Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 11:23 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times

Advertisements

Rubio needs to grow up.....and lose the lisp!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 11:23 AM

998 posts, read 665,261 times
I have heard from many Democrats who are actually going to vote for Trump. I'm not sure why exactly, but he is attracting a lot of the moderate dems. Given the choice between Hillary (who is a cold, unrelatable reptilian that nobody likes) and Trump, I think Trump will actually steal a lot of the Democratic vote.

A lot of moderate Democrats are very fickle people. For example, in 2012, there was tremendous support for Ron Paul, because he was "libertarian". I think a lot of them didn't really even know what that meant, but he was pro-marijuana, so they supported him. Trump could pull a similar trick this year.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-23-2015 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 07-23-2015, 11:29 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Trump is a very classy guy.

Just look at the photos of his 5th Avenue Manhattan apartment.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:11 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
I have heard from many Democrats who are actually going to vote for Trump.
Why is that shocking? We've always had a core group of Democrats who voted for Republicans sane or otherwise.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:14 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Like I have said in other post, they are ALL scared sh**less of Trump, and need to keep harping on him, hoping he will go away.
The other candidates have nothing constructive to bring to the table, so they start this bitchin campaign against Trump.
It is just as simple as that, and the more Trump's numbers rise in the polls, the stronger these losers will attack.

Bob.
They all realize they get zero media coverage unless they feud with Mr. Trump. Since mid-June, I don't remember hearing anybody on TV unless they are fighting with Mr. Trump.

Mick

Old 07-23-2015, 04:33 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
https://youtu.be/wEPKl3eJiV0

For those who support Trump, what do you think about Rubio's comments?
I think Rubio is a political cuckold who will crawl to The Cathedral to seek approval to continue the SJW agenda every chance he gets. Then again you could take out "Rubio" and add in "Jeb," "Graham," etc. and still be right.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:44 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
All of the Republicans do seem alike to me now that Trump is campaigning. I used to like Rubio, but Trump draws a sharp contrast between himself and the average politician.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:50 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
All of the Republicans do seem alike to me now that Trump is campaigning. I used to like Rubio, but Trump draws a sharp contrast between himself and the average politician.
Exactly, which is why Trump is so great. His presence is like flipping the light on in a roach infested apartment. They are all scurrying now to avoid being exposed.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:25 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Trump demonstrates leadership with politicians and media.
Politicians are used to being manipulated and accept being followers. That is why they can't get a good deal in any negotiation with other governments on trade or Nuclear issues. Bill Clinton couldn't do it either so he did what he knew and
paid off Yasser Arafat and Israel. That is how he got the peace deal back then.
Obama would have accepted anything because he wants a legacy. Add to that he has no respect or a clue.
Trump knows how to negotiate and wrote the book and just as important has had years of practice.
It makes the other candidates look like they never read a book. They are molded cookie cutter material and Trump is frosting them.

Last edited by phma; 07-23-2015 at 08:04 PM..

Old 07-23-2015, 08:02 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Trump is a smart guy and he knows what he is doing.
Everyone wants him to act like a politician. If he did that he would be like them and there would be no reason to pay any attention to him. He would have to talk like them and act like them. Only a fool would see that as a way to the White House.

A successful businessman who has had a much broader playing field. It is the deference between playing chest and checkers. They want him to act the same part as they do and everyone would see him as a phony. A phony is intended to make someone think something that is not true. That is the very definition of the current politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections