Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 01:21 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times

Advertisements

I think this is a very good site for Bernie Sanders:

Where does Bernie Sanders stand on the issues?

I have yet to see a candidate having such a clear and in-depth site on the issues.

I would be happily surprised if Trump get something similar for his campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 01:24 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I think this is a very good site for Bernie Sanders:

Where does Bernie Sanders stand on the issues?

I have yet to see a candidate having such a clear and in-depth site on the issues.

I would be happily surprised if Trump get something similar for his campaign.
Very thorough!

Old 08-13-2015, 02:42 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,891,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Yeah, but he's good at it, isn't he? He's got every issue covered from every angle.
I'd hardly say he has got all the issues "covered" seeing as he's yet to prescribe substantive, detailed solutions to the problems he's outlined.

He's good at pointing out the issues and getting people fired up about them, that's about it. Which would in turn be a good thing if he steps aside and let's a real candidate make the run, but he's all ego, so I don't see him doing that.

I think he's the kind of guy that would run as an independent for spite if he doesn't wind up with the nomination. If he can't run as a Republican in the general, he'll make sure he keeps his name out there, the cost it would have to the party and ultimately the country, be damned.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'd hardly say he has got all the issues "covered" seeing as he's yet to prescribe substantive, detailed solutions to the problems he's outlined.

He's good at pointing out the issues and getting people fired up about them, that's about it. Which would in turn be a good thing if he steps aside and let's a real candidate make the run, but he's all ego, so I don't see him doing that.

I think he's the kind of guy that would run as an independent for spite if he doesn't wind up with the nomination. If he can't run as a Republican in the general, he'll make sure he keeps his name out there, the cost it would have to the party and ultimately the country, be damned.
I think you're right. The guy that just quit his campaign (Roger Stone?) can't remember his name. Anyhoo, he said he thought Donald could do the job BUT that his meglomania and his 'peevishness' are his greatest downfalls. (Think twitter war over Megyn Kelly)

So, yes, I could see him doing that for spite.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
He can't put his stand on issues on his website because he makes them up on the fly and they are subject change with the wind. He's a Cult of Personality and not actual substance.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:25 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,966,446 times
I think he will hold his agenda for as long as he can. If his numbers drop then he will come up with something. Like someone else said he wants to please everyone, the conservatives, the tea party, moderates, probably even democrats. He doesn't sound consistent, he's wishy washy on many issues. All he wants to do is win.

The only promises he has made are quite unreaslic. He is not gonna build no wall or make China do anything.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:56 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
The main problem is he hasn't said anything about Citizens United and campaign finance reform as far as I know. Legalized bribery means buying the government and further favors to increase the wealth of the richest.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:42 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The main problem is he hasn't said anything about Citizens United and campaign finance reform as far as I know. Legalized bribery means buying the government and further favors to increase the wealth of the richest.
None of the GOP candidates have mentioned the Citizens United decision. At least Trump brought the political system to attention. At least he didn't go to the Koch Brothers in hopes to get a taste of their milk. Even Cruz went to Koch Brothers in hopes for their money.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:17 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I love that Trump has brought a lot of awareness on key issues. Even if you don't agree with anything he says, he has been a gift to politics in my opinion anyways. Mark Cuban mentioned this as well. It's nice to see the political establishment shaken up.

Anyways, it raises a big red flag that Donald Trump doesn't have an issues section on his website. All politicians have an issues section where you can see their position on key issues and also their plans on what they will do (claim they will do) to bring change.

Do we think we will ever see an issues section where we can ready details about each of his positions on key issues?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com
Issues, position papers, 12 point plans. We have seen them all. If the candidate doesn’t have a vision or doesn’t believe in what he says none of those matters. Romney had an “issues” section, Where did it get him? If somebody says I want the Keystone pipleline built I am not going to ask him where he is getting the pipes from, who the welders are and how he is going to cross the rivers. He will have it built. End of story. Those who are in this business will figure it out. Besides, in the Hannity interview he said more than all 16 others combined.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:21 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times
Because Mr. Trump's college and high school interns don't get back until after Labor Day.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections