Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 07:45 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Mister Trump can say whatever he wants . . . damn the fallout . . . . he's got f- you money and a model.

He'd never win, but he is entertaining.

Mick
He probably didn't care about the businesses dropping him, but I bet when the PGA cancelled his tournament, it really busted his balls. When the most exclusive men's club in the world dumps you, it's a big deal on your ego. You've just been kicked out of the premier membership of the thin air crowd. That's probably not a good start when you're running for President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 10:56 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
He probably didn't care about the businesses dropping him, but I bet when the PGA cancelled his tournament, it really busted his balls. When the most exclusive men's club in the world dumps you, it's a big deal on your ego. You've just been kicked out of the premier membership of the thin air crowd. That's probably not a good start when you're running for President.
Don't fool yourself. The beauty contests Trump owned were just as big a deal, as they were just as big a money-maker.
Not here in the United States, where beauty pageants have been slowly fading in popularity for decades, but in the rest of the world. All of Latin America particularly loves them, but they are also massively popular in India, China, Indo-China and Indonesia.

Trumps comments cost him far more lost revue than all his golf tournaments, which are pretty much like our football is to the rest of the world. Mexico alone made more money broadcasting his tournaments than gold made, as Mexican TV is broadcast all the way down to Central America, and the beauty pageants were also picked up by Venezuela, another large Spanish speaking country.

Trump owns Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, and Miss Universe. The last was the biggest by far worldwide. The other 2 don't make chump change any more competing with Miss America and Miss Teen America. Miss America is the only one that's still making any money at all, but Miss Universe was huge. Now that Univision dumped it, expect Miss World to take over once again.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:28 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He. Didn't. Make. It. Clear. That. He. Was. Talking. About. Illegals. That. Is. Outrageous.
He. Did. Make. It. Clear. But. Nice. Try. Anyway.
Quote:
He also insulted Mexico with his claim that they purposely organize dumps of all their problem people.
They do. They even give them booklets with maps on how best to cross the border without getting caught.

I know Mexico, and it deserves to be insulted. It is corrupt and treats its people like dirt. Get off your high and mighty Michigan pedestal and come down here to So. Cal. and smell the coffee.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:29 PM

7,647 posts, read 9,943,762 times
People are running away from Donald so fast pretty soon his hair is going to run away too!

PS - he's right though. Send 'em all home, and their anchor baby offspring too.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
If I didn't know better I'd call that statement "White Supremacist Trolling". Straight out of the stormfront handbook.

FYI: The Historical demographic of the continent was made up of Redmen to the north. What we call Native Americans today and Brownmen to the South. What today is known as Mexicans. Mexicans owned everything from the east Texas border to the Pacific ocean until the White man came and stole it with a gun to their heads.

Wait a minute..........I'll bet a dollar to a donut that your history only goes back as far as when your ancestors were immigrants to the country. I think I understand now.
Like it or not, the U.S. was founded as a 90%-plus white country.

Multiculturalism doesn't work, as shown by all the bickering on this and other threads. We should go back to taking all our immigrants from Europe.

As for Mexicans, let them go complain to Spain. At the time the U.S. was founded, almost all of Latin America was a colony of Spain. That's why Spanish is spoken there. Anglos had nothing to do with that colonization. Don't dump your problems with Spain on the U.S.

Texas declared itself an independent republic and then joined the U.S.

Mexico sold California to the U.S.

The red men? They came here from Asia across the Bering Strait.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:56 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,339,801 times
Hillary seemed to support the illegal Mexican immigrants tonight on television.

She took sides with illegal immigrants, instead of backing Trump (an American, who is tired of watching our laws broken by non-citizens.)

We live in weird times, Trump seems to think he lives in a free country, it's bizarre.

Everyone sticks up for illegal immigrants, instead of the Americans. It seems like we screw over our own people, so as not to offend Mexico.

Hillary Clinton stuck up for illegal immigrants, instead of taking sides with the Americans who are tired of non-citizens breaking the law. Because she doesn't want to offend Latino voters. And the Americans cheer for her.

Hey, it's a democracy. If that's what the majority wants, she deserves to be President.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Old Glory
This is the last time I'll warn you to stop declaring what race I am and what my personal feelings are concerning white euros or any other race. I was stupid enough to patronize your post the other day that claimed to know my ethnicity for a fact. I clarified exactly what my ethnicity is at that time. I also qualified my affiliations with the Hispanic community here in Arizona. Here you go again claiming to have some sort of inside information about me and claiming it as fact to the rest of the board. This is a flagrant violation of the TOS.
Now stop it! You know absolutely nothing about me but what I tell you or post. Discuss and hate my posts but leave me and who you think I am out of the conversation. I will report every infraction of personal attacks you make on me or any other poster from this moment on. You have used all your passes up with me.

You really ought to take me off of ignore because I generally find your posts the most offensive and based on hyperbolic untruths of any on this forum. I respond to them with truth and facts as you will see below. You should be man or woman enough to respond instead of spreading lies about who I am and what I think while ignoring all the posts I make.

All I've ever wanted was a comprehensive immigration reform bill to be passed by the legislature to solve the immigration problem once and for all. Senate bill S744 passed on 6/27/13 by a bipartisan vote of 68-32 would be just fine with me. Just like 80% of the population of the United States want. I am not pro-illegal immigration.

What Americans Want From Immigration Reform in 2014
At present, 62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents but not citizens, and roughly 1-in-5 (19%) favor a policy that would identify and deport all immigrants living in the United States illegally.
This from someone who accuses one of his opponents of being a white supremacist Stormfront member.

Why is it always the liberals who want to censor people?

The immigration bill S744 was full of giant loopholes.

I'm quite sure the people responding to the poll were never told that.

Last edited by dechatelet; 07-08-2015 at 12:29 AM..

Old 07-08-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Hillary seemed to support the illegal Mexican immigrants tonight on television.

She took sides with illegal immigrants, instead of backing Trump (an American, who is tired of watching our laws broken by non-citizens.)

We live in weird times, Trump seems to think he lives in a free country, it's bizarre.

Everyone sticks up for illegal immigrants, instead of the Americans. It seems like we screw over our own people, so as not to offend Mexico.

Hillary Clinton stuck up for illegal immigrants, instead of taking sides with the Americans who are tired of non-citizens breaking the law. Because she doesn't want to offend Latino voters. And the Americans cheer for her.

Hey, it's a democracy. If that's what the majority wants, she deserves to be President.
A lot of Americans think that we have limitless resources and can afford to be generous to anyone and everyone, including illegals.

I don't know where they get that idea.

We are $18 trillion in debt (that's the equivalent of owing 18 million people one million dollars apiece), have a drought in the West, and 48 million Americans are on food stamps.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:32 AM

Trump is suing NBC/Univision/Televisa and will no doubt win.

You can't break a contract just because you don't agree with someone's political position.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:57 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Only someone else's tweet was quoted not Trump's. You realize Trump most likely doesn't personally man his twitter?

Besides, when have politics always stayed classy? And what is so bad about pointing out that Jeb Bush being married to a Hispanic could indicate being biased or influenced in favor of illegal immigration by his wife?
And what would be the reasons for those who take the same position as him? Are they all influenced by a member of their family being Mexican? I think claiming that his wife has so much power over him to influence his position on illegal immigration is ridiculous.

I wonder if I will live long enough to see politics return to politics.

Politics today seem to be all about pettiness; name calling, snide remarks, catering to special interest groups, lies, hypocrisy and most of all self-serving agendas. Just what low level does it have to reach before our politicians return to taking an interest in the country and the American people as a whole? Do we have to be stripped of everything that was once valued to return to what is in the interest of America and Americans. This country is slowly circling the drain.

Every politician/president is influenced by something they have an interest in or experienced. The way the US politicians campaign and the issues that they keep going over and over on - I'm embarrassed for America and how foolish we much appear to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections