Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2015, 04:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Maybe he was there scouting for illegal aliens to work on his properties.
I think he wanted to show off his hat...which looked like something a flunky got at Hats R Us in the mall. I can't wait for the next one: "I'm Splitting the 'Pubs - Hillary Loves Me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 04:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From what I have read about her there was no indication that she came here legally. If you can prove otherwise then please do,
Out of curiosity, I looked her up on wikipedia. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columba_Bush).

Her parents were divorced when she was 3, and she grew up in Mexico. Met Jeb in Mexico when she was 16 in 1970. They married in 1974 in Texas. She became a naturalized citizen in 1979.

This could all have been accomplished legally. It's hard to see why she would ever have been illegal - the Bush family can and does avail themselves of sufficient legal advice to stay out of this kind of trouble.

Birtherism didn't work for Obama opponents, and won't work for Jeb opponents. Give it up and try something else.

OT, anyway.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think he wanted to show off his hat...which looked like something a flunky got at Hats R Us in the mall. I can't wait for the next one: "I'm Splitting the 'Pubs - Hillary Loves Me"
I liked the hat and what it said. Making America Great again is something I appreciate hearing.
Trump says it convincingly and often. Some candidates say it if it's in a script, but don't carry the meaning.
It was a white hat too. I'll bet that was a consideration also.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:50 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If Trump doesn't get elected the 2nd best option is Hillary getting elected. Why would I want some lukewarm, milquetoast loser like ¡Jabe! or Lindsay Graham to get elected? So "conservatives" in this country can feel good about America again while their spineless cuckold patsy enacts the same agenda Hillary would have, just a touch slower with more pretend angst over it?

This is why Republicans **** me off far more than Democrats. At least your average leftist truly believes in their misguided ideology and believes they are acting in their own best interest. Your standard Republican probably knows that what is going on is wrong but doesn't believe in anything more than they believe in self aggrandizement and will just go along with The Narrative from The Cathedral. That is why they are cuckolds, because they are spineless losers who allow (figuratively) other men to **** their wives. They sit idly by while their beloved political system rots and denigrates further and further, and rather than risk the ire of The Cathedral by speaking up they just clap like spineless cowards.

So, the only candidate I'll vote for his Trump. Assuming he doesn't win, I hope Hillary wins. I hope the GOP implodes and dies a painful death. They are sell outs and cowards. America needs a wake up call and the only way that will happen is we continue on the path we have been set upon. The time for half measures are over with and no amount of "lowering the tax burden" or "reforming the IRS" can save us. I hope Hillary gets elected and the SJWs get their every wish so we can just accelerate through the endgame that is ever approaching. Hillary is not the leader we need, but the leader we probably deserve.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:52 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Lol of course he'll run as an Independent because the Republicans won't nominate him.

He's no conservative but if there were one running as a third-party candidate, I'd vote for him or her. And if that's a "vote for Hillary," too bad because the Republican establishment is taking advantage of its conservative base the same way the Dems are keeping their base on the plantation.

I'm sick of these RINOs, RIWs (RINOs-In-Waiting), and the rest of these "Republican" pantywaists and, if 8 years of Bernie Sanders or Hillary is what it takes to send a message, then so be it.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:53 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
.... and he already has a lot of nutjob leftists, like El Chapo, threatening to kill him.
i've never checked but i'd assume that el chapo's politics would lean libertarian.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:54 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Trump is finished after the Fiasco in Laredo. The RNC did a job on him.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:55 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is finished after the Fiasco in Laredo. The RNC did a job on him.
Maybe if you keep saying it in every thread it will come true.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:59 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
So did anyone hear him announce a bold, new plan to crack down on employers who hire illegal aliens? Didn't think so..

Old 07-23-2015, 04:59 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
How did Russia secured its border shortly after Civil War and kept it fairly secure even during/after Soviet Union collapse? Much longer, with less friendly neighbors than Mexico, with regions next to border being sometimes not-friendly to the federal government (i.e. Chechnya)?
It turns out that being a messed-up place that no one in their right mind want to emigrate to does wonders for reducing illegal immigration. Of course, having a police state where anyone, anywhere is supposed to have their paperwork at the ready and a damn good explanation for their whereabouts - doubly so if close to a border - well, that helps. A privileged class of informers - well, that helps, too.

Perhaps Russia isn't that great of an example?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections