Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 11:30 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times

Advertisements

I think the Republican elites should hold a joint press conference and let the world know they are not going to stand for an out of control billionaire calling the shots in their party. The GOP stands for principles after all. It isn't about the ultra rich venting their unbridled greed and lust for power. Oh wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 11:31 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Trump will whine and whine and whine until they let him on stage.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:58 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump will whine and whine and whine until they let him on stage.
I am not so concerned about Mr. Trump's whining, actually I find it very entertaining.

However, I get worried that this man stays up until 3 a.m. tweeting about his frenemies. And we know those are his own tweets, not a staffers'. Do we need a President that stays up all night engaged in Twitter wars with Putin . . . . and Rosie O'Donnell or other nobodies?" He needs to just let it go . . . at least until the following morning.

Mick

Old 08-11-2015, 01:00 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am not so concerned about Mr. Trump's whining, actually I find it very entertaining.

However, I get worried that this man stays up until 3 a.m. tweeting about his frenemies. And we know those are his own tweets, not a staffers'. Do we need a President that stays up all night engaged in Twitter wars with Putin . . . . and Rosie O'Donnell or other nobodies?" He needs to just let it go . . . at least until the following morning.

Mick
The man is definitely unhinged and shouldn't be any where near the launch codes or the red phone of the presidency. His skin isn't even as thick as tissue paper. Can you imagine him putting up with all the insults the Obama family has let slide off their backs? Trump couldn't do it.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:25 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miserable at work View Post
I read that the Republican Establishment may try to ban Donald Trump from participating in future debates and even keep him off the ballot in some states. They are nervous he is going to win the Republican Nomination because voters like him. But the Republican Party, media elites and donors don't want him and will stop at nothing to stop him.

If you hate Trump, would you support this as a way to keep him from being the nominee of the Republican Party?
You may have read that they are going to ask him to sign a pledge not to go third party and to support the Republican nominee if he doesn't win. They should have asked all the candidates for that anyway. If he refuses to take the pledge, then he would not be able to participate in the debates.

As far as the Republican party just indiscriminately trying to exclude him or keep him off the state ballots, I do not believe you read any such thing. If you did, please post a link so we can all read it.

To answer your question, I do not regard Trump as a serious candidate, but neither I nor anyone that I either know or have even heard of has proposed banning him from any of these things, unless he refuses to sign a pledge agreeing to support the Republican nominee and not to go third party. Which it is my understanding he is very likely to sign before the CNN debate on September 16th.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:29 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
The question is, how is a "non-serious" candidate still leading the polls despite a heavily organized attempt to bring him down over the past month? Perhaps people are getting sick and tired of listening to emasculated cuckservatives rattle on and on about how we shouldn't stand on principle or offend anyone.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
The question is, how is a "non-serious" candidate still leading the polls despite a heavily organized attempt to bring him down over the past month? Perhaps people are getting sick and tired of listening to emasculated cuckservatives rattle on and on about how we shouldn't stand on principle or offend anyone.
Right. Because Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee, for example, are so mealy-mouthed and afraid to take a stand.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:48 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Right. Because Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee, for example, are so mealy-mouthed and afraid to take a stand.
Huckabee??? Ted Cruz is alright, but Huckabee? Huckabee is establishment to the core. The only issue he seemingly will take a stand on is Israel. That is because he, like most of the GOP establishment, is an Israel-firster who will stand up for Israel before he would dream of doing anything so "racist" for America.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:54 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Huckabee??? Ted Cruz is alright, but Huckabee? Huckabee is establishment to the core. The only issue he seemingly will take a stand on is Israel. That is because he, like most of the GOP establishment, is an Israel-firster who will stand up for Israel before he would dream of doing anything so "racist" for America.
Huckabee has not been shy about issues like abortion or gay marriage.

Obviously, he doesn't meet your standards on the issues you care about, but to say that he is unwilling to take a minority stand is, shall we say, oblivious.

I'm a liberal, and I have no doubt whatever about how he would feel about me.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:09 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
i encourage Trump to speak as often as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections