Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2016 GOP primary. More or less of a clown show than 2012?
More of a clown show 22 57.89%
Less 11 28.95%
About the same 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 10:37 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times

Advertisements

You are right, Hillary is terrible. But it must be killing y'all that she beats every single GOP candidate in each and every head-to-head polls, even Fox News'. Doesn't speak much to the purported deep bench - as we all know, quantity is not quality.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 10:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
You are right, Hillary is terrible. But it must be killing y'all that she beats every single GOP candidate in each and every head-to-head polls, even Fox News'. Doesn't speak much to the purported deep bench - as we all know, quantity is not quality.

Mick
Mick, even heads on polls mean absolutely nothing. We have to wait until, say after the NH primaries to really have a clue how a candidate will stand up against her. Right now there are so many choices and so many who know little of nothing about many of the Republicans. Do you really think, if she is the nominee she will end up winning by 8 or 10% points or getting anywher near 60% of the vote? I am sure, if you are honest and know much about politics you know it will, most likely be a close election.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:58 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Polls at this point are a function of name ID, so it is no surprise that Hillary wins that contest. Most people at this point don't have a clue who Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, etc. are. 99% know who Hillary is.

The other day I was talking to a co-worker and somehow the topic of Hank Johnson's quote about Guam capsizing came up. I couldn't for the life of me think of his name at the time. It has been several years since the incident.

I was looking around for someone to help me out, and realized that out of 70 co-workers, only about 2 or 3 would have even heard of that incident. That is the world we live in, w/ only about 5% of people even have a basic familiarity with the national political discourse.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:58 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
What a ridiculous and inflammatory poll. Typical of liberals and ethnocentrics.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:05 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Clowns to the Left of me, clowns to the Right and here I am .... Stuck in the middle with you

Let's not forget the Judy Collins hit - Send in the Clowns

Old 07-12-2015, 06:04 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Well The GOP Clown Show attracts 70 something year olds with the minds of kids and who pee on themselves if they forget their Depends!
It's not nice to insult old people. Clinton and Sanders might get their feelings hurt.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Well The GOP Clown Show attracts 70 something year olds with the minds of kids and who pee on themselves if they forget their Depends!
So people who love to throw insults like what you are saying belong back in grade school. I would take that senior any day over children that only know how to insult instead of post something informative. May I add, which you are fogetting, who has the youngest candidates running for President and who has a couple of hispanics or does that not count? What is your side offering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections