Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How can it be "they" in some instances but not others? Something like 95% of those stopped and frisked were doing absolutely nothing wrong. They were just the right stereotype.

Why shouldn't you be then lumped in with someone that one can place similarities to you?
Are you saying that you support the "lumping" together of all blacks for the actions of a few?

I have been stopped and frisked, did not mind because I had done nothing wrong and was allowed to go on my way.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
It is equally sad that anyone would defend the defiance of the law just because of race.
I support the rights of all. Racism is the fall back position of one left with no other argument.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
And of course, supplying proof of your opinions is out of the question, right?

Or are you afraid that proof might disprove your statement?
CPD stopped over 250,000 people

Old 08-21-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
And were they all black?

That is what you imply.

BTW, how many of these "oppressive" officers were black? Kind of skews your claim, doesn't it?

Last edited by Arjay51; 08-21-2015 at 02:44 PM..

Old 08-21-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I support the rights of all. Racism is the fall back position of one left with no other argument.
Which is of course why you use it.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
And were they all black?

That is what you imply.
I can see you have no desire to honestly discuss this. I guess we are done.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Are you saying that you support the "lumping" together of all blacks for the actions of a few?

I have been stopped and frisked, did not mind because I had done nothing wrong and was allowed to go on my way.
I've been stopped and frisked, too. Twice. Both times by a plain-clothes policeman, who might have been anyone.

In one case, the officer came up behind me and basically tackled me.

In the other, I saw him coming but didn't know who he was.

In the first instance, I was on my way to my mother's house in Pacific Heights in San Francisco to have dinner.

Apparently, there had been a burglary in the neighborhood and I loosely fit the description of the suspect.

In the second case, in San Diego, a prisoner had escaped from the court house and the cops were searching for him all over the city.

They stopped me even though I was easily six inches taller than he was.

In both cases, I cooperated, answered their questions, presented my ID, and was allowed to go on my way.

I am white, and in both cases I was well dressed, sober and in a good neighborhood.

But I still resent being SWW (Stopped While White) -- LOL.

How DARE they -- the peasants!

Old 08-22-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I've been stopped and frisked, too. Twice. Both times by a plain-clothes policeman, who might have been anyone.

In one case, the officer came up behind me and basically tackled me.

In the other, I saw him coming but didn't know who he was.

In the first instance, I was on my way to my mother's house in Pacific Heights in San Francisco to have dinner.

Apparently, there had been a burglary in the neighborhood and I loosely fit the description of the suspect.

In the second case, in San Diego, a prisoner had escaped from the court house and the cops were searching for him all over the city.

They stopped me even though I was easily six inches taller than he was.

In both cases, I cooperated, answered their questions, presented my ID, and was allowed to go on my way.

I am white, and in both cases I was well dressed, sober and in a good neighborhood.

But I still resent being SWW (Stopped While White) -- LOL.

How DARE they -- the peasants!
In both cases there was at least some sort of probable cause. They were specifically looking for someone. In the vast majority of stop and frisk cases they are not. The only reason the person is stopped is because they are assumed guilty of something. That's not how our country is supposed to work.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:43 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
The answer to these rude, ill-mannered attempts to bully these candidates is more and better security. If the crowd wants to help out with that effort, call it a service to the voluntary campaign speaker.

In any case, this is the way to handle these thugs. If they get their noses broken a few times and maybe a few broken ribs, hopefully that will help them to learn how to conduct themselves at these events better in the future, if they still have the desire to go.

These leftist thugs are totally out of line. The actions of the crowd towards them appears to be completely appropriate. People go to these events to hear the candidates and not some loudmouth selfish hecklers. This should be how hecklers are handled at these campaign rallys from now on. And that does not apply to just "Black Lives Matter," although it certainly does include them.

We see more and more of this kind of rude, thugish, bullying conduct from leftists all the time. It is time to push back and this is just one example of how.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I can see you have no desire to honestly discuss this. I guess we are done.

I can see that you have no actual facts to present or refuse to admit that you wrong. I will be pleased to not see your lies anymore.

BTW, on this subject you should not use terms you don't understand - honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections