Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 07:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I believe Trump has good reason to be Dubious of that Judge, who is of Mexican heritage ...i.e., decent.

Blood Is Thicker than water.

But, the Vile, vicious Media, etc. are beating this so insanely, Not sure Trump can Survive, politically, as the GOP Nominee...OR win the Presidency?!
Because his comments meet the very definition of racist.

Time for Trump to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 10:18 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
I believe Trump has good reason to be Dubious of that Judge, who is of Mexican heritage ...i.e., decent.

Blood Is Thicker than water.

But, the Vile, vicious Media, etc. are beating this so insanely, Not sure Trump can Survive, politically, as the GOP Nominee...OR win the Presidency?!
Well that's a new litmus test for judges, maybe judges if Italian decent should not be able to preside over mob trials.

So how far back do we have to go in this newly discovered screening process since this judge was born here, 2 generations, maybe 3. Pretty soon we will have every judge recused because of bloodlines.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:25 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
You can over do it...that's a fact. Listening to Trump last night, I starting cringing as Trump REALLY began to 'get on my nerves'...bragging, mocking other candidates, Ad nauseam YES, borderline 'sickening' ...obnoxious.

LOOK, GUARANTEE you, Trump is 'running off at the mouth TOO MUCH. He needs to STOP acting like a Spoiled brat kid.

Sorry, Trumpsters, but I KNOW what I'm saying Here, Now, is Spot-On.

Donald Trump can be Obnoxious. If he doesn't recognize that his Hubris can and WILL become a swift downfall....The Donald will fall. Trump IS his own worst enemy. Enough with the ''I'm so Great bit, Donald.''

Better learn when to Shut up!! Be more tactful. Or you will Turn-Off....what you 'Turned on.'

There are times, often, when Silence IS Golden, Mr. Trump.
Saying that "he's starting to blow it" implies to me that the election was his to lose. I don't think that was ever the case. He won the Republican nomination by winning overwhelming approval from a large subset of Republicans and Republican leaning Independents. These consisted primarily of non-college, rural white voters who feel threatened by a changing America. But he's shown no ability to broaden his appeal, and there's little indication that I see to indicate he could ever appeal to a majority of American voters. He is terribly unpopular among minority groups and college educated white women. They represented 47% of the total vote in 2012 and could easily account for 49%-50% of total vote in 2016. Lindsay Graham was correct. The GOP is running out of angry old white men. If you look at the 2012 race, 17% of total votes were cast by non-college white males, 17% by white college males, 19% by white non-college females, 19% by white college females and 28% by minorities. The minority vote is expected to rise in 2016 to 30% or 31% of total vote, with all of the loss coming from the white non-college grad vote. The total white male vote will only be a little more than 1 of 3 total votes cast. Unless Trump overwhelmingly wins non-college white women and college white men to go with the angry non-college male vote, he'll lose decisively.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 06-06-2016 at 10:47 AM..

Old 06-06-2016, 10:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Is Trump starting to Blow it? Becoming too overbearing, popping off TOO MUCH.

He can't help himself.

He's gonna get clobbered in November.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:55 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
I don't think there is anyone - pro or con Trump - that doesn't wish he would stop tweeting all the time.

I'd like for him to at least ACT like a President, and not a childish self-absorbed gossip hound. Let's see some class and decorum please. Have a news conference if you have something note-worthy to say, Donald. Unless, of course, you are trying to make sure NO ONE ever votes Republican again.

Maybe just get off Twitter and Facebook and do some of the things he said he was going to do would be nice? There are still plenty of un- and under-employed people out there.

P.S. I didn't necro. The topic was first in line on my sidebar.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:07 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I'm sure fewer people will be complaining starting in February when they notice fewer taxes taken out of their paychecks. Of course, Trump haters are welcome to donate their extra money to the Treasury to pay down our national debt if they are so concerned.

Yeah, that'll happen.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:50 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm sure fewer people will be complaining starting in February when they notice fewer taxes taken out of their paychecks. Of course, Trump haters are welcome to donate their extra money to the Treasury to pay down our national debt if they are so concerned.

Yeah, that'll happen.
Yeah. That will happen.
It s all going to be taken care of for us with in "the tax plan" .
Trump will eventually take back our temporary extra seven dollars and fifty cents a paycheck and transfer it to the wealthy , permanently.

THEN all us chumps for trump and our children can start paying down the debt.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:40 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I don't think there is anyone - pro or con Trump - that doesn't wish he would stop tweeting all the time.................
Actually, I like his tweets.
If not for Twitter, the media could manipulate the country any way they wanted.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:03 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Actually, I like his tweets.
If not for Twitter, the media could manipulate the country any way they wanted.
Interesting perspective. Has 'the media' gone somewhere simply because the Don hangs out Tweeting? And what is the subject matter of his tweets?

It's the same garbage in a different form of media, and manipulation is still available, just expanded to two venues, which I guess was inevitable given that the majority of our youth (people 35 and under) are walking around 'plugged into the matrix' all the time.

That said, I would imagine that the bulk of people that did vote for him are in the BOOMER population, and are getting their information from that traditional and suspect for manipulation media of which you speak. Tweeting all the time will not counteract any false information that population may be receiving.

The BOOMERs are still the largest voting population in the country. I could be proven wrong, but I don't think that will change dramatically in 3 more years.

I've just heard on the traditional media that some politician (Booker?) has called for the Don to step down from the presidency due to sexual assault allegations from his past. That's an interesting action coming from a group that was so forgiving of Bill Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal, where the man on the street could be heard saying, "Who cares?" Lol. Of course, anyone who could afford to throw a few dollars at the stock market loved the Clinton administration because they credited Clinton and Gore with prosperity. I'm not sure so much can be credited to Trump as of yet.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 12-17-2017 at 06:11 AM..

Old 12-17-2017, 09:50 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
l

Interesting perspective. Has 'the media' gone somewhere simply because the Don hangs out Tweeting? And what is the subject matter of his tweets?

It's the same garbage in a different form of media, and manipulation is still available, just expanded to two venues, which I guess was inevitable given that the majority of our youth (people 35 and under) are walking around 'plugged into the matrix' all the time.

That said, I would imagine that the bulk of people that did vote for him are in the BOOMER population, and are getting their information from that traditional and suspect for manipulation media of which you speak. Tweeting all the time will not counteract any false information that population may be receiving.........
I am a year or two older than a Boomer. Born in 1945.
I watch and read the media, but I also read what Trump says on my Twitter account.

I think the media is particularly successful with the younger crowd - the people with the least experience. My grandsons just finished college. Sometimes I listen to what they are saying - and I listen without comment - and I am just aghast at what they believe. Interestingly enough, they ALL believe the same thing!
Mind you, this is in Mississippi, where people are conservative, but nonetheless, the prevailing view coming out of college is the standard media driven liberal talking points. They think the most "unbiased" source of information is NPR.

It seems to me that Winston Churchill got it right when he intimated that young minds are idealistic and liberal and older minds are pragmatic and conservative. The media does what they can to change that, but the election of Trump shows they are not as successful as they would like to be.

I think Trump's tweeting DOES nullify abuse on the part of the media. The media would love for Trump to take some "high" road, but I don't see that happening. If it did it would clear the way for more of the "low" road taken by some reporters. i.e. Posting pictures of an empty arena and declaring that Trump had no audience.
Journalism has taken a fast track to suicide. Mature minds do not fully trust them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections