Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 05:16 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Do we know this for sure? Yes, there are rare occasions when blacks are abused, but whites and other races are on rare occasions abused too. Was Michael Brown abused?
Eric Garner was. Yes blacks are treated differently in our justice system. I didn't say that others aren't treated wrongly also, just that blacks are at a higher rate.

Stop-and-Frisk Data | New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) - American Civil Liberties Union of New York State

Old 08-18-2015, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
Yes we are, but in order to gain more credibility, I feel it's necessary to be more inclusive. Otherwise, it becomes a conservative talikng point. Police reform is definitely needed, but all these activist need to focus on fixing problems in various communities. Once this is accomplished, I feel more people would realize the issue with the police instead of it being just "thugs" getting whats coming to them. Trust me, I'm one of the biggest critics of police you will ever find. When a cop is killed, I automatically assume he was dirty with bad karma.
My statement was that it happens at a higher rate. Not that it only happens to........

Old 08-18-2015, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Blacks commit much more violent crime than others as well. What about the lives of those who are hurt by Black criminals? Don't they matter?
Those who commit those acts aren't arrested and prosecuted? We just let them go?

Old 08-18-2015, 05:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Eric Garner was. Yes blacks are treated differently in our justice system. I didn't say that others aren't treated wrongly also, just that blacks are at a higher rate.

Stop-and-Frisk Data | New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) - American Civil Liberties Union of New York State
All Eric Garner had to do was obey the commands by the police officers -- repeated umpteen times -- to put his hands behind his back and submit to arrest -- as is lawfully required of all citizens, white or black.

But no, he resisted, and then his terrible physical condition did the rest.

At the time, a black police officer was supervising the arrest, and the precinct captain in that area was black.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:25 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont understand this thread.

If this had been Democrats ripping up the signs of Conservatives, we would see multiple post about wanted them arrested for destruction of property and assault.
Conservatives don't try to disrupt liberal rallies.

They have better things to do.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
All Eric Garner had to do was obey the commands by the police officers -- repeated umpteen times -- to put his hands behind his back and submit to arrest -- as is lawfully required of all citizens, white or black.
You are making my point for me, thanks. He was doing nothing wrong when they decided to arrest him.

Quote:
But no, he resisted, and then his terrible physical condition did the rest.

At the time, a black police officer was supervising the arrest, and the precinct captain in that area was black.
So? That changes nothing.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:12 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
So, I see at the bottom of the professionally made signs in the photos, Americans United For Change.

"Americans United for Change is a liberal group whose message closely mirrors that of the Obama White House. A leading advocate of the economic stimulus package in 2009, and the health care law the following year, Americans United for Change sprang from the ashes of Americans United to Protect Social Security — a labor-funded liberal group formed in 2005 to oppose then-President George W. Bush’s Social Security proposal. The group changed its name in 2006. Brad Woodhouse, a veteran Democratic operative, is the group’s president. This is his second stint with Americans United. Woodhouse served as the group’s president from March 2007 to February 2009 before taking a leave of absence to work as a senior adviser to the Democratic National Committee. He returned as president of Americans United in July 2013. The current executive director of Americans United is Caren Benjamin, a former aide to Rep. Nancy Pelosi.

Americans United for Change

Old 08-18-2015, 12:22 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, I see at the bottom of the professionally made signs in the photos, Americans United For Change.

"Americans United for Change is a liberal group whose message closely mirrors that of the Obama White House. A leading advocate of the economic stimulus package in 2009, and the health care law the following year, Americans United for Change sprang from the ashes of Americans United to Protect Social Security — a labor-funded liberal group formed in 2005 to oppose then-President George W. Bush’s Social Security proposal. The group changed its name in 2006. Brad Woodhouse, a veteran Democratic operative, is the group’s president. This is his second stint with Americans United. Woodhouse served as the group’s president from March 2007 to February 2009 before taking a leave of absence to work as a senior adviser to the Democratic National Committee. He returned as president of Americans United in July 2013. The current executive director of Americans United is Caren Benjamin, a former aide to Rep. Nancy Pelosi.

Americans United for Change

Yes.

Good catch.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:38 PM

MUST-SEE: Black Woman Rips Council over Illegal Aliens

What she says at the end is relevant here.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:14 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,562,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

This doesn't prove anything. Young blacks are 5 times more likely to be killed by gun violence (overwhelming committed by young black males) than white males. The stop and frisk rates show roughly 5 times as many blacks as whites are "stopped and frisked" It seems this rate is right in line with the crime rates. Now if you want to say young black males don't really commit 5 times the violent/gun related crimes v. whites, and that these arrest rates are due to discrimination. I will disagree with you and you cannot prove it to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections