Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 02:24 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

1) If your choice of candidate drops out of the race before you vote in your state, do you care who they endorse? That is, do you transfer your allegiance based on who they say they will support? (This is for both Republicans and Democrats)

2) Right now Mitt Romney has his finger in the GOP race even though he isn't running. Does the fact that he lost twice make you (Republicans only) more likely (experience running) or less likely (two time loser) to listen to him? If you were a Republican candidate would you seek Romney's or McCain's endorsement?

3) Dems, if Reid and Pelosi endorsed someone would you be more likely to also vote for that person, less likely to vote for that person or be totally indifferent?

4) Republicans, if Boehner and McConnell endorsed someone would you be more likely to also vote for that person, less likely to vote for that person or be totally indifferent?

(I can't mention a GWB or a Bill Clinton or a Ron Paul endorsement for the obvious reason that they have family running.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 05:14 AM

260 posts, read 218,340 times
If Mitt endorses someone,I go the other way. Great guy. Great man and humanitarian. Wish he had fought to win in 2012 instead of run a gentleman's campaign. Yet he is not a conservative.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:48 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
I don't automatically accept or reject endorsements. I factor them in when I'm deciding about someone, but I make my decision based on everything I think I know.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:01 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
I'm a news junkie and see and read enough about the candidates to make up my own mind. Endorsements don't factor into my decisions of who to support.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:13 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
Sadly corporate endorsements by big businesses hurt GOP candidates because of their assigned reputation by the liberal community. If a candidate was heavily supported by Monsanto, ADM, Walmart and Goldman Sacks that poor candidate would not have a chance in hell because of all the media attention and the liberal community out there going on about bug business owning a candidate.

Oh, sorry, I am wrong that corporate support is not harming HRC one bit, OOPS.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:32 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
1) If your choice of candidate drops out of the race before you vote in your state, do you care who they endorse? That is, do you transfer your allegiance based on who they say they will support? (This is for both Republicans and Democrats)
No, people should stand on their merits, not whoever says they have some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
3) Dems, if Reid and Pelosi endorsed someone would you be more likely to also vote for that person, less likely to vote for that person or be totally indifferent?
Totally indifferent, if they're not running their opinions matter little.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:32 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, people should stand on their merits, not whoever says they have some.

Totally indifferent, if they're not running their opinions matter little.
I agree with you but not for the same reason. I think some of these candidates that drop out glom onto the candidate most likely to 1) give them a job or 2) help them pay off their campaign debt.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:03 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
I do not care who endorses who. I make up my own mind.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:34 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Endorsements don't make or break a candidate for me. I'm not more or less likely to support a candidate because of an endorsement. What I care about is the candidate and where the candidate stands, not another name of support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections