Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 07:49 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

Is there a "spin" coming from Al Jezeera America? It seems to have a lot of good international stories - like hour long segments on non-political issues that don't appear to be promoting an agenda.

But how about when it comes to reporting on American politics? Anyone got info on Al Jezeera America? Are they slanting it a certain way?

I know the American version of AL Jazeera is different than the other versions and the station is newish (launched August 2013). They hired a lot of news people that were previously on other American networks. One of their slogans is "Fact Based News"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 08:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I watched Chris Wallace interview Bret Baier after the debate, and Baier stated, "We asked every question that we thought was important".

My question is, important to who?
Not one question, or mention of veterans, and the terrible treatment they are getting.
The only reason it was not brought up is because that particular subject is a win for Trump.
I don't believe the other candidates have even mention vets in their campaign.
"Fair and balanced, my ass.

Bob.
I think FOX quit using that slogan. Seems it was garnering way too much ridicule.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I watched Chris Wallace interview Bret Baier after the debate, and Baier stated, "We asked every question that we thought was important".

My question is, important to who?
Not one question, or mention of veterans, and the terrible treatment they are getting.
The only reason it was not brought up is because that particular subject is a win for Trump.
I don't believe the other candidates have even mention vets in their campaign.
"Fair and balanced, my ass.

Bob.
The questions don't matter. All Trump needs to do is call everyone names and his following will increase. Here's his campaign in a nutshell:

"A is a moron"
"B is a idiot"
"I don't like C"
"D is stupid"

He remind me of Beavis and Butthead.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:16 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Faux news is especially bad at throwing Obama under the bus constantly. Democrats on that station are just puppets. They know they're place and don't step on toes.
I did not realize that MSNBC (faux news) throws Obama under the bus. Maybe I should contact that station and tell them to stop it!
As for Fox News, do you actually watch that station? The Democrats on that station debate very intensely. The reason they may seem like "puppets" is because they are wrong so often!

Old 08-10-2015, 01:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Is there a "spin" coming from Al Jezeera America? It seems to have a lot of good international stories - like hour long segments on non-political issues that don't appear to be promoting an agenda.

But how about when it comes to reporting on American politics? Anyone got info on Al Jezeera America? Are they slanting it a certain way?

I know the American version of AL Jazeera is different than the other versions and the station is newish (launched August 2013). They hired a lot of news people that were previously on other American networks. One of their slogans is "Fact Based News"
I watched some of it when my parents had Direct, since getting cable again because both satellite companies are nuts, we don't get it through Cox as far as I know. I saw it mainly because they had the old CNN Money anchor that I liked, Ali Velshi. I don't exactly miss it with me not having it. It could be good but don't have the penetration to really be good. Plus then you add in the fact that Fox, CNN and MSNBC ate political news similar to ESPN owning most of the sports viewership squashing CBS, NBC and FOX Sports networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections