Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 03:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 941,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Not sure when the last big movement of crossing over was, to make sure you get the opponent you desire in the general election, but a big opportunity is presenting itself.

If Democrats can hold their nose long enough to vote to trump in the primary season along with the gullible (cough-cough) "reality" t.v. show watchers who actually might vote for trump because they can't see his nakedness behind the invisible new clothes... that looks like a recipe for a Democratic victory of epic landslide proportions in the general election.

Yes, let's make a complete mockery of an already broken process.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal25 View Post
Yes, let's make a complete mockery of an already broken process.
Trump the birther running for president has already made it a mockery. We just support the effort.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump the birther running for president has already made it a mockery. We just support the effort.
As your posts indicate, a substantial amount of support for Trump is coming from liberals who think that he can help their cause. They're probably right, but still it is a disingenuous tactic. You don't see Republicans trying to boost Bernard Sanders even though the better he does, the better chances of a GOP prez in 2016.

Therein lies the basic difference between the two parties.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As your posts indicate, a substantial amount of support for Trump is coming from liberals who think that he can help their cause. They're probably right, but still it is a disingenuous tactic. You don't see Republicans trying to boost Bernard Sanders even though the better he does, the better chances of a GOP prez in 2016.

Therein lies the basic difference between the two parties.
I don't know a single liberal supporting Trump, they just think it's funny.

And I really can't believe Republicans would accuse anyone of being disingenuous. Remember Limbaugh and the Hillary plan? Don't even.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:23 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
If history repeats itself, as it normally does, there will be a Republican in the White House again. The Democrats are in meltdown mode because it will probably happen, and the Republicans are in meltdown mode because it will probably be Trump.
The Donald is Republican by voter registration status only. He's not hardcore repub and he's not a Dem, he is his own political entity. That's what scares the crap out of both parties.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
If history repeats itself, as it normally does, there will be a Republican in the White House again. The Democrats are in meltdown mode because it will probably happen, and the Republicans are in meltdown mode because it will probably be Trump.
The Donald is Republican by voter registration status only. He's not hardcore repub and he's not a Dem, he is his own political entity. That's what scares the crap out of both parties.
If history repeats itself and a Republican is elected, brace for a level of ugliness that has been held for eight years. Republicans plotted to oppose Obama on anything and everything the night of the election and we have seen a level of nasty like nothing I've seen before. A part of me is almost waiting for the flag to go down. A Republican president could beg for a new level of civility and Democrats will openly laugh. There is absolutely no obligation to work with Republicans on anything whatsoever and you should know that. Ultimately, I don't know that the country can remain undivided but that's a discussion for another day.

Democrats saw Bush appointed by the Supreme Court. They saw him appointed after his brother the governor got involved. The Supreme Court made a ruling that said their ruling was a "one time thing" and could not be used as future precedent. Then they saw the first black president treated worse than anything I've ever seen. No, I don't expect it to be pretty and that's just being honest.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:49 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Not sure when the last big movement of crossing over was, to make sure you get the opponent you desire in the general election, but a big opportunity is presenting itself.

If Democrats can hold their nose long enough to vote to trump in the primary season along with the gullible (cough-cough) "reality" t.v. show watchers who actually might vote for trump because they can't see his nakedness behind the invisible new clothes... that looks like a recipe for a Democratic victory of epic landslide proportions in the general election.

Sounds like a lot of character lacking here...........everything is relative though right?

Old 08-02-2015, 04:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
If history repeats itself and a Republican is elected, brace for a level of ugliness that has been held for eight years. Republicans plotted to oppose Obama on anything and everything the night of the election and we have seen a level of nasty like nothing I've seen before. A part of me is almost waiting for the flag to go down. A Republican president could beg for a new level of civility and Democrats will openly laugh. There is absolutely no obligation to work with Republicans on anything whatsoever and you should know that. Ultimately, I don't know that the country can remain undivided but that's a discussion for another day.

Democrats saw Bush appointed by the Supreme Court. They saw him appointed after his brother the governor got involved. The Supreme Court made a ruling that said their ruling was a "one time thing" and could not be used as future precedent. Then they saw the first black president treated worse than anything I've ever seen. No, I don't expect it to be pretty and that's just being honest.
the US supreme court got involved because the florida supreme court was rewriting election law, and that is not what the courts are there to do. gore only wanted four counties recounted, and the florida court allowed it which is not legal. the entire state should have been recounted again, or no recount done.

also i dont know how many recounts you wanted done, but gore was not going to win that election, as was proven after the new york times and others got together and recounted ALL the florida votes, and low and behold bush won. live wit it.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the US supreme court got involved because the florida supreme court was rewriting election law, and that is not what the courts are there to do. gore only wanted four counties recounted, and the florida court allowed it which is not legal. the entire state should have been recounted again, or no recount done.

also i dont know how many recounts you wanted done, but gore was not going to win that election, as was proven after the new york times and others got together and recounted ALL the florida votes, and low and behold bush won. live wit it.
Even Sandra Day O'Connor says the Supreme Court should not have become involved. There is so much that was wrong with that election starting with the fact that the governor of the state was the brother of one of the candidates. You know this, everyone does. It was completely polluted and if it was so above board, the Supreme Court wouldn't have said it could not be used as precedent in the future - thus saying Democrats could not do the same thing next time. Completely polluted and the votes came down by political party.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:27 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
I don't know a single liberal supporting Trump, they just think it's funny.

And I really can't believe Republicans would accuse anyone of being disingenuous. Remember Limbaugh and the Hillary plan? Don't even.
Correction, you do know a single liberal supporting Trump.

From your post #45

Quote:
We just support the effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections