Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 04:01 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,111,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Many don't care for him. They simply dislike who he is bucking or the idea of another Bush as president even less.
Most people don't like him because he's a bloviating egotistical moron.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:05 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,279,892 times
Paddy Chayefsky is celebrating from the grave!

Old 08-10-2015, 04:11 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,326,842 times
hillary slams trump:

Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump Remarks 'Overboard, Offensive, Outrageous'

which, i assume, would make hillary's detractors have more support for trump which in turn would move him closer to the GOP nomination which is exactly what the clintons want.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:11 PM

37,942 posts, read 17,717,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is a great article at the Chicago Tribune. I am just quoting a few lines, but it is worth reading the whole thing. It is short.
I think this article is right on the money. Trump is done. He needs to take his five steps and that will be it. There is no recovery. He is finished. We are just waiting to see him keel over, politically speaking.

Bye bye, Donald. We hardly knew you.
Is that why he's getting stronger in the polls? But it's over because someone said right?
I'm not voting for Trump but I'll always support the truth.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:15 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,441,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Is that why he's getting stronger in the polls? But it's over because someone said right?
I'm not voting for Trump but I'll always support the truth.
What polls? The online snap polls like the one at Brietbart (who Trump supposedly has a contract with) that has been mentioned repeatedly over the last 6 pages or so of this thread? Really?

Old 08-10-2015, 04:18 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,819,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The problem is that she didn't challenge other candidates the way she challenged Trump.

For example, she didn't challenge Rubio on his full-of-loopholes "gang of eight" comprehensive immigration bill.

She, Brett Baier and Chris Wallace had clearly been given orders by Fox and the RNC to "take out Trump."

By the way, I am no liberal or lefty, but I do support Trump for now.

The mainstream Republicans ("Open Borders" Bush, Perry, Rubio) are no better than the Democrats. Worse, actually, because they are supposed to be better but they're not.

If real conservatives like Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum and Walker start getting major support (including from the RNC), I'll go for them.

But for now, Trump is the only game in town.
If you are waiting on the RNC, you are backing up. They want another moderate, so we can lose.

Ted Cruz raised Over $1 million in the 100 hours after the debate.

https://www.tedcruz.org/news/cruz-ca...lowing-debate/

He has raised more hard money than Jeb Bush.

You know what is so startling true? Cruz predicted that if we stood on principle and fought against the ACA we would win big in 2014. Well, Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Carley Fiorina, Rand Paul, etc. put out fear mongering interviews that we would lose. But, guess what, we didn't lose. He fought a Ten Commandments case in Texas on the same "principled" approach. But, the "moderate" candidate is still on their tongues even though proving to be a false assumption.

Cruz is wise to go to the people. I like what I heard Mark Levin say about the Megyn Kelly debate - they blocked out Cruz for 40 minutes and then she, snidely, asks him a God question. Levin said if he was Cruz he would have said, "Where do you get these Jack*** questions? Ask me a real question!"

I am glad that Trump is hitting Megyn and Erick Erickson hard on their hypocritical hit job when they have their own skeletons - Megyn with her Howard Stern interview, Vanity Fair photos that she preened about on Fox News and Erik being interviewed by Lou Dobbs saying monkeys were smarter than women.

Fortunately, Ted Cruz stays above the fray sticking to political issues and not getting bogged down on the Trump issue like Rand Paul has done.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:19 PM

76,828 posts, read 47,136,257 times
I think everyone knows why FOX is not publishing any polls.....

Old 08-10-2015, 04:21 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,010,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump tries to explain again:

“If I had said that, it would have been inappropriate,” Trump said on “Today.” “I was going to say ears or nose, because that’s just a common statement — blood is pouring out of your ears.”

"my ears were bleeding" is a common statement when referring to something loud or undesirable. i cannot think of any "common statement" that's relevant to trump's situation. he's either completely oblivious or he's trying desperately to spin.
So, help me out here, is he now saying that even he realizes he was saying something loud or undesirable and it made her ears bleed?

There is no way he can spin that comment that I'll accept. But pretending he could, do we seriously want someone representing our nation who struggles so much expressing himself that he ends up having to explain and justify what he says the next day?
"Mr. Putin, you are nothing but a horse's #%*#."

"No, no, you are just twisting my words. I didn't mean to imply Mr. Putin was a fool. Everyone knows the back end of the horse is the hardest working part of the horse."
Please, someone, make this clown go away.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,441,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think everyone knows why FOX is not publishing any polls.....
Because they have not completed them yet?

Old 08-10-2015, 04:23 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,855,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Most people don't like him because he's a bloviating egotistical moron.
Seems more like him than any other candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections