Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 03:40 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't know how to answer this question. Honestly. You think he would win presidency?
Well. Everyone thought Ronald Reagan was a lightweight too and look what happened. So, I say, don't rule him out. Not that I want him, mind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Bueller View Post
I could see Trump meeting survivors of Bataan. "I like people who aren't captured".
Good one! His verbal diarrhea is Trump's BIGGEST flaw that will get him in the way of winning the presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 03:41 PM

38,960 posts, read 27,318,104 times
Quote:
Sure. That's because he treats it as a joke. I mean,a guy who employs loads of illegals is now Tom Tancredo/Joe Arpaio.
Well Electable and likable are two different things.

I like Rand Paul, but he might not be electable. I like Ron Paul, he was too "radical" according to some.

Win or lose, Americans should thank Mr. Trump for being a true patriot. It doesn't matter he wants to win or not, he is talking about what most people in this country REALLY care about.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well. Everyone thought Ronald Reagan was a lightweight too and look what happened. So, I say, don't rule him out. Not that I want him, mind you.

Good one! His verbal diarrhea is Trump's BIGGEST flaw that will get him in the way of winning the presidency.
Right, he has poor impulse control. This might be his biggest flaw.

In all fairness, Trump is no Reagan.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:48 PM

260 posts, read 216,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well Electable and likable are two different things.

I like Rand Paul, but he might not be electable. I like Ron Paul, he was too "radical" according to some.

Win or lose, Americans should thank Mr. Trump for being a true patriot. It doesn't matter he wants to win or not, he is talking about what most people in this country REALLY care about.
Yes,but he is a grade A hypocrite. He hires illegals,yet rails against them. I could go on and on. We have many great candidates,and he is sucking all the oxygen out of the room.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Yes,but he is a grade A hypocrite. He hires illegals,yet rails against them. I could go on and on. We have many great candidates,and he is sucking all the oxygen out of the room.
He is the loudest one and he sets the bar way too high. So I am thinking he won't mind being held accountable. LOL. He makes a lot of promises, and he has to get something done. Don't you think? Since illegal immigrants is his strongest selling point, I DO believe he will be able to secure the border. It really is not that hard to do.

My brother wants a career in politics in the future, and he is a successful business man. My brother filed bankruptcy once, but he is still super successful. No one is perfect.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:59 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,887,863 times
The only real reason to support Trump is the establishment shakeup he's committing to the Republican Party. And if by some miracle he won he wouldn't require the level of funding the other candidates do.

Did you know he was a Democrat from 01-09?

Old 07-26-2015, 04:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,070,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The best reason to support Trump is that most of the Obama supporters don't like him.

The past seven years would suggest that such supporters are the perfect reverse barometer of competence and an effective POTUS.
That seems to be a good reason to put a man to be the president of the most powerful country in the world.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The only real reason to support Trump is the establishment shakeup he's committing to the Republican Party. And if by some miracle he won he wouldn't require the level of funding the other candidates do.

Yes,

It doesn't matter what he has done, the ones who support him are willing to let the past go because he is appealing to a lot of people.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,070,516 times
It's amusing how far right conservative rail against the Hope and Change populism but have been drooling over the right wing version.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:07 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,909,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post

So what if he used to be a Democrat? Reagan was one for decades, voted for and admired FDR, and was even a Hollywood guy - a typical Tea Party guy would have heart attack if a new politician with such a past wanted to join them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections