Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 02:00 PM

711 posts, read 932,877 times

Advertisements

I agree, I have not heard enough from R. Paul.

I have not heard much from any candidate concerning the really vital issues or how they propose fixing "leader blunders" gone wrong. Obviously middle class issues are not hot topics and power abuse issues will not be addressed. On meet the press Hillary did the best talk much, say little stint I ever saw. Ahem, someone must be coaching her.

For me a dynasty vote of any nature is taboo. I won't vote for a candidate with any strings to the WH. or at least any to my knowledge.

I prefer a candidate with middle class upbringing and one who has viewpoints reflecting the same.
We have had the brat mentality of the elite and the forgot whence they came stigma of the B movie actors. We now need a man and I mean a MAN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 03:53 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
He fits the bill of what you're looking for. Obviously, what you're looking for isn't what you claim.
He has no communication skills whatsoever. Paul comes across to ME as a bumbling nutcase. I cannot understand anything he says. The other thing I do not like about him is the fact if you dont agree with him he wont even talk to you or shake yur hand. This is a weakness trait. He would not be a good leader because of his lack of these skills.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:58 PM

58 posts, read 57,438 times
I really like Hilary, she has much experience.
I truly believe in her.

John Edwards is my 2nd favorite.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:28 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
G_d help us Taty!!

Anyway, I agree with purplecow, poor Ron Paul has no speaking or communication skills. He is frail and unhealthy looking. We need a robust, alive Leader who can take on the ever growing "enemy" we seem to collect so easily these days.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:02 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,858,693 times
Quote:
I really like Hilary, she has much experience.
Experience doing what????????????????????????????????????????????
Being married??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

Old 01-28-2008, 12:51 AM

58 posts, read 57,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Experience doing what????????????????????????????????????????????
Being married??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
lMAO!! Haven't you read her book? And I've noticed Obama stutters soo much in his speecheS!!

Hilary knows all the right answers!! We need someone authoritarian and realistic!! And that Is Hilary!!

She is for liberal rights of today's society!! We need someone who is not redneck, hick and that is Bush!!
We need a fresh face!!

Does Bill Clinton text message Monica at all? At least hilary, she is faithful to her husband!! Bills is a playa!!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
What are you looking for in a President?

Someone who gives me everything I want. A leader who is decisive, strong, handsome, intelligent, b*llsy and who will smack the ineffectual approval ratings-challenged US Senate around --- someone like my man, Uncommitted.

He has nice ties, too.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:10 AM

438 posts, read 1,508,889 times
What do I want in a president? I feel we are at a critical junction in our nation's history. We need someone who can unite the country and inspire the people, not a polorizing figure. We need someone relatively free of scandal. The last 16 years have been full of deceit, dishonesty, and downright silliness. We need someone who can lead us all. Right now I feel either John McCain or Barak Obama fit that description.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
I never found ANYone that deserved the Presidency.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 AM

893 posts, read 790,301 times
As I see it, we need two one to run the war and one to straighten out the economy. McCain/ Romney ticket sounds interesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections