Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2015, 01:20 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
what about the lies trump told concerning birtherism?
He wasn't telling lies, just asking questions.

Those are reasonable questions considering Obama's hanging out with anti-American terrorists and anti-white racists, and his apology tour around the world.

It's hard to believe the guy is even American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 05:28 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
He wasn't telling lies, just asking questions.

Those are reasonable questions considering Obama's hanging out with anti-American terrorists and anti-white racists, and his apology tour around the world.

It's hard to believe the guy is even American.

Just asking questions LOL

Did his investigative team ever make it back from Hawaii?

Quote:
"I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe
what they're finding," Trump told NBC's "Today" show on Thursday.
Trump Sends Investigators to Hawaii, Gains in GOP Presidential Primary Poll | Fox News

Old 07-06-2015, 05:37 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Just asking questions LOL

Did his investigative team ever make it back from Hawaii?

Trump Sends Investigators to Hawaii, Gains in GOP Presidential Primary Poll | Fox News
Kind of like Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (without presenting any evidence) saying Romney hadn't paid any federal income taxes for ten years.

Kind of like the Democrats sending fifteen private investigators to Alaska to spy on Sarah Palin.

What's sauce for the goose...

Old 07-06-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Kind of like Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (without presenting any evidence) saying Romney hadn't paid any federal income taxes for ten years.

Kind of like the Democrats sending fifteen private investigators to Alaska to spy on Sarah Palin.

What's sauce for the goose...
I thought we were discussing Trump, his interest went far beyond asking questions.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:06 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Of course he doesn't have t, and he's not.

On this subject, he's right. What he's saying is resonating with the masses outside of the beltway echo-chamber. And it also reflects the fact that the old media has been ignoring something they not only should be talking about but also should be making front and center.

Unfortunately for this country uncreasingly full of uninformed ignoramuses, Trump's Truth will only serve to give the liberal clowns in the media something to badger Republicans about--while ignoring Hillary Clinton's lies about her felonious actions.

Wake up, sheeple.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:01 AM

Univision, Macy's, Televisa, NBC Universal all have pulled their support from Trump, next up is NASCAR.

George Pataki, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush have all condemned his remarks.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:19 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. …They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

above is what Trump has said.

I think people should stop taking his comments out of context, Trump was clearly talking about illegals. So, if you insist on saying, "I know a LEGAL Mexican served in the military" The good Mexican really has nothing to do with what Trump has said. Even when iti comes to the illegals, Trump noted that some of them are "good people."

I would argue that ALL illegals are bad for the country, not just the illegal Mexicans. I don't think people should single them out, as if some other countries (not all, but some) didn't send their illegals here to devastate the economy, to take advantage of the feel good social welfare program, to have fake marriages here in order to have a green card, to drop anchor babies so their whole family of 70 people can eventually become American citizens.

Of course some illegals might be good people. But they , just like I don't need a pat on the back just because they or I haven't killed anybody.

To say illegals is bad for the country is not the same as saying they are BAD PEOPLE.

People should stop being so sensitive and take everything so PERSONALLY. ILLEGAL immigration = bad, that is why they want to change it into undocumented immigrants. lol They know the illegal part is what it is.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:25 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Cruz: Trump Doesn't Need to Take Back Comments About Mexican Illegals - Breitbart

What Trump said was absolutely true....

if you look at our prisons, illegal Mexicans are the now general population next to blacks and rising.

Trump wasn't talking about the legal Mexicans here, and most people don't care about them being here...b/c they are now legal and a working member of society.

What most people care about are the illegals, who refuse to become a citizen and work along side of society, paying their fair share.

They are here illegally to suck the systems dry and they are...plus they are bringing in way more drugs...committing way more crimes and are committing brutal crimes such as rape, and murder....

I really believe, we all go home, turn on the news, and have no idea what is really going on out there....
I mean it....talk to cops on duty from 7 - 11 p.m. Over half the stuff that happens in your own neighborhoods do not make the news.

I'm with Trump, and feel the very same way...as every American should.

and what about those who have come here legally, and have become legal citizens, it's a slap in the face to them.

Oh, I agree that he's firing up people by speaking the truth about our out-of-control "borders."

But he's talking Donald Trump tough while offering Lindsay Graham solutions--paths to citizenship (yawn because we have one already).

The Donald speaks harshly and carries a popsicle stick. His purpose is to deflect from the Dems, and it's working.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:33 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Univision, Macy's, Televisa, NBC Universal all have pulled their support from Trump, next up is NASCAR.

George Pataki, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush have all condemned his remarks.
Jeb bush

Jeb Bush: Many illegal immigrants come out of an ‘act of love’

Fine. Noble.

If that is what he truly believes.

This is something I really don't get. You do know that many of these illegals work under the table, so they don't really pay income tax.

Then why did my grandparents must pay American tax when they made all their fortune overseas? They paid American tax simply because they were American citizens, they didn't want to lose American citizenship. They got their money from China, Japan, Germany. When their visa expire, they need to go back to the United States. That is how it works. My grandparents could easily give up American citizenship, but they didn't want to. So they paid American tax, sounds fair to me.

American citizens = pay American tax. Sounds fair to me, no argument there.

Illegals come here don't pay american INCOME tax, (most of them don't), but they get American citizenship, how can you call that fair?

Old 07-06-2015, 07:37 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. …They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

above is what Trump has said.

I think people should stop taking his comments out of context, Trump was clearly talking about illegals. So, if you insist on saying, "I know a LEGAL Mexican served in the military" The good Mexican really has nothing to do with what Trump has said. Even when iti comes to the illegals, Trump noted that some of them are "good people."

I would argue that ALL illegals are bad for the country, not just the illegal Mexicans. I don't think people should single them out, as if some other countries (not all, but some) didn't send their illegals here to devastate the economy, to take advantage of the feel good social welfare program, to have fake marriages here in order to have a green card, to drop anchor babies so their whole family of 70 people can eventually become American citizens.

Of course some illegals might be good people. But they , just like I don't need a pat on the back just because they or I haven't killed anybody.

To say illegals is bad for the country is not the same as saying they are BAD PEOPLE.

People should stop being so sensitive and take everything so PERSONALLY. ILLEGAL immigration = bad, that is why they want to change it into undocumented immigrants. lol They know the illegal part is what it is.
You can type it until your fingers turn blue but that wouldn't change the fact that no one is taking his words out of context or being overly sensitive. If he had made it perfectly clear that he was talking about illegal immigrants we wouldn't all be here debating his statements and he wouldn't have gotten himself "fired" by so many companies. He said what he said. It was outrageous and what is lost on his defenders is that a person wanting to be a president shouldn't need so many translators trying to explain what he meant to say. He is way to inarticulate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections