Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2015, 07:38 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You can type it until your fingers turn blue but that wouldn't change the fact that no one is taking his words out of context or being overly sensitive. If he had made it perfectly clear that he was talking about illegal immigrants we wouldn't all be here debating his statements and he wouldn't have gotten himself "fired" by so many companies. He said he said. It was outrageous and what is lost on his defenders is that a person wanting to be a president shouldn't need so many translators trying to explain what he meant to say. He is way to inarticulate.
Exactly what he said was so outrageous? He was talking about ILLEGALS, not legal immigrants. Even when he talked about illegals, he said some of them are good people.

What is wrong with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 07:39 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
You can type it until your fingers turn blue but that wouldn't change the fact that no one is taking his words out of context
Indeed, many are. And that's why Gruber referred to them as "stupid." Do you really not understand how you and many others are being manipulated, just like all the Dem and media lies about Obamacare?

Old 07-06-2015, 07:42 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Exactly what he said was so outrage? He was talking about ILLEGALS, not legal immigrants. Even when he talked about illegals, he said some of them are good people.

What is wrong with it?
He. Didn't. Make. It. Clear. That. He. Was. Talking. About. Illegals. That. Is. Outrageous. He also insulted Mexico with his claim that they purposely organize dumps of all their problem people.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:45 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Trump is very quiet.... maybe he finally sees the handwriting on the wall. There's only so many nut jobs he can use.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
He. Didn't. Make. It. Clear. That. He. Was. Talking. About. Illegals. That. Is. Outrageous. He also insulted Mexico with his claim that they purposely organize dumps of all their problem people.
Well, fair enough, But let me ask you this,

if he said,

When Mexico sends their people to become illegal immigrants of the United States, They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people

Will you agree with him then?

Many Mexican immigrants who come to the country legally hate illegals because the illegals give ALL OF THEM a bad name, however unfair that is.

My friend (a Mexican-American) has a retail store in the shopping mall, he got an argument with a racist customer the other day, the racist said to him, "go back to your country, you illegals" Do you think it is fair to the legal immigrant here?

Old 07-06-2015, 07:52 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Exactly what he said was so outrageous? He was talking about ILLEGALS, not legal immigrants. Even when he talked about illegals, he said some of them are good people.

What is wrong with it?

Lol, DT, himself, clarified that he was speaking about illegal aliens. The fact that some continue to "debate" it should tell you it doesn't matter.

In addition, DT has been all over the place before speaking one truth. The media want to know Hillary's favorite ice cream flavor, right? The deflection is working. Again.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol, DT, himself, clarified that he was speaking about illegal aliens. The fact that some continue to "debate" it should tell you it doesn't matter.

In addition, DT has been all over the place before speaking one truth. The media want to know Hillary's favorite ice cream flavor, right? The deflection is working. Again.
Right.

One thing I do know is that Donald Trump doesn't mince his words. He is not a very politically correct person. There are a lot of things he said in the past I don't like, but I tried to listen to the message behind those words. I think it is more productive that way.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-06-2015 at 08:08 AM..

Old 07-06-2015, 08:06 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
He wasn't telling lies, just asking questions.
wrong. trump made a few direct statements about birtherism that were false and/or lies:

trump claimed that obama's grandmother said she was at his birth in kenya.

false. sarah obama never said the president was born in kenya and has repeatedly stated that he was born in HI.

trump claimed that obama spent "over $4 million" in legal fees hiding his records.

false. the vast majority of the 220+ birther lawsuits obama has not been a defendant and the few that he has been were quickly dismissed. there is nothing to support the claim that obama has spent "millions" and the amount has fluctuated among birthers from 1.5 million to 10 million.

trump claimed to have "people" in HI investigating obama's birth and that "they cannot believe what they are finding".

to date there has been nothing to indicate these people actually existed let alone found any evidence.

trump claimed that a HI "certification of live birth" ( COLB ) is not a legal birth certificate.

false. it is ( trump's own lawyers submitted a NY "certification of live birth" to the court to prove the facts of his birth in his lawsuit against bill maher ).

trump claimed that there is no signature or certification number on the COLB.

false. photos of the COLB clearly show both.

trump claimed that "nobody knew" obama growing up as a child.

false. recollections from friends and classmates are easily found from all phases of his youth and schooling.

Quote:
Those are reasonable questions ....
exactly what "reasonable question" did trump ask that wasn't answered by the HI department of health's confirmation of the facts of obama's birth in october 2008?

Old 07-06-2015, 08:20 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
no. limiting it to only "some, i assume, are good people" implies that the majority of illegal aliens are drug dealers and rapists.
No, it does not.

some — used to refer to a person or thing that is not known, named, or specified
: of an unspecified amount or number
: of a fairly large amount or number

Some | Definition of some by Merriam-Webster

Posts like yours happen because the U.S. is undereducating most of its students. And, yes, I did say MOST. Only 1/3 of all students meet the standard for grade-level proficiency:

NAEP - Mathematics and Reading 2013

Despite that heavy spending, K-12 public education in the U.S. is a disaster. By 12th grade, U.S. public schools educate only 26% of all public school students to even basic grade-level proficiency in math, 38% in reading, by 12th grade.

U.S. education spending tops global list, study shows - CBS News

Old 07-06-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
no. limiting it to only "some, i assume, are good people" implies that the majority of illegal aliens are drug dealers and rapists.
I guess you agree with Jeb Bush then

Jeb Bush: Many illegal immigrants come out of an 'act of love'

You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. I don't analyze the illegals characters, it is irrelevant. They can be mother Teresa, I would still say I am against illegal immigrants from ALL COUNTRIES

I think Illegals (from all countries) create an economy bubble, it devastate the economy in the long run. As a person who was born in 85, I know my generation will have a lot of problems in the future.

Good people or bad people, doesn't matter.

We as a country just cannot afford illegal immigrants. Immigration law is there for a reason. Every country has one.

It is sad that we are obsessed with the wrong words people use, flag people fly, homosexual get married, bakery refused to make a damn cake.

What we should worry is the future, economy, unemployment, health care, etc, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections