Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 04:40 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

he was "herido," Spanish for "hurt," by Donald Trump's comments about undocumented Mexican immigrants.
Undocumented Mexican immigrants is the language they use. Not Mine. Illegal is not PC but accurate. They can't use that phrase because it would make them look like they support breaking the law. And they do.

"I was hurt hearing somebody speaking in such a vulgar fashion."
It must be news to Bush, but when Illegals are raping and murdering some Americans find that rather vulgar.

He sounds more like Hillary every day and we really need to take his feelings into account. Is this the message we want to send Iran, Russia, China, or any other nation. Please Vladimir Putin before we talk a deal, take my feelings into account. I mean it, Please !!!

"When we have politicians like that we cannot progress."
"In a political sense it was bad, and it creates an environment that is worse,"

Translation : we PC politicians can't continue to do nothing unless we have PC words that mask the fact that we are not going to do anything. But when we talk we need a more romantic atmosphere with soft music to match the soft money, and keep the lights dim so it matches our wit, and the programs we want to lie about.

He likes the idea of bankruptcy too. Puerto Rico should be able to file for bankruptcy.
The lets beat up on Trump crowd says that he is not presidential because of past bankruptcy involvement. Bush calls for it and that makes him presidential. Maybe he said in a PC way.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...xicans-n399206

Last edited by phma; 07-27-2015 at 05:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 04:59 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
he was "herido," Spanish for "hurt," by Donald Trump's comments about undocumented Mexican immigrants.
Undocumented Mexican immigrants is the language they use. Not Mine. Illegal is not PC but accurate. They can't use that phrase because it would make them look like they support braking the law. And they do.

"I was hurt hearing somebody speaking in such a vulgar fashion."
It must be news to Bush, but when Illegals are raping and murdering some Americans find that rather vulgar.

He sounds more like Hillary every day and we really need to take his feelings into account. Is this the message we want to send Iran, Russia, China, or any other nation. Please Vladimir Putin before we talk a deal take my feelings into account. I mean it, Please !!!

He likes the idea of bankruptcy too. Puerto Rico should be able to file for bankruptcy. The lets beat up on Trump crowd says that he is not presidential because of past bankruptcy involvement. Bush calls for it and that makes him presidential. Maybe he said in a PC way.

Jeb Bush Says He Was Hurt by Trump Remarks About Mexicans - NBC News

Bush is a bogus hack phony populist, Freaking Loser.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:03 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Bush is a bogus hack phony populist, Freaking Loser.
I can't wait until he gets the GOP nomination. Then all of the sudden he is conservatives' Jesus Christ Superstar on these boards. You watch, friend.

Mick

Old 07-27-2015, 11:27 PM

99,567 posts, read 4,492,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I can't wait until he gets the GOP nomination. Then all of the sudden he is conservatives' Jesus Christ Superstar on these boards. You watch, friend.

Mick
Yep. Looks like he's already taking the first step in that direction. The theocrats will be knocking each other down to get to the polls to vote for Bush.

Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio Plan To Court Evangelicals During Rally With Southern Baptists' Russell Moore

Old 07-28-2015, 01:32 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,538,346 times
Quote:

Mick
He's not winning the GOP nomination. He's so moderate on most every issue, he might as well be running as a Democrat. Not to mention the way he panders to illegals is pathetic.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:56 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
From now on I demand that all illegal aliens be referred to as "uninvited visitors".

Old 07-28-2015, 05:32 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
He's not winning the GOP nomination. He's so moderate on most every issue, he might as well be running as a Democrat.
What you learn in Political Science 101 is that the electorate is shaped like a bell curve in ideology. So, conservatives and liberals are outnumbered greatly by those who consider themselves to be moderates. Despite what conservatives say, someone who is hard right cannot win in that environment (ditto for someone who is super liberal).

That explains GOP nominations of McCain and Romney over people like Gingrich and Santorum. I know you think they were clobbered because they weren't conservative enough. That's what conservative media keeps saying, but it is not true. They were in the game because they were moderate, relatively speaking. I think Romney would have won but for his 47% speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
Not to mention the way he panders to illegals is pathetic.
He is not pandering to the illegals, they can't vote. Contrary to conservative fantasy, they do not risk discovery and deportation by trying to vote with fake documents. Think about it, they risk their life to sneak in here and work long hours in a menial job for few bucks under the table. Do you think they have the time or interest to go vote when one vote means nothing in reality? Put yourself in their shoes and you'd quickly realize how dumb that would be.

Bush is pandering to the Mexican-Americans, perhaps. But that is the electorate that helped him win in Florida. Not to mention his wife is one, and his kids are half Mexican. Also, his connections to the Latinos are what will be an advantage in the general election. Do you think he could be harsh against illegal immigrants? His rhetoric would inevitably perceived negatively by the Mexican-Americans -- conservatives' fine distinction between citizens and illegals would be lost on this emotional issue.

Mick

Old 07-28-2015, 05:43 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:

Mick

If Ms. Clinton is his opponent, I may join that Bush choir.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:46 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times
I'd rather have a D president heavily opposed by both R-Congress and Senate, than R-President willing to give away whatever little rights we have with full support of his party.

It was Reagan who gave amnesty to illegal aliens. It was Bush who gave us Patriot Act. And while Obama wanted to take our guns from us, he achieved exactly opposite (I'd call him a salesman of the year for several consecutive years!)

Old 07-28-2015, 02:12 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
I'm glad someone else caught that about him; he comes across to me almost like a Boy Scout/Gentle Ben; he looks like he's hiding from the guy who threw a bucket of water over him, and he slumps too much, or just seems disheveled.

You know how some men just can't pull off a tuxedo? That's how I see him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections