Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 04:34 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times

Advertisements

Why is it that in a crowded GOP field there are only two (only one now) that have expressed any interest in decreasing the size and scope of the federal gov't? I was listening to Romney in an interview, and didn't hear any plan on decreasing the size of the gov't. Not even a hint. Huckabee wants a federal ban on smoking, so no sign of a shrinking gov't there. McCain isn't much of a Republican at all. And Ghouliani wants a national ID card. (scary) So why is it the only candidates who would shrink the fed get such little support or attention, and in Dr. Paul's case gets blatantly made fun of in debates by overgrown kindergarteners (Romney and McCain). Isn't a small government the most important part of the GOP platform? Dude, where's my party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 04:36 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
www.sentinel-tribune.com (broken link)

You aren't the only one asking this.

Quote:
According to the GOP Web site, they believe:
• The proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well, by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people.
• The free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.
• In sound money management.
• That Americans should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.
I believe in those things and so does Paul. The thing I didn’t see was: “I Believe… in nation building, policing the world, spreading our goodness via the barrel of a gun and the war.”

Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
That's a good article.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM

522 posts, read 963,239 times
Hey Justin,
You aren't alone.
I am seriously concerned about this election, too many people do not realize all of this, and the implications of the whole thing.
Today, I had a relative say to me,"What's RFID?" !!!!
They don't even know!
The globalist media agenda has done such a good job of dumbing down america, and unfortunately, people still watch the box and think that it's true what it tells them.
Wake up America!!! We have ONE candidate running that actually TELLS THE TRUTH!!!
His voting record proves it!!!!
Look it up, and stop expecting the government to pay your bills and raise taxes all across the board~!!!!
This election is so crucial to our nation that today I signed up to canvass the neighborhoods in my area.
I am also going to do my level best to get on our local radio and tell them what this all means for our future and the future of the kids they are having.
They truly just don't know Justin.
PS How are things in Boise?

Old 01-24-2008, 05:06 PM

PSS..Did you see Ron Paul on God tube?!! It is an awesome video!!

Old 01-24-2008, 05:43 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
PSS..Did you see Ron Paul on God tube?!! It is an awesome video!!
Can you post a link to his video ?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:17 PM

269 posts, read 542,426 times
It's pretty bad.

Eh, but isn't there some political axiom that dictates that any group that ISN'T explicitly, unapologetically right-wing will gradually drift to the left? Till the entire thing implodes into anarchy.

Then we get to start over again.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM

471 posts, read 1,508,949 times
You have to listen to more than one 2min interview. I've heard Romney talk about cutting government jobs and getting rid of useless programs many times. In one debate in particular he specifically mentioned how many programs they had for this or that and how ridiculous it was, and that he was going to downsize. I hear it all the time. But then again I'm not selective about what I pay attention to.

In Case You Missed It: Governor Romney On Government Spending (broken link)

Old 01-24-2008, 07:03 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
i hear you justin.they all give some lip service to shrinking the govt. but seem to want to shrink it in some areas and grow it in others.i'm not a big rush limbaugh fan but i agreed with him the other day when he said he guessed we would just have to decide which candidate we dislike least

Old 01-24-2008, 09:21 PM

Lightbulb To answer Texanborn;

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Can you post a link to his video ?
Simply go to God tube, there you will see a search bar at the top, just enter the name Ron Paul, it will come up, the 1st and 2nd one are the ones I have watched, there are more however.
You can also let your commentary on there.
It is becoming quite popular.
Wish you and yours well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections