Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 11:18 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

trump tries to explain again:

“If I had said that, it would have been inappropriate,” Trump said on “Today.” “I was going to say ears or nose, because that’s just a common statement — blood is pouring out of your ears.”

"my ears were bleeding" is a common statement when referring to something loud or undesirable. i cannot think of any "common statement" that's relevant to trump's situation. he's either completely oblivious or he's trying desperately to spin.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:22 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So you think Roger Ailes wants Trump so stay in the race and single handedly derail GOP 2016 chances at an election win? Or you don't think that Roger Ailes is a GOP operative running a "news" network? You believe all of those are just assertions with no basis in fact?
Conspiracy theories, eh?

I think all of that is without basis in fact and is pure fabricated leftist BS of the most laughable kind. These sorts or characterizations of Fox News by the left, including the leftist media, are absurd in the extreme and not truthful at all. I don't think Roger Ailes is directly involved in the specific questions asked to these candidates at all, nor does he want to be. That is just not what he does.

I think that Megyn Kelley asked Donald Trump a question about several crude and vile comments he had made about women over the years. A question that any Democratic opponent that he would have hypothetically faced in the general election would have asked repeatedly and positively torn him to shreds over. A question which he certainly would have been confronted with in other debate venues and in interviews in the months to come.

I think Megyn Kelley just asked the question first.

In other words, it was a reasonable question asked by Kelley, which Trump responded to very poorly indeed.

I think this is mostly about the left's never-ending vendetta against their arch enemy, Fox News. To a much lesser degree, I think it is also about some true Trump fans being deeply wounded by watching their hero melt down and self destruct when asked to explain some of his own comments during his first primary debate opportunity.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:28 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxtheRoadWarrior View Post
You know what we need to heal the caustic political and social divides plaguing us as a nation? Political extremism and intransigence.

I am far more interested in the candidates who are interested in REAL substantive national dialogue than the political grandstanders that have become the face of American political discourse. That is why it kills me that a candidate like Bernie Sanders is cast aside. Of course some of his views may be radical, but he is genuine and ostensibly well regarded by politicians in both ideological camps.

Sometimes I wish I lived in a hut in the middle of the woods to avoid the vitriol on the 24 hour news cycle. Trump is playing the American public like a fiddle and laughing his way to the proverbial bank.

oh good grief.

you fail to understand WHY the right is so riled up.

Progressive-Activists are now demanding everyone think and act AS THEY ARE TOLD.

if you don't do so, the Prog-Agressives will demand you be fired (CEO of Mozilla)
if you don't do so, the prog-agressives will seek to destroy your business (pizza people )
if you don't do so, the prog-agressives will take you livelihood, ruin you financially and then force you to SHUT UP and not talk about the devastation they caused (cake couple in OR).

These are real issues. They have really already happened in the United States and we are done. The reason Trump is getting support is some believe he will stand up to these thugs.

Bernie Sanders is nothing but a mouth piece for the thugery being perpetrated by the Prog-Activists. He is one with them.

Sanders is no mighty man of principle. He hates the constitution and what America is. He wants a new America where the state decides everything.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
What's going to happen is that Trump is going to continue to entertain, outrage and delight observers, until his exposure creates a sort of "Trump fatigue", when voters get tired of provocative remarks and start looking for a candidate who puts forward constructive, substantive proposals.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
It's funny how the die-hard FOX loyalists defend their network no matter what they do, and label anyone who disagrees as "leftists". The people who are most upset with FOX activism are right-wing Trumpers.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:39 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Default Nice try, but it isn't true. Trump still leads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is a great article at the Chicago Tribune. I am just quoting a few lines, but it is worth reading the whole thing. It is short.
I think this article is right on the money. Trump is done. He needs to take his five steps and that will be it. There is no recovery. He is finished. We are just waiting to see him keel over, politically speaking.

Bye bye, Donald. We hardly knew you.
I don't know what you're reading, but in the latest polls, Trump still leads. He has actually gained since the debate and even after his so-called "attack" on Megyn Kelly. Kelly and Fox have been under fire for their poor performance and stupid questions in the debate.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Really. Megyn Kelly showed that she is a tabloid reporter. She lost many people who used to be fans.
Count me as one, and you are so right. I read my FB page, where virtually all of my FB friends are Republican conservatives, and they are thoroughly disgusted with Megyn Kelly and the way that whole "show" went. Even if they are not Trump supporters, they have blasted Kelly for that personal attack that was her very first question.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:43 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Well, you can't argue that Fox and Kelly were out to get Trump. Just the same, it might be a good thing-get rid of the clown now and move on to candidates that actually have some ideas and a chance in the general election.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:43 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't know what you're reading, but in the latest polls, Trump still leads. He has actually gained since the debate and even after his so-called "attack" on Megyn Kelly. Kelly and Fox have been under fire for their poor performance and stupid questions in the debate.
You mean the NBC online spap poll? LOL. The one with Ted Cruz second and Ben Carson third? That one?

I am not even entirely sure what that was supposed to be a poll of.

In any case, give it a week or 10 days. This is politics, not a turnover at a basketball game. These things take a little time to work their way through the process.

And the polls to watch are the overall polls for the Republican nomination, not some online snap poll for the debate.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
In all likelihood, she gained at least 10 times as many new fans as however many she may have lost, which I suspect in fact was not very many.
I doubt if she gained any at all. I have read the Tweets to her Twitter account, and the comments on her FB page. Not pretty. I have read zero comments supporting what she did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections