Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 01:08 AM

24,402 posts, read 26,946,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
That isn't what I said at all.

Cruz is perfectly capable of telling the truth without being a jerk about it.

Being petty doesn't somehow make someone more honest and honorable.

As for your claim about hiding what goes on in Washington... that's just plain silly. Cruz is the only one out of all the candidates that has consistently stood up to Washington.

It sounds to me like you're just not very informed when it comes to Cruz. Therefore, the arguments you make are not from a place of knowledge.

But what really gets me is that these negatives that you wrongly try to stick to Cruz are things that Trump is guilty of. Trump has been paying off politicians to do his bidding and hasn't said a word until running for President. And what has he even really said? Do you really think that the only favor that he asked of Hillary was to attend his wedding?
Cruz is owned by his donors, while Trump is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 AM

624 posts, read 379,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Cruz is owned by his donors, while Trump is not.
And your evidence is?

Cruz has been consistent throughout his career. People donate to him because of what he stands for.

I notice that you never seem to address any of the integrity issues with Trump, which has a lot more evidence than what you're trying to claim against Cruz.

Are you being consistent?

Old 08-12-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
And your evidence is?

Cruz has been consistent throughout his career. People donate to him because of what he stands for.

I notice that you never seem to address any of the integrity issues with Trump, which has a lot more evidence than what you're trying to claim against Cruz.

Are you being consistent?

OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics -- See Who's Giving & Who's Getting

Compare Cruz to Trump. Cruz is just a puppet.

I don't find any problems with Trump's integrity. He is an honest person that doesn't put a politicians face on whenever he talks to the media. It's quite refreshing.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:31 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:

I don't find any problems with Trump's integrity. He is an honest person that doesn't put a politicians face on whenever he talks to the media. It's quite refreshing.
I just watched the interview. It is quite possible that Trump could be the nominee. He was good.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:34 AM

Quote:

You've done nothing but show that people who are not billionaires do accept campaign contributions. You have utterly failed in showing any evidence that contributions resulted in Cruz doing anything that was different than what his core principles already were.

Instead, you are saying that Trump, a guy who has admitted to bribing lawmakers, has integrity.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:14 AM

Quote:
You've done nothing but show that people who are not billionaires do accept campaign contributions. You have utterly failed in showing any evidence that contributions resulted in Cruz doing anything that was different than what his core principles already were.

Instead, you are saying that Trump, a guy who has admitted to bribing lawmakers, has integrity.
Cruz is just another puppet who has no chance on winning, end of story.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Cruz is just another puppet who has no chance on winning, end of story.
I notice that you haven't been able to say anything of substance.

Are you one of those people that just vote based on hype or a cult of personality? I haven't seen you write anything substantive about Trump's positions and how they align with your own. But you're more than willing to make uninformed comments about other candidates that have more of a history of doing the things you claim to like in Trump.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:38 AM

Quote:
I notice that you haven't been able to say anything of substance.

Are you one of those people that just vote based on hype or a cult of personality? I haven't seen you write anything substantive about Trump's positions and how they align with your own. But you're more than willing to make uninformed comments about other candidates that have more of a history of doing the things you claim to like in Trump.
I strongly believe you are under the influence. There is no point in discussing this with you until you get some sleep perhaps.

He keeps defying everything we know about politics by continuing to gain support because people finally believe he is the kind of person that is willing to fight anyone, tooth and nail to get things done. These are some of the things I like so far...

1) Building an actual wall and making Mexico pay for it either willingly or through tariffs

2) Negotiating better trade deals around the world, Carl Icahn agreed to be a part of a Trump Administration

3) Continue funding planned parenthood if they stop performing abortion services

4) Ending health insurance companies monopolies by eliminating coverage borders

5) Replace Obamacare with health savings accounts

6) Stop giving money to countries without getting anything in return

7) Hitting ISIS where it hurts and then taking control of them (their oil fields)

Last edited by bmw335xi; 08-12-2015 at 02:50 AM..

Old 08-12-2015, 06:33 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
I strongly believe you are under the influence. There is no point in discussing this with you until you get some sleep perhaps.

He keeps defying everything we know about politics by continuing to gain support because people finally believe he is the kind of person that is willing to fight anyone, tooth and nail to get things done. These are some of the things I like so far...

1) Building an actual wall and making Mexico pay for it either willingly or through tariffs

2) Negotiating better trade deals around the world, Carl Icahn agreed to be a part of a Trump Administration

3) Continue funding planned parenthood if they stop performing abortion services

4) Ending health insurance companies monopolies by eliminating coverage borders

5) Replace Obamacare with health savings accounts

6) Stop giving money to countries without getting anything in return

7) Hitting ISIS where it hurts and then taking control of them (their oil fields)
I like Trump's position on the issues. Trump is a man with a vision. When he was working with his dad he looked across the river to Manhattan and eventually turned his vision into reality.
I prefer to support a man with a vision to a policy puppet with a bullet point presentation any day.

Bush gave a speech at the Reagan Library with his 5 steps plan on foreign policy and what a disaster that would be.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:55 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
The new tactic against Trump seems to be, the media digs up all of the old politicians to have the politicians say why politicians are best. The reason: Politicians know how to act with other politicians in Washington. I kid you not. Then when asked to name their favorites they name Bush and Rubio and instead of mentioning Rubio's total inexperience running anything, they euphemistically change inexperience to "fresh face" putting a positive spin on the negative.

Good review for Trump in Michigan:

"The audience inside the Birch Run Expo Center gave the billionaire a standing ovation. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump came to the home state of the auto industry and attacked Ford Motor Co. for building factories in Mexico. And the Michigan faithful in attendance sided with the bombastic mogul. “Ford is building a $2.5 billion plant in Mexico,” he roared to a packed auditorium in Birch Run, Michigan, and 2,000 voices responded with lusty boos. “I’ll actually give them a good idea. Why don’t we just let the illegals drive the cars and trucks right into our country?” The real estate developer and former reality TV star boasted that “President Trump” won’t let Ford move jobs to Mexico and will convince the automaker's chief executive officer, Mark Fields, to bring jobs back to the United States."

In Michigan, Donald Trump Takes Aim at Ford Motor Co. - Bloomberg Politics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections