Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 02:36 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
At what point did I fabricate anything? His mother came to the United States with her family due to the economic hardships faced in their home country, just like so many others.

Trump wants to send people back that were even born here and are American citizens. How is that legal?

I don't have a vested interest in the immigration fight but I'm not angry about it either. I do find it telling that Trump never talks about the undocumented immigrants from other countries, only Mexico. Yet 30% of them come from other countries and they have overstayed their Visa.
He never talks about immigrants from Islamic countries - is it because he has investments in Dubai and Saudi Arabia? I wonder if his ire at Mexico has to do with getting burned in a real estate deal in Mexico - seems that the people he was dealing with were a great deal sharper than he was.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:40 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times
Quote:
At what point did I fabricate anything? His mother came to the United States with her family due to the economic hardships faced in their home country, just like so many others.

Trump wants to send people back that were even born here and are American citizens. How is that legal?

I don't have a vested interest in the immigration fight but I'm not angry about it either. I do find it telling that Trump never talks about the undocumented immigrants from other countries, only Mexico. Yet 30% of them come from other countries and they have overstayed their Visa.
Most are coming through the southern border but when he says illegals he means ALL of them.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:

Try again here: MOST countries DON'T offer birthright citizenship to kids born on their soil unless at least 1 parent's a citizen of that country. Most decent countries put a stop to birthright years ago; it's def time for the US and Canada to follow suit. Sheesh!

Mexico: MOST illegal aliens either are "Mexican" or at least snuck to the US going through Mexico so that country owns it.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:04 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Yep. But considering how recent Trump's family is, where do you draw the line? Cruz, Rubio, Jindal, where do you draw the line? And while the GOP is saying these poor people need to go home and find jobs there, so should Trump's mother and her family.

Hmmm, when did Trump's family sneak across the Border?
I'll bet they even stole SS #'s from hard working Americans but..........

.......they worked the jobs that no American would do, no, not one or so I've heard.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This is the Illegal Immigration Forum. I'm quite sure that Trump's people came here LEGALLY. Sheesh!

Your right, my ancestors and most of yours also, came as legal immigrants in those days. And they did not care how long a process it was, they would do anything to become an American Citizen.

They would never dream, of screwing the system, and coming here illegally. Difference between IMMIGRANT AN ILLEGAL LAW BREAKERS.

What is your point, I have Great Grandparents, Grandparents and a Dad who came to this Country legally, and waited out their turn and the process which took a while.

This is for the op because most of us know that in those days, people came to this Country legally and it was a long process.

Tell you this, they were probably more American then you, because they were Americans thru and thru, they love this Country, so much.

The difference between those who believe in right and legal versus wrong and law breakers.

There is quite a difference. What's your point.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your right, my ancestors and most of yours also, came as legal immigrants in those days. And they did not care how long a process it was, they would do anything to become an American Citizen.

They would never dream, of screwing the system, and coming here illegally. Difference between IMMIGRANT AN ILLEGAL LAW BREAKERS.

What is your point, I have Great Grandparents, Grandparents and a Dad who came to this Country legally, and waited out their turn and the process which took a while.

This is for the op because most of us know that in those days, people came to this Country legally and it was a long process.

Tell you this, they were probably more American then you, because they were Americans thru and thru, they love this Country, so much.

The difference between those who believe in right and legal versus wrong and law breakers.

There is quite a difference. What's your point.
Really?

Old 08-18-2015, 03:55 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Donald Trump's mother came from Scotland. His father's parents were from Germany.

Trump's Parents and Grandparents

His mother's family came to the US from Scotland for economic benefit.

Given the harsh economic realities of life in such isolated communities of subsistence farming and fishing, it is little wonder that numerous Lewismen (and women) emigrated as the land simply could not sustain the growing population. Clearly there was a better life for them in the new world.

https://www.scottishroots.com/people/donald.php
None of this is relevant to illegal immigration.

What's your point when it comes to posting this info about Trump's ancestry?

Old 08-18-2015, 04:17 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
He never talks about immigrants from Islamic countries - is it because he has investments in Dubai and Saudi Arabia? I wonder if his ire at Mexico has to do with getting burned in a real estate deal in Mexico - seems that the people he was dealing with were a great deal sharper than he was.
Here, this should help you understand: Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Quote:
Donald Trump's mother came from Scotland. His father's parents were from Germany.

Trump's Parents and Grandparents

His mother's family came to the US from Scotland for economic benefit.

Given the harsh economic realities of life in such isolated communities of subsistence farming and fishing, it is little wonder that numerous Lewismen (and women) emigrated as the land simply could not sustain the growing population. Clearly there was a better life for them in the new world.

https://www.scottishroots.com/people/donald.php
"Economic benefit"? Not welfare. As I said one time before "My ancestors came with their sleeves rolled up and ready to work not with their hands out for public assistance." They also didn't have babies to anchor themselves and get public assistance payments. My ancestors helped build the country and the illegals are destroying it.

Quote:
Yep. But considering how recent Trump's family is, where do you draw the line? Cruz, Rubio, Jindal, where do you draw the line? And while the GOP is saying these poor people need to go home and find jobs there, so should Trump's mother and her family.
You can't be serious, you just can't. OK, lets see if we can help you with a few questions: 1. Do you know the difference between the words "legal" and "illegal"? 2. Are you at all familiar with U S History and I am guessing from your comments that you are not? 3. Do you realize that everyone that crosses the border illegally is a criminal when they get to OUR side? You might do a little research on the history of the US. Also know that we don't like our own citizens that mooch off the system and commit crimes either so we are equal opportunity in that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I am an immigrant as well.

All Trump policies are common sense. There should be zero illegal immigration, and for legal immigration- the type and numbers allowed should be according to the best interest of US citizens already here.
Thank you for appreciating our system of government and policies. I have had a couple of physicians and a few friends and a couple of relatives that immigrated legally. I know it isn't easy, takes a long time, entails tons of paperwork and money. One friend from Korea said it took them 10 years to save the money they needed to come and they really worked to save that money. They were very hard working and an asset to our country and others like them should not have to wait because others step ahead of the line coming with their hands out.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:22 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I am an immigrant as well.

All Trump policies are common sense. There should be zero illegal immigration, and for legal immigration- the type and numbers allowed should be according to the best interest of US citizens already here.
I do believe in legal immigration but zero illegal immigration or anything close to it is pure fantasy outside of a totalitarian police state.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:28 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I do believe in legal immigration but zero illegal immigration or anything close to it is pure fantasy outside of a totalitarian police state.
Of course, the number of illegals won't ever reach zero. However, if the country gets tough on them making life so difficult, the vast majority will leave on their own accord. Would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or access unemployment benefits or any welfare programs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections