even members of his own party. He is not a politician, he is a true statesman, one of the last of a dying breed. Not to mention he is very intelligent. Watch him in any debate or interview. Ive never seen him flustered, caught off guard or stammering for an answer.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:26 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
He, like Barnie Sanders on the other side, is simply unelectable in the general election.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:34 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He, like Barnie Sanders on the other side, is simply unelectable in the general election.
Why? Not Sanders, Cruz.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I love Cruz, he has the balls to step up and call out anyone not upholding the constitution or those doing things for their own interests, even members of his own party. He is not a politician, he is a true statesman, one of the last of a dying breed. Not to mention he is very intelligent. Watch him in any debate or interview. Ive never seen him flustered, caught off guard or stammering for an answer.
Exactly! I wasn't able to rep you, but I'll give you two thumbs up!

Tom Tancredo left the GOP over this last budget deal debacle. He is going to start campaigning for Ted Cruz, among the Independents, in Colorado.

Quote:
Former Congressman: I’m Quitting GOP

This decision has been incubating over the past 17 years, years of watching the downward spiral of the Party of Lincoln and Reagan into the Party of Democrat Lite.

Former Congressman: I'm Quitting GOP - Breitbart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections