Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 09:11 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,819,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Maybe it's just me, but he seems to give off this negative vibe. He's not very uplifting in my opinion.
And your previous posts indicate you are not a Republican. So there is that....I assume you won't be voting in a Republican Primary?

Old 11-02-2015, 09:17 AM

285 posts, read 175,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
And your previous posts indicate you are not a Republican. So there is that....I assume you won't be voting in a Republican Primary?
I'll be supporting the likely Libertarian candidate: former Minnesota Governor, Jesse Ventura.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
I'll be supporting the likely Libertarian candidate: former Minnesota Governor, Jesse Ventura.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 11-02-2015, 01:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,982,639 times
Quote:
You're voting for Bernie Sanders, so there's that....

And you don't know anything personal about Senator Ted Cruz or you would know he is not an insider.

Many keep asking him how he could win being divisive - His answer is simply that anyone who is not divisive has never stood against the status quo in Washington. That’s how you are not divisive, you don’t ever take principled stands on anything.
Sure, I guess if you want to ignore his history and that he was once a lawyer for President Bush, then I guess he is an "outsider." Anyone who thinks Cruz is an outsider is being fooled by Cruz.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sure, I guess if you want to ignore his history and that he was once a lawyer for President Bush, then I guess he is an "outsider." Anyone who thinks Cruz is an outsider is being fooled by Cruz.
The legislation he has supported shows that he is an outsider to his party.

It is interesting to note that Senator Ted Cruz, as the state's primary legal council (Solicitor General) litigated in the Supreme Court on several occasions against George W. Bush.

The most important case was Medellin v. Texas. You can Google that case, if interested. More importantly, Cruz states in his book, A Time for Truth:

"Today, the Court's decision in Medellin is especially important. At the time of this writing, the Obama Administration is threatening to try to go to the United Nations to end run Congress and get a Security Council resolution adopting whatever Iran nuclear deal they are able to negotiate. The purpose, they have explained, is to try to transform that UN resolution into domestic law that would bind a subsequent president. But, as the Court held in Medellin, the UN has no authority whatsoever to bind the United States. President Obama's UN-Iran strategy cannot succeed, because Medllin made explicit that no president - Republican or Democrat - has the constitutional authority to subvert U.S. sovereignty. The Medellin victory was profound for me because our argument had gotten to the heart of how I understood our government." Pages 166-167

He also shows me something about our new Governor - Greg Abbott - who looks to becoming a much better Governor than Rick Perry:

Pg. 146: "When Attorney General Abbott appointed me to the job, he told me, "I want you to look across the country, and if we can step up, defend conservative principles, and make a meaningful difference, go do it."

Pg. 163-164: "The president's executive order - written as a memorandum to his attorney general - left the state of Texas with a difficult choice, George W Bush was the former governor of Texas. He was a Republican. He was a friend of Greg Abbott's and mine, not to mention my former boss. Would we really argue in court that his executive order was the abuse of power we believed it to be?

I am proud to say that Abbott never wavered. He knew that Texas was right and Bush was wrong, and he decided to stand up for the principle that no president - not even a friend and fellow Republican - can defy the Constitution. And so I went to the Supreme Court and argued on behalf of Texas that, with or without an executive order endorsing it, the United Nation's World Court has no authority to bind the courts of the United States."

Reading Ted Cruz's book is bringing remembrance of cases fought and won, which I didn't realize, at the time, it was Ted Cruz litigating for us. Awesome!

Old 11-02-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
The legislation he has supported shows that he is an outsider to his party.

It is interesting to note that Senator Ted Cruz, as the state's primary legal council (Solicitor General) litigated in the Supreme Court on several occasions against George W. Bush.

The most important case was Medellin v. Texas. You can Google that case, if interested. More importantly, Cruz states in his book, A Time for Truth:

"Today, the Court's decision in Medellin is especially important. At the time of this writing, the Obama Administration is threatening to try to go to the United Nations to end run Congress and get a Security Council resolution adopting whatever Iran nuclear deal they are able to negotiate. The purpose, they have explained, is to try to transform that UN resolution into domestic law that would bind a subsequent president. But, as the Court held in Medellin, the UN has no authority whatsoever to bind the United States. President Obama's UN-Iran strategy cannot succeed, because Medllin made explicit that no president - Republican or Democrat - has the constitutional authority to subvert U.S. sovereignty. The Medellin victory was profound for me because our argument had gotten to the heart of how I understood our government." Pages 166-167

He also shows me something about our new Governor - Greg Abbott - who looks to becoming a much better Governor than Rick Perry:

Pg. 146: "When Attorney General Abbott appointed me to the job, he told me, "I want you to look across the country, and if we can step up, defend conservative principles, and make a meaningful difference, go do it."

Pg. 163-164: "The president's executive order - written as a memorandum to his attorney general - left the state of Texas with a difficult choice, George W Bush was the former governor of Texas. He was a Republican. He was a friend of Greg Abbott's and mine, not to mention my former boss. Would we really argue in court that his executive order was the abuse of power we believed it to be?

I am proud to say that Abbott never wavered. He knew that Texas was right and Bush was wrong, and he decided to stand up for the principle that no president - not even a friend and fellow Republican - can defy the Constitution. And so I went to the Supreme Court and argued on behalf of Texas that, with or without an executive order endorsing it, the United Nation's World Court has no authority to bind the courts of the United States."

Reading Ted Cruz's book is bringing remembrance of cases fought and won, which I didn't realize, at the time, it was Ted Cruz litigating for us. Awesome!
Oh yes, I am sure Cruz's book does a fine job trying to paint him as an outsider while ignoring all his insider connections.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:08 PM

Ted Cruz discusses his Tax Plan with Larry Kudlow today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z_zeeKyYoI

Old 11-02-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh yes, I am sure Cruz's book does a fine job trying to paint him as an outsider while ignoring all his insider connections.
I judge him by what he has done and is doing - standing on principle even when standing alone.

WHO do you know that would have the guts to stand on the floor of Congress and tell the story of how Mitch McConnell LIED to his constitutents? Only Ted Cruz would do that.

How does that serve him to stand against his own party? Challenging status quo isn't an "insider" move.

Ted Cruz very well answers the question about what he has accomplished in the Senate.

I would note that my responses to you are to the benefit of the readers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLAN4Y1KQNc

Old 11-02-2015, 03:36 PM

Beck is right about this, even though I don't pay attention to him other than a few clips that pass my desk.

Glenn Beck’s Theory on Why George W. Bush Doesn’t Like Ted Cruz

According to Beck’s theory, the former president’s disdain for Cruz is linked to a 1993 rape and murder case, where Cruz sided against Bush on an international stage.

Read more:

Glenn Beck

Old 11-02-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I judge him by what he has done and is doing - standing on principle even when standing alone.

WHO do you know that would have the guts to stand on the floor of Congress and tell the story of how Mitch McConnell LIED to his constitutents? Only Ted Cruz would do that.

How does that serve him to stand against his own party? Challenging status quo isn't an "insider" move.

Ted Cruz very well answers the question about what he has accomplished in the Senate.

I would note that my responses to you are to the benefit of the readers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLAN4Y1KQNc
Cruz is nothing more than a Congressional crybaby that always tries to take his ball and go home when he doesn't get his way, there is a reason why most in Congress ignore this buffoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections