Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 06:47 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. More unemployed citizens
Where do you get that from? If you look at the U-6 Unemployment Rate (which accounts for the underemployed and those who have given up looking for work), we are already back to where we were before the financial meltdown and 1/3 better than when Obama got into office.

I hear this over and over on conservative media that it doesn't matter that the conventional unemployment rate has been so much better because the labor participation rate is horrendous. Don't think so.

Looksie here: U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven

Mick

Old 08-05-2015, 06:55 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
His mother was an American. That makes him an American, no matter where you think he was born.
Because of the year he was born, and the fact that his mother hadn't resided in the U.S. for 5 years after she was 14 (she was 18 when he was born), that isn't true. If he was born in Canada, for example, he would be Canadian and British, but wouldn't be a U.S. citizen.

Quote:
"Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child."
Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Obama and his mother's presence in the state of Washington when he was still so young that his mother didn't even know how to change his diaper does lend some credence to the possibility that Obama could have been born in Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...dvfrQEeIBY#t=0

Hard to believe he could have been born in Hawaii, and then he and his Mom flew to Seattle 10 or so days later. For what purpose? Why was being in Seattle and away from Barack Sr so important that newborn Barry and Mom had to fly to Seattle so shortly after his birth, and stay in Seattle for the 1961-62 school year? Why didn't she just stay in Hawaii with her husband, parents, and friends (i.e., her support system), and continue taking classes at the University of Hawaii? And wouldn't that mean she left Obama Sr behind in Hawaii instead of the sob-story of Obama Sr abandoning her in Hawaii to go to Harvard in 1962?

HistoryLink.org- the Free Online Encyclopedia of Washington State History

Old 08-05-2015, 06:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Got to admit. He's right. Obama has left a bitter taste in peoples' mouths that will remain for decades.

Trump may not be my first choice for president, but I sure do like they way he's willing to give the middle finger to political correctness and say what everyone else is thinking.

Trump Says Americans Won't Vote For Another Black President Because Obama Was So Bad | ThinkProgress
Did SOME people's perception that president, fill in the blank, did a lousy job, prevent the election of another white guy?

Old 08-05-2015, 07:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't' think he has a clear strategy, he is just riding the wave. Bush has a much clearer strategy, and will turn out to be a likeable candidate who stays away from the mud slinging. I think he will win it.
I continue to think Trump has no intention of being President.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:36 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Trump is a breath of fresh air.

He speaks the truth, which career politicians have abandoned in favor of political correctness.

Anyone who criticizes Obama is accused first of being a "racist", not one simply questioning his policies. Obama's (and his supporters) use of the race card to deflect any objective evaluation of his policies will have a lasting effect on future black candidates.
Being politically incorrect is not necessarily "speaking the truth". You can be honest without being boorish. Saying "America will never elect another Black President", well, let's pick this apart. The same people who didn't want their President to be Black are the same ones making those comments now. And another argument is this. Can Trump prove that if another Black man comes along, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or Independent, that he wouldn't get elected? Trump is just saying whatever he things. He hasn't proved everything he has said. I can point this out. Dr. Ben Carson was doing quite well in the polls until Trump started running his mouth.

Why is Ben Carson doing so well in the polls? - The Washington Post

So, saying something racially motivated is a breath of fresh air? Anyone who thinks like that I have to consider that said person feels the same way Trump feels. How do you know many won't want a Black Republican?

And as long as we are on race, I will put this out there. President Obama got elected TWICE. The second time around, he received about 39 percent of the White vote(and much of that was the younger voters), 73 percent of the Asian vote 71 percent of the Hispanic vote, and 93 percent of the Black vote. Based on this, he did the worst among Whites, but did well among everyone else.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:59 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
1. More unemployed citizens

2. lower wages

3. more people on foodstamps

4. more people living in poverty

5. lower home ownership

6. record debt

If that is a record which libs and democrats consider "good", I certainly do not want to see "bad"!
Yup. Cut taxes and start 2 needless wars (one with lies), put them on the credit card and blame the next guy for debt. I`m with you on the need for a drastic hike in the minimum wage and I can say that you`re the 1st repub I`ve ever heard pushing for higher wages. Most of them want us to be Haiti. Did you know that 3 of 4 households receiving food stamps has someone in the home earning money? Now you do. Better wages mean less food stamps.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:01 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
President Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II, 33 percent of American voters say in a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today. Another 28 percent pick President George W. Bush.

Ronald Reagan is the best president since WWII, 35 percent of voters say, with 18 percent for Bill Clinton, 15 percent for John F. Kennedy and 8 percent for Obama

National (US) Poll - July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst Presid | Quinnipiac University Connecticut
Oops!
But this matters not to his delusional cult following, which is still surprisingly large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
George W Bush was one of the worst presidents ever.

Would anybody ever say that nobody will vote for another white president?
Not comparable; that would only make sense if W had been the first/only white president.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:01 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Trump is a buffoon. American would and will vote for another black President in a heartbeat.

Hopefully next time we will not be subjected to endless howling by the left.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Trump is a joke, but I kind of agree that a lot of people will not vote for a minority president again any time soon, basically all those people who already expected Obama to be a failure from the start. They probably consider their expectations and fears confirmed.

I think he turned out a mediocre mixed back, maybe that is all that is possible in that office by now...

Old 08-05-2015, 08:36 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Sadly, with our deteriorating intellectual population, some people will associate being black with being a bad president after Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections