Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 05:49 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,865,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Walker is not in a week and he is acting a fool instead of a president. He does not have the experience for this run or the handlers. The Dems will have his lunch soon enough. Bush, on the other hand, is playing Mr. Thoughtful Statesman, the adult in the roomful of immature clowns. It may not look like it now, but this is pretty much a cakewalk for him.
I agree. It's 2012 all over again, but substitute Jeb! for Romney. Every crazy is going to have his moment in the sun, when they will showcase for the country exactly what an idiot they are, after which they will quickly drop back in the polling. Jeb will be the only one left standing who doesn't look like an idiot, and he will waltz into the nomination with little trouble.

The far right never learns. Every four years they trot out these candidates who have no chance in hell of ever being elected, and then are stunned and outraged when the establishment Republican easily wins the nomination because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 05:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,244,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Clinton benefited from Perot.

Otherwise Bush would get it.

Also TBH he was a great speaker
Perot helped, but that is not why Bush lost.

There was a recession. Health care costs were already skyrocketing and people could not afford insurance. Bush was really out of touch with the electorate. E.g., Bush did not know there were grocery scanners, while Clinton could tell you the exact price of a gallon of milk. Clinton and Gore enthused the younger generation and were able to get out the vote. You don't remember 'It's the economy, stupid'?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:06 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,368,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree. It's 2012 all over again, but substitute Jeb! for Romney. Every crazy is going to have his moment in the sun, when they will showcase for the country exactly what an idiot they are, after which they will quickly drop back in the polling. Jeb will be the only one left standing who doesn't look like an idiot, and he will waltz into the nomination with little trouble.

The far right never learns. Every four years they trot out these candidates who have no chance in hell of ever being elected, and then are stunned and outraged when the establishment Republican easily wins the nomination because of it.
Didn't they do some sort of "Post-Mortum" on their results from 2012?? and decided they were being too divisive and polarizing not to mention they needed to reach out to Latino communities..even brought in folks to do such that... Yet right of the block we are witnessing yet another brand brush of a whole culture of actual American's...Sure there are illegal one's but no one ever cites the stats of those ( 12 million+) who actually do the crimes the whole is being blamed for!! It doesn't stop..It's ALL or nothing..For or against..Good or Bad..Contributor or LAZY and a TAKER!! ...47% per Romney...Is that what he believed that it's the black American/Latino Populations???

Have any of these folks even bothered to look into ALL American's who avail themselves of support systems offered to them???..Willing to bet there's just as many White folk who benefit too!! But I so far have been unable to even find such a data base anywhere,,but doesn't stop the rhetoric at all!!

Old 07-20-2015, 06:18 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,368,134 times
Quote:

Didn't they do some sort of "Post-Mortum" on their results from 2013?? and decided they were being too divisive and polarizing not to mention they needed to reach out to Latino communities..even brought in folks to do such that... Yet right of the block we are witnessing yet another brand brush of a whole culture of actual American's...Sure there are illegal one's but no one ever cites the stats of those ( 12 million+) who actually do the crimes the whole is being blamed for!! It doesn't stop..It's ALL or nothing..For or against..Good or Bad..Contributor or LAZY and a TAKER!! ...47% per Romney...Is that what he believed that it's the black American/Latino Populations???

Have any of these folks even bothered to look into ALL American's who avail themselves of support systems offered to them???..Willing to bet there's just as many White folk who benefit too!! But I so far have been unable to even find such a data base anywhere,,but doesn't stop the rhetoric at all!!

I just found a link that actually proves many things...one should really read thru this whole link..unfortunately can't provide pictures of the many graphs..But read it to realize much of the claims being made is rather mis-informed!!

I.e. Populations as of 2014..is 318 million
Native born as of 2014 .is 276.4 million
Foreign born as of 2015 is 13.3 million....
https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...o/p25-1143.pdf

Old 07-20-2015, 09:29 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,632,895 times
Quote:

WOW, Sounds like it's hard to be a conservative. They are fed and watered at the GOP trough of knowledge.
Maybe there is something in the water that prevents intellectual growth. Baring that I have to fallback on the lead paint problem.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:05 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,007,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Ah, yes. The Bush Is Strong In This One.

Are you people ready for tax cuts for the rich, coupled with trillion dollar unpaid wars? Because it worked out so well the first time.

Scott Walker: We might have to take military action on Day One - The Washington Post
Context helps:

“I believe they should be prepared to act on the very first day they take office. It’s very possible – God forbid, but it’s very possible – that the next president could be called to take aggressive actions, including military action, on the first day in office. And I don’t want a president who is not prepared to act on day one. So, as far as me, as far as my position, I’m going to be prepared to be president on day one.”

Old 07-20-2015, 10:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,793,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Context helps:

“I believe they should be prepared to act on the very first day they take office. It’s very possible – God forbid, but it’s very possible – that the next president could be called to take aggressive actions, including military action, on the first day in office. And I don’t want a president who is not prepared to act on day one. So, as far as me, as far as my position, I’m going to be prepared to be president on day one.”
Walker, who listed his credentials to be president as being a boy scout, is not ready on a first or last day to be president. Scott Walker suggests being an Eagle Scout has prepared him to be commander in chief

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/election-matters/scott-walker-suggests-being-an-eagle-scout-has-prepared-him/article_a8f0957e-5f09-504b-961d-c67c2927eb23.html#ixzz3gUtEYpuF

I guess Walker wants to earn his war badge.

Last edited by jojajn; 07-20-2015 at 10:32 PM..

Old 07-20-2015, 11:03 PM

5,890 posts, read 3,891,787 times
How can we rid all of these neocons from the Republican Party? Seriously!

I think Ron Paul summed it up best in 2008. "We keep losing elections and it all has to do with our foreign policy." I don't know how conservative voters tolerate the war rhetoric, but with nuts like Sean Hannity and all of the idiots on FOX News constantly spouting it, I guess they're swallowing it whole.

George W. has cost Republicans the White House for generations.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:59 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
How can we rid all of these neocons from the Republican Party? Seriously!

I think Ron Paul summed it up best in 2008. "We keep losing elections and it all has to do with our foreign policy." I don't know how conservative voters tolerate the war rhetoric, but with nuts like Sean Hannity and all of the idiots on FOX News constantly spouting it, I guess they're swallowing it whole.

George W. has cost Republicans the White House for generations.
If Hillary gets the nomination even the most nuttiest stands a chance.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:02 PM

106 posts, read 104,141 times
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...wl-120381.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections