Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 04:36 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,239,804 times

Advertisements

A chance? Sure.

How much I don't know.

But characters like Jimmy Carter came out of nowhere to win primaries and get the nomination.

We'll have to see what happens.

I heard Miss Fiorina speak on TV, she seems reasonable, but on the other hand she couldn't win her own state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 04:41 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,878,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
By her incredibly ill-advised merger/takeover deal with Compaq. She decided that taking the underperforming PC branch of HP and adding an underperforming PC company would somehow make for a better PC branch in HP. Right at the time where PCs were becoming commoditized.

Surprise, surprise - it didn't work. And she purchased that albatross with HP stock, diluting the stock's value in the process. Pop quiz - which is better:
  • 100 shares in a company that's 80% great printer business, 20% struggling PC business
  • 100 shares in a bigger company that's 50% great printer business, 50% struggling PC business
She engineered the second option, it was a bad move, and she was warned. But - as you say - she got herself a bigger train set to play with.

A company that "flourishes" rarely has to lay off 30K people. Flourishing companies tend to, y'know, hire.

HP's stock rose 7% the day her firing was announced, and the employees sang "Ding-dong, the witch is dead". When both labor and capital rejoice in your leaving, you're a crappy CEO.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I hate to break it to you but is Business. Risk at high stakes. The Market was falling apart if you remember and she took her best shot. It did not work out , but that how it goes.
If you are not a risk taker one will never grow accompany.

We had this conversation before it came to a stalemate.

Any management change will influence stock prices. Look at Rick Singer of GM. GM served and prospered. But again the recession made people rethink need to buy a car.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:34 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If we had a country filled with common sense people, she would have a chance. I don't believe the power is in our hands anymore anyway. We are being played with. The nominees will be either Christie or Bush.

A good complement to Fiorina would be either Jindal or Trump. Trump/Fiorina ticket would be a powerhouse.
A silver spoon bankruptcy abuser teamed up with the lady widely panned as among the worst Silicon Valley CEOs in history...sounds like a formula for success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ
I hate to break it to you but is Business. Risk at high stakes. The Market was falling apart if you remember and she took her best shot. It did not work out , but that how it goes.
But you see, the thing is, net income flatlined and the stock tanked. She took a big risk, against the advice of stockholders and board members, and it was a disaster.

Taking a risk isn't actually a sign of great business acumen. It needs to actually pay off. And in Fiorina's case, her legacy is driving a great company into the ground, saddling it with debt, destroying employee morale, tanking the stock, and flatlining income.

It was clearly a dumb move to buy a PC company at a time when the PC market was engaged in a race to the bottom. Had she actually understood the industry and understood what was happening in the market, she wouldn't have made such a mind-bogglingly stupid decision. Even people who only casually followed the industry could see the train wreck coming from miles away.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,235,285 times
The problem with Carly Fiorina, in addition to her disastrous resume, is that she cannot related to the average person. Like Romney, she talks to people as if she were still a CEO and had nothing to prove. She was a bad CEO, she has run really bad campaigns with really bad ads in the past, and she is no more impressive this time around. My impression of Fiorina is that she doesn't know what to do with herself, so she thought she might as well run for office yet again.

Why should she be the leader of anything?

Old 07-05-2015, 05:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,235,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We had this conversation before it came to a stalemate.

Any management change will influence stock prices. Look at Rick Singer of GM. GM served and prospered. But again the recession made people rethink need to buy a car.
Yes, risk at high stakes. Some do well with those high stakes, like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison, etc. Fiorina embarrasses herself every time she opens her mouth. She is too cringeworthy.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:49 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,668,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes, risk at high stakes. Some do well with those high stakes, like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison, etc. Fiorina embarrasses herself every time she opens her mouth. She is too cringeworthy.

Bahahaha I luv it. Know it all's find a forum and act like they think they are Donald Trump. Would love to see all your brilliant accomplishments. Yeah right...badmouth the Lady. You are impressive

Old 07-05-2015, 06:02 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,928,277 times
I don't think she has any delusions about her chance of winning the nomination. I think she is trying to gander enough support to do a little power brokering. I doubt if she gets enough

Old 07-05-2015, 06:35 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,878,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Then she crashed and burned. This may effect her chances or not. She gets right back up and carries on.

Its better than Ms. Clinton who is was a threat to National Security with her private server.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,357,235 times
Default Not on this planet

She has no more chance of winning a primary than SpongeBob SquarePants.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:06 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,054,622 times
Welp. It has spoken. You can go home now folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
She has no more chance of winning a primary than SpongeBob SquarePants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections