Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Trump backers America's best?
Yes 53 50.00%
No 53 50.00%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
When I picture what's going on here, I see Trump in a field, driving a Tank around some of the smoking wrecks he has already shelled, while the rest of the field is hiding in the woods and behind trees, afraid to show themselves, because they can not enforce the rules of engagement and make him use rubber bullets. I want to see them start showing themselves.
This is a pretty accurate analogy, given Trumps superior educational background.

I dont think any of them have a clue how to respond appropriately and make it effective. Even worse, how do you respond and claim Trump is wrong effectively without appearing to side with law breakers and those who are damaging the nation?

you cant. They have no choice, at least for now, to let the talking points of illegals die down as it will, and then wait till the next issue arises to get media attention and have them respond. Elections are far away from now and Trump will either cause everyone to tire of hearing of him between now and then, or he will be a huge force to recon with by securing his position early on, and no one else will be able to catch up.

Only time will tell. and his position on other issues and results during the debates, will help determine which way he'll go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 04:21 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
AT least your consistent, and still have no clue as to reality and what your babbling about.

You don't even know what a Tea Bagger is, do you? You have no clue, and are just parroting words you heard some place, thinking it makes sense. Do you even know what day it is today? Justice of the Peace? Gay Marriage? People of Color? Morality? More nonsense babbling? I had a friend who used to make the same arguments and in the same way, after he drank a case of beer and two bottles of liquor. Then the Drunk would pass out. Made as much sense as your making.

Yep, I don't care who gets Murdered in Mexico. Its not my turn to watch them and care. If they want to kill each other and cater to drug cartels, more power to them. When they get tired of they can fix it themselves.

Yep, opposition to Illegal Criminals jumping fences to get here can be based on anything anyone likes, even bigotry and racism. Maybe a "Bounty" placed on every illegal that tries to sneak over here would work too, along with land mines and the Military using lethal force to secure the Border. We could call that "Dead Zone" after you, as "Zombieland." How cool is that?
I'd definitely not appreciate your vision of a Holocaust against Mexicans being named after my handle but I definitely think it is fortunate that you are limited to being a poster on a message board and can't realistically carry out your genocidal fantasies. I find your views disgusting but at the very least unlike most Tea Partiers, you are openly admitting you care about the deaths of no one but white Americans, that honesty isn't common on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, you can't help yourself, can you? Still with the immature name-calling---pathetic on your part.

Guess what? Not everybody who disagrees with you is a "teabagger". Grow up.

"Opposition to illegal immigration is based on bigotry"? Are you serious? How is it "bigotry" to expect those who want to come here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws? You do realize that every country in the world has immigration laws---or did you not know this? So, by following your warped logic, every country in the world is bigoted. Here's a challenge for you---go to Mexico, but to get there, sneak across the border. Then try to find a job. See how long you last.

Just admit you are an anarchist who hates this country.
If I were an anarchist, I'd be closer to libertarian beliefs when I'm in fact a liberal Democrat. Why are you judging your value system on how the corrupt Mexican government acts? If I hated America, wouldn't I say that Mexicans are idiots for moving here and that they shouldn't? I don't think that's true and it's not wrong in the least for someone to want better for oneself and his/her family and to work hard to get ahead, that is the American Dream. National borders are an impermanent feature of a large planet, they're ultimately meaningless except to xenophobes who can't handle humans slightly differing from themselves.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:40 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Is Trump attracting America's best voters?

What difference does the quality of voters make? Obama rules because of the welfare vote and the gullible.

The real question is who will attract the most voters.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Not to mention using crude appeals to nativism to attract voters (taking the low road). It may be effective in the short term in appealing to the xenophobes in the primary but it certainly coarsens public discourse and may backfire in the general election.
Would that be the equivalent to using race and fear tactic to attract voters as the current leadership has done?

Old 07-17-2015, 10:44 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Is Trump attracting America's best voters?

What difference does the quality of voters make? Obama rules because of the welfare vote and the gullible.

The real question is who will attract the most voters.
Based on that, I'd say the GOP will lose again because of the welfare vote and the guilible . . . . plus women with their own mind. Come play again, ya hear?

Mick

Old 07-17-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You'd probably like to see several more reality TV stars in the race.
Amazing how some project their desires onto others while acting self righteous.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:50 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Amazing how some project their desires onto others while acting self righteous.
When it comes to politics, I prefer sober, intelligent people. No reality stars for me, thanks.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Reminds me of the ones who voted for George W. Bush because they'd like to sit down and have a beer with him.
While Obama did sit down and have a beer with a cop that he insulted to further his racial agenda.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump will force the GOP field to be crystal Clear on their Polices. Hilary will eventually have to come out of hiding and address the Conservative Press.
Only if she is forced to come out and then it will be kicking an screaming because she had no time to craft new lies.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Based on that, I'd say the GOP will lose again because of the welfare vote and the guilible . . . . plus women with their own mind. Come play again, ya hear?

Mick
You really give a lot of credit to the voters, don't you? You think that they are unable to think for themselves when a politician who to vote for.

Based on your post, it would appear that you are already bought and paid for with no chance of independent thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections