Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 08:15 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

A news wires is an organization of journalists established to supply news reports to news organizations: newspapers, magazines, and radio and television broadcasters. Such an agency may also be referred to as a wire service.
Almost every newspaper all over the world is a member of the Associated Press. The AP, like Reuters and other wire services, supplies stories, photographs and graphics in newspapers. The news wire is the “official” source. Nothing is “official” until AP or other news wire picks up the story.

Once the newspaper gets the article from the wire service they can modified it or put their spin on it. Often times you can read a report in one paper and read almost the exact report in another paper. Or one that has been modified can bring you to a completely different conclusion.

Papers can also create a news story outside the source of a news wire. When they do that and claim anonymous sources it's often wise to consider it opinion until confirmed by a party to the story. Unless you trust the paper is always honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 08:28 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is a world of politics between, "Hey, Donald, if you feel strongly about these issues, you should become more involved" to "Hey Donald, let's work together to get Hillary in the White House".
i don't think anyone is implying that there is a direct conspiracy between bill and donald to get hillary in the white house.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:21 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Rumor is Bill has a new girlfriend. Maybe he's going to dump Hillary and endorse Trump.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Tell me, when did NBC, ABC, CBS, NYT, WaPo, LAT, NPR, etc. become unreliable sources of news? They have been respected for many, many decade for their journalistic standards, and all of sudden they aren't because the conservatives said so one day? Do these outlets conspire before reporting to put the exact same spin on the news each time?

Just because they don't agree with your view of the world doesn't make them dishonest or inaccurate.

Besides, what are the more reliable media channels? Fox News? Daily Mail? NY Post? I can assure you the words "journalistic standards" have never been uttered there.

I just find it amusing that people who put down NYT or WaPo for being biased have no qualms about watching only Fox News.

Mick
All those agencies are just as biased as fox or ny post. They put out just as much biased garbage.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:59 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Tell me, when did NBC, ABC, CBS, NYT, WaPo, LAT, NPR, etc. become unreliable sources of news? They have been respected for many, many decade for their journalistic standards, and all of sudden they aren't because the conservatives said so one day? Do these outlets conspire before reporting to put the exact same spin on the news each time?

Just because they don't agree with your view of the world doesn't make them dishonest or inaccurate.

Besides, what are the more reliable media channels? Fox News? Daily Mail? NY Post? I can assure you the words "journalistic standards" have never been uttered there.

I just find it amusing that people who put down NYT or WaPo for being biased have no qualms about watching only Fox News.

Mick

Someone isn't aware that NBC has edited tapes and employed some of the biggest and biased liars (not just Lyin' Brian). Over 90% of the Old Media self-identify as liberals, and wouldn't be caught dead doing investigative reporting on anyone other than a Republican, so give us a break with those "journalistic standards."

Oh, and who was it that rigged and blew up those GM trucks for a phony "news" story? Yup. Gotta love those journalistic standards.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:45 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Someone isn't aware that NBC has edited tapes and employed some of the biggest and biased liars (not just Lyin' Brian). Over 90% of the Old Media self-identify as liberals, and wouldn't be caught dead doing investigative reporting on anyone other than a Republican, so give us a break with those "journalistic standards."

Oh, and who was it that rigged and blew up those GM trucks for a phony "news" story? Yup. Gotta love those journalistic standards.
Some is better than none whatsoever, no?

Mick

Old 08-06-2015, 01:04 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Who's kidding who?

Clinton was probably hoping Melania would pick up the phone.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:52 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

Ross Perot is the only reason Bill Clinton was ever elected. He has never gained over 50% of the vote. The only way he can get Hillary elected is to split the GOP vote.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:59 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I don't care if Trump is a friend of Bill and Hillary. Bill was close to GHWBush as well. They golfed together many times.

I am sick of rubberstamped politicians and if Trump, being the business wizard he is, has a shot at the white house and can fix some of the issues...then let him. I like Ben Carson to. My family is lining up behind Sanders....I would rather have Biden than Sanders myself.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Ross Perot is the only reason Bill Clinton was ever elected. He has never gained over 50% of the vote. The only way he can get Hillary elected is to split the GOP vote.
Neither did the Republicans he ran against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections