Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 09:03 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times

Advertisements

I understand ultra conservatives (or as McCain calls them .. "the crazies") are having a fling with Trump at the moment, but we all know the fun will some day end. There is no way Trump can actually win a general election, and all but the most insane and deluded see that. They will eventually have to shop for a serious candidate... someone they can back, but also someone the moderates and swing voters will concievably back as well.

I think I know who that person is going to be .... it's going to be Scott Walker. The more I learn about this guy, the more concerned I am that he has a very real chance of getting the nomination. Anyone old enough to remember the training sequence of Ivan Drago in Rocky IV? The man trained like a machine. That's Scott Walker. This guy recently stayed up for 36-hours straight delivering his stump speech in multiple states across the nation. His last speech was a crisp as his first. He's won three elections in the past three years and has been running for one office or another every two years since 1990. He has only lost three elections. That's a pretty good lifelong record.

His platform is solidly conservative -- straight arrow on social issues with full on Reaganomics and a hawkish foreign policy stance to round him out.

Unlike the other conservative candidates the conservative wing of the Republican Party was looking to in 2012, this man is not an idiot (looking at you Perry) and he has current, relevant political experience. Walker is poised to go the distance. He may very well unseat Jeb as the nominee.

Anyone else watching him?

Last edited by WestCobb; 07-16-2015 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 09:34 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I understand ultra conservatives (or as McCain calls them .. "the crazies") are having a fling with Trump at the moment, but we all know the fun will some day end. There is no way Trump can actually win a general election, and all but the most insane and deluded see that. They will eventually have to shop for a serious candidate... someone they can back, but also someone the moderates and swing voters will concievably back as well.

I think I know who that person is going to be .... it's going to be Scott Walker. The more I learn about this guy, the more concerned I am that he has a very real chance of getting the nomination. Anyone old enough to remember the training sequence of Ivan Drago in Rocky IV? The man trained like a machine. That's Scott Walker. This guy recently stayed up for 36-hours straight delivering his stump speech in multiple states across the nation. His last speech was a crisp as his first. He's won three elections in the past three years and has been running for one office or another every two years since 1990. He has only lost three elections. That's a pretty good lifelong record.

His platform is solidly conservative -- straight arrow on social issues with full on Reaganomics and a hawkish foreign policy stance to round him out.

Unlike the other conservative candidates the conservative wing of the Republican Party was looking to in 2012, this man is not an idiot (looking at you Perry) and he has current, relevant political experience. Walker is poised to go the distance. He may very well unseat Jeb as the nominee.

Anyone else watching him?

No, not watching Walker. Got my eyes glued on The Donald. And your ''insane'' harsh judgement is delusional. Of course, I've seen the unstable aspects in Trump as a celebrity TV guy, etc. But, Trump is NOW, showing a side that is the MOST stable of any who are running. As any sapient minded person realizes....Any of the potential POTUSA candidates are going to be flawed at final examination....so, I'll stick with the one who has addressed the issues head on, fearlessly. That's the ''Sane' thing to do, pal.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:37 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,851 times
Scott Walker is an overrated person.

There are a lot of overrated candidates.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:54 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times
Default Trump's 'Get Tough' Plan Revealed in New Book

Donald Trump officially put his name in the ring for the 2016 elections, and he touched down like a tornado with his presidential announcement at the Trump Tower in New York.

The well-known entrepreneur and American success story is brazenly taking a stab at real change for our country, with a solid plan to do away with the “losers” who run what was once the most powerful nation in the world.

His announcement speech exposed the flaws of the nation’s leaders and recalled strong elements from his best-selling book, “Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again.”

America has become the world’s “dumping ground” for everyone else’s problems. A “whipping boy” for other countries as we sink further and further into the debt of no return.

Trump warns of so-called leaders willingly giving our jobs to foreign hands and further
crippling the economy. Literally taking future opportunities from our children and grandchildren.

Meanwhile those same leaders feed America’s looming debt beast — an $18 trillion tab — with foreign aid and terrible negotiations.

And what then do we get for extending our wealth to help a legion of other countries? Lack of respect. We’re the “laughingstock” of the world.

Americans are tired. They’re apathetic when it comes to political rhetoric. And Trump wants to “Make America Great Again.”

Via Rasmussen Reports

Old 07-16-2015, 10:07 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Scott Walker is an overrated person.

There are a lot of overrated candidates.
One of them is going to get the nominee. Who do you think it's going to be?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:09 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,005 times
Voters are tired of career politicians like Walker and that sentiment is reflected in high poll numbers for Trump.
As a voter, I have to ask myself, who do I entrust the presidency to? Career politicians who entered politics broke and who are now millionaires? Or a billionaire who speaks the truth as the people see it, and obviously isn't in it for the money.
2008 was a joke...we need real hope and change in 2016 and hopefully, Trump will provide that.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:19 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Trump warns of so-called leaders willingly giving our jobs to foreign hands ...
his own clothing line is manufactured outside the US!

Old 07-16-2015, 10:23 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,851 times
Jeb will never get debt down!!

Jeb!

Old 07-16-2015, 10:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
his own clothing line is manufactured outside the US!
He's trying to prove he's a real politician, 'Do as I say, not as I do'

Old 07-16-2015, 10:28 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Trump is going to get the nomination. People realize he will do a much better job than anyone else. The public wants a true and fearless leader that understands business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections