Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 03:35 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Keep telling yourself that ... I am here to tell you that the times, they are a changin and we better change with them or we will be left in the dust.
Keep telling yourself minority voters will play a key role in 2016. They are NOT showing up in huge numbers to vote for white candidates, sorry. Hillary Clinton isn't Obama, Bernie Sanders is sure as hell no Obama. Democrats are dreaming if they think minorities are showing up in record numbers again to bail them out. Where were those 2 million more hispanics and 2 million more blacks that showed up in 2008 in the 2004 election? They didn't just magically show up over four years. They were motivated to vote or register to vote and actually show up to the polls. They showed up because they finally had a minority to vote for. Never going to happen in 2016 unless the Democrats can come up with another minority candidate and fast.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/rele.../cb09-110.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 04:47 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Actually this North -> South migration is very, very bad news for Republicans. This movement has already turned Florida and North Carolina into swing states and Georgia is not far behind.

The future of the United States is not red or blue ... it's purple. And people like Trump, Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum, Jindal, etc are not exactly the best flag wavers for the GOP of the future.
Considering how you are in NY I can see where you might think this, but I live in NC and you really have no idea. In 2008 NC voted for a Democrat for Governor, US Senator, and Governor.

By 2014, the Governor was Republican again, The US Senator is now a Republican (despite $100M spent by the Harry Reid's Senate Majority PAC), and the state did not vote for Obama in 2012. Furthermore the Republicans firmly control the NC General Assembly. First time in 100 years. NC tried the Democrats, didn't like like the high taxes, rewards for the irresponsible and burdens placed on business, so the people kicked them out.

This despite 100s of thousands of your fellow NYers moving to NC over the past decade. NC will no doubt pick up at least 1 if not 2 electoral votes after the next Census while NY might lose yet another.

Seems like nothing but good news for the GOP to me.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:55 PM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
I lost some respect for Rubio after his comments and gained some respect for Cruz and Jindal. Again, the Latino vote is massively overrated. They only make up 11% of voters and they can't even get 50% of them to actually show up and vote for a minority candidate in Obama. They certainly aren't showing up in large numbers to vote for an old rich white woman or old man Sanders. The Latino vote is minuscule compared to the non Hispanic white vote which make up 72% of voters and they actually show up to vote. Who cares.
Right, and who cares about their idle threats anyway? Even before Trump made his remarks Hispanics were still going to vote Democrat anyway. It's funny to watch them stomped their feet and act like they are going to decide this election. Such arrogance.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
posters like this are why the gop doesnt win presidential elections anymore.

obama proved it two times, 08 and 12 that the white male vote the gop only pursues cannot win a national election anymore.

they need hispanics and blacks to move over to have any chance.
So just how does the GOP accomplish that? And please don't use the race card in your reply. It is simply nonsense.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
like i said before, you won't win just the white male vote.

bring over hispanics and blacks or game over.

its pointless arguing stats with somebody who cant understand basic demographics and stats.

the white electorate is going to continue to decrease. im amazed you don't understand how that creates a vacuum that the gop will need to fill to have any chance.
White, male vote? WTH are you talking about? I know many females white and otherwise that vote Republican and many minorities do also. Sounds like wishful thinking and stretching of the truth to me along with an apparent dislike of white males.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
I lost some respect for Rubio after his comments and gained some respect for Cruz and Jindal. Again, the Latino vote is massively overrated. They only make up 11% of voters and they can't even get 50% of them to actually show up and vote for a minority candidate in Obama. They certainly aren't showing up in large numbers to vote for an old rich white woman or old man Sanders. The Latino vote is minuscule compared to the non Hispanic white vote which make up 72% of voters and they actually show up to vote. Who cares.
Agreed and many "Hispanics" DON'T like illegal aliens either. The Black vote is safely Democratic even IF a Black person won the Repub nomination.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
posters like this are why the gop doesnt win presidential elections anymore.

obama proved it two times, 08 and 12 that the white male vote the gop only pursues cannot win a national election anymore.

they need hispanics and blacks to move over to have any chance.
Try again. Many of us anglo whites gave Obama a chance in 2008 because McCain was too close to Bush 43 AND Palin also hurt. Too many people didn't trust Mitt in 2012 allowing Obama to become POTUS again.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
like i said before, you won't win just the white male vote.

bring over hispanics and blacks or game over.

its pointless arguing stats with somebody who cant understand basic demographics and stats.

the white electorate is going to continue to decrease. im amazed you don't understand how that creates a vacuum that the gop will need to fill to have any chance.
The Hispanic birthrate dropping like a stone. Too, many 2nd or 3rd generation "Latinos" look down on la raza and really hate it when having to listen to Spanish. Blacks: they're fading out in the US population between low birthrates and, more and more mixed race people no longer ID'ing as "Black" because they don't want to be lumped in with the hood rats.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
The secret do the Dems winning 2016 is Donald Trump. This idiot has no chance of winning. All he is doing is stealing votes from other Republican candidates.
If I was Hillary: I'd be real worried over Bernie Sanders. Maybe Mr Sanders is the Repub "secret"?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:23 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
there are catholic churches south of the border.
I'm not talking about why the Mexicans do it but why the US promotes it or looks the other way. They all have agendas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections