Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:19 PM

89 posts, read 110,702 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump is in the news every day and mentioned 100s a times on CNN. He gets a lot of publicity. But no one says anything good about him on TV or in main stream news papers or news sites. Every comment or story about Donald Trump from political talking heads, party leaders and main stream journalists is negative. They laugh at him, call him names, criticize his ideas, try to marginalize him and are generally dismissive. I have never seen a candidate with such negative press. Yes, he is getting lots of press, but it is all negative.

The other candidates have their supporters in the media and the elite members of their political party that support them with stories putting them in a good light. But no one of authority in the media says anything good about him. But his poll numbers keep going up. Amazing! This must frustrate the media and political leaders, who feel that they have influence in shaping public opinion, who hate Trump.

I am not a Donald Trump supporter but don't like the one sided coverage from the media about him.

I challenge everyone to find one news story in the mainstream media that puts Donald Trump and or his ideas in a good light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 12:29 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Morton View Post
I challenge everyone to find one news story in the mainstream media that puts Donald Trump and or his ideas in a good light.
So you are looking for mainstream media that supports mass deportations, sending US troops for long term occupation of Syrian and Iraqi oil fields piplines and ports, bombing Iran, and think that Heidi Klum is no longer a ten?

Old 08-19-2015, 12:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I read a story in the daily mail the other day that some Penthouse Pet said he was great in the sack. Does that count?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ne-spread.html

Old 08-19-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I read a story in the daily mail the other day that some playboy playmate said he was great in the sack. Does that count?
No, if she said otherwise he'd sue her ass off.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:36 PM

89 posts, read 110,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
So you are looking for mainstream media that supports mass deportations, sending US troops for long term occupation of Syrian and Iraqi oil fields piplines and ports, bombing Iran, and think that Heidi Klum is no longer a ten?
PLEASE, don't turn this into a debate about Donald Trump's personality or policy ideas. I don't support Donald Trump but he has lots of supporters in the general public but none of them seem to be in the main stream media or in powerful positions on the Internet news and political sites.

For example: CNN, FOXNEWS and MSNBC have these shows where journalists and others will sit around the table and discuss the political issues of the day and the elections and the candidates are a regular topic. EVERY SINGLE person sitting around the table (journalists, policy wonks, party leaders, business leaders and influential people) all speak negatively about Donald Trump. Why can't the media find articulate advocates for Donald Trump to mix things up?

Old 08-19-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Why can't the media find articulate advocates for Donald Trump to mix things up?
It's sad and telling that even FOX can't "find articulate advocates for Donald Trump". The only ones I've seen on TV are Trump executives.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:57 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
nope....!

Last edited by Chaffeetrekker; 08-19-2015 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: update thought

Old 08-19-2015, 01:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Donald Trump is in the news every day and mentioned 100s a times on CNN. He gets a lot of publicity. But no one says anything good about him on TV or in main stream news papers or news sites. Every comment or story about Donald Trump from political talking heads, party leaders and main stream journalists is negative. They laugh at him, call him names, criticize his ideas, try to marginalize him and are generally dismissive. I have never seen a candidate with such negative press. Yes, he is getting lots of press, but it is all negative.

The other candidates have their supporters in the media and the elite members of their political party that support them with stories putting them in a good light. But no one of authority in the media says anything good about him. But his poll numbers keep going up. Amazing! This must frustrate the media and political leaders, who feel that they have influence in shaping public opinion, who hate Trump.

I am not a Donald Trump supporter but don't like the one sided coverage from the media about him.

It used to bother me but now I watch them on TV to see their heads explode or to watch them spin the results for their guy. On Fox News, Dana Perino, George Will and Charles Krauthammer are the worst. I'd comment on Kelly but I don't watch her show that much because of other things I watch at 9:00P.

I made another post in a different thread about Harris Faulkner's Sunday Panel (7:00P On Fox News). Those guys, (Caddell, Schoen and LeBoutillier) have been critical about the pundits/panelists/strategists response to Trump as well as critical of the advisors to the other Republican candidates who they say can't seem to adapt their strategies to a changing electorate mindset.

This is just George Will quotes whose beef with Trump goes back to 2012:

"He’s a one-trick pony."
"Trump is a Democrat mole."
"He's A One Man Todd Aiken."
“Donald Trump is redundant evidence that if your net worth is high enough, your IQ can be very low and you can still intrude into American politics.”
“The cost of appearing with this bloviating ignoramus is obvious it seems to me.” (2012)
“In every town large enough to have two traffic lights there is a bar at the back of which sits the local Donald Trump, nursing his fifth beer and innumerable delusions.”
“Television, which has made Trump, will unmake him, turning his shtick into a transcontinental bore."
“Now, if he had a better quality mind it would be more interesting."

And that's not even his predictions. He's been so wrong on the 2016 race I'm starting to think Hillary Clinton actually has a chance to stay out of jail.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:53 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
WND likes him

Donald Trump: Simply unstoppable

Old 08-19-2015, 01:54 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Why can't the media find articulate advocates for Donald Trump ...
can you think of any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections