Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

(BTW, I don't include the OP in this commentary. It was a legitimate question, but unfortunately the tin foil crowd moves in and ignores question)
For a question to be legitimate it must be factual. As I point out above, it wasn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 11:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
For a question to be legitimate it must be factual. As I point out above, it wasn't.
That makes no sense. Question was.......
If Trump does eventually become the GOP nominee, will there be any candidates in the current Republican field who won't endorse him, or even give a speech at the RNC?

It's a very legitimate question as it has certainly happened before with both parties.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
That makes no sense. Question was.......
If Trump does eventually become the GOP nominee, will there be any candidates in the current Republican field who won't endorse him, or even give a speech at the RNC?

It's a very legitimate question as it has certainly happened before with both parties.
The question was based upon the idea that Trump wouldn't support the nominee if he didn't win.

He never said that.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:44 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
I think it highly unlikely Trump will not win the republican nomination, but if by chance he doesn't, he will run as an independent, and for the first time in history, we would have a president not tied to the predominant parties.
His message is clear, and too the point, and that message is resonating with a large segment of the democrats, as well as independents.

I stated in many other post, Donald Trump is not stupid, he knows exactly where he is in this campaign, and the option is there for him, and him only to decide his political affiliation.
That is a great position to be in, because he has a strong following, regardless of the party he chooses to represent.
Most have said if he chooses to run as an independent, he would be giving the election too the dems.
I don't believe that for one minute.
I see a landslide victory for Mr. Trump, regardless of what party he chooses to associate himself with.

History has shown that independents don't fare well in national elections, but the big difference in this election is, Donald Trump.
Unlike past elections, this one is not going to be about party affiliation, but rather the candidate him/her self,and the message they bring.
If he stays on track, the nomination, and presidency is his, and I seriously doubt many would argue that point.
The numbers are there, and time will be the best evidence.
At this point, the numbers say what I have been saying all along.
It is no longer a contest of party affiliation(and that is a good thing) but a strong candidate with strong policies to get this country back on track.

Bob.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:58 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
I don't know why it would matter if any of the others support him or not. People should be able to think for themselves and not have to listen to other political hacks that have done nothing.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:12 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Heading into the first debate, there was a lot of chatter about Trump's loyalty to the party with the question of contemplating a possible third-party run if he doesn't receive the nomination. Seemed like he has no problem refusing to support the Republicans should he lose, so here's something on the flip side which hasn't been discussed much...

If Trump does eventually become the GOP nominee, will there be any candidates in the current Republican field who won't endorse him, or even give a speech at the RNC? I know it's later on down the road, but as of right now I don't think I can envision a scenario with Rand or Jeb supporting him. But you never know, so who do you think won't dare to support him as the nominee?
Any skilled negotiator would not reveal their possible conclusion at the commencement of a negotiation....(debate)..

Old 08-21-2015, 12:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The question is how long they will let him live politically. Eventually they may have to choose between a third party run and a devastating defeat not only in the white house but the house and senate as well. At this point, they are just hoping he runs his course with the strategy to be to discredit him as a "true" conservative. The establishment owns the Republican media (they pay for the ads that keep them on the air). Sooner or later they turn the screws.

The dirt on Trump has been exposed and it didn't stick to the Teflon Don.

Now they are trying the set-up questions to manufacture their own dirt. That isn't seeming to work either.
The New Yorker puts them in their place, like any New Yorker would, every time so far.

The people will say if he lives politically, not the establishment, who are running out of the common ammo used to flush the weak and pennyless.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Any skilled negotiator would not reveal their possible conclusion at the commencement of a negotiation....(debate)..
It's odd how many will condemn Obama over what they see as being weak in negotiating with Iran but Trump took the absolute strongest position he could take at the beginning of the debate. People realized it and loved it.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:31 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
Quote:
Haha.

Fascinating how the responses evolve as Trump continues to gain popularity.

1. Doubters first said it was joke, 'couldn't possibly be in the race.
  2. Then - He will Drop out, won't last.
  3. Then - Nobody will take him seriously so no support
  4. Now - People support him, but the establishment will get rid of him OR all 16 candidates will tell supporters to vote for King Hillary instead.
The only constant? Lots of scared hard core Democrats & Republicans who are afraid their "career politician" won't win. These would be the people who focus on every conspiracy theory about Trump all while ignoring every single issue with the "career politician" they have already submitted to.

25% - 33% of the electorate is brain dead. These kinds of topics prove it.

(BTW, I don't include the OP in this commentary. It was a legitimate question, but unfortunately the tin foil crowd moves in and ignores question)
Why do you conservatives continue to delude yourselves that Democrats are the ones scared of Trump? They welcome him tearing the GOP into shreds more effectively than they ever could. Maybe explain why the DNC and Hillary are handling him with kid gloves while the Republicans (Jeb, Carly Fiorina, George Will, Bill O'Reilly, Charles Krauthammer etc) and FOX News are trying to tear him a new one. Donald has no friends within the party and the GOP may be known as the "stupid party" but they are smart enough to know Trump is unelectable.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:09 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Why do you conservatives continue to delude yourselves that Democrats are the ones scared of Trump? They welcome him tearing the GOP into shreds more effectively than they ever could. Maybe explain why the DNC and Hillary are handling him with kid gloves while the Republicans (Jeb, Carly Fiorina, George Will, Bill O'Reilly, Charles Krauthammer etc) and FOX News are trying to tear him a new one. Donald has no friends within the party and the GOP may be known as the "stupid party" but they are smart enough to know Trump is unelectable.
I would think that the Democrats are watching this and feeling lucky about how things are proceeding. Bush seemed like the best chance to beat Hillary, but he has become involved in a spitting contest with Trump and has hit a big bump in the road. Makes me think of the pie fight in the movie The Great Race; pies flying in all directions and no matter who you were, you did not come out clean. And with Trump around, the pies will keep hitting people.

Still a long ways to go, but it reminds me a bit of 2011/12; the candidates used the debates to tell everyone how Romney wasn't right for the country. Then when he got the nomination, they took a hose to him, cleaned him up and presented him as being right for the country. And were then were shocked that he didn't win the general election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections