Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:16 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,451,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Trump is a disaster. He can't even keep his cool anymore with the press.
As if President Osissy is really making waves with the press, having to lock them out at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
I feel like Trump's down fall will be if he says something too un pc. I was very surprised that the Republican party didn't crucify Trump more for his comments about John Mccain. I thought for sure he was finished, but instead a lot of people actually defended Trump's comments and try to down play Mccain's suffering. One of my European friends mentioned how shocked she was that Trump was still leading in the polls after that comment considering how idolized the military is in the USA. She does't come from a militaristic country, but a politician publicly insulting a war veteran no matter how much of a jerk they are, is certain to destroy that particular politician's career.
If you say so. Like it or not, Americans, are tired of more PC bovine excrement. You're not tired of 25 or so years of gubmint goons and lawyers ruining everything? If you have a pulse, you should be.

As for McClown's suffering, maybe you should read up on him first. Anyone else who didn't have a dad who was an admiral would have been dishonorably discharged for killing others while on duty like he did. Anyway, point being, pops being high up helped his cause:

McCain’s own tale of his torture and the confession he recorded for the North Vietnamese comes largely from his book Faith of My Fathers, in which he describes his shame at cooperating with the enemy. But some of McCain’s fellow prisoners, who were tortured and did not collaborate, have challenged his narrative, expressing their belief that McCain was not physically abused at all and that he was well treated. Others who were also in the prison camp dispute that claim. But by McCain’s own account he may have begun cooperating with the North Vietnamese within three days of his capture and was fully on board within two weeks, providing specific intelligence on his aircraft carrier, its aircraft, and the support vessels attached to it, information that was later featured in North Vietnamese radio broadcasts. One account that appeared on a wire service entitled “PW Songbird is Pilot Son of Admiral” reported that McCain may have gone beyond an acceptable level of collaboration in assisting the psychological warfare offensives aimed at American servicemen: “The broadcast was beamed to American servicemen in South Vietnam as a part of a propaganda series attempting to counter charges by U.S. Defense Secretary Melvin Laird that American prisoners are being mistreated in North Vietnam.”

Pass this on to your Euro friend, too. Euros seem to be a bit light on calling a spade a spade, even while Muslims flood their shores waiting to impose their lifestyle on the natives. The fact that anyone even can muster an iota of opposition to Slovakia's policy tells me enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
If you hear his speeches he never offers any concrete solutions. He just badmouths everybody and their mothers and then he says "I'm gonna fix that" and most of the time he will keep his plans secret.

"you gotta trust me, (because) I'm rich and I know how to fix things" is how he answers most questions.
You act like this is new. Then again, maybe you're okay with another bunch of goon lawyers running the country into the ground. What kind of idiot is okay with that???

Besides, why do you care about him keeping mum on his plans? So everyone else can run off with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 11:16 PM

37,737 posts, read 40,783,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I think I've got Trump the man figured out. My big question in the future will be who he decides to surround himself with. Which financial advisors, policy advisors, military advisors, social policy advisors will be working with him? Those decisions will be important to me going forward. A leader doesn't need to know everything. But they need to have the ability to pick advisors wisely, need to have the ability to listen to those advisors, and need to be able to humbly absorb that advice before making decisions. Can he do all of that? I don't know yet.
Never saw a single episode of The Apprentice but I read this about one of the winners:

"According to Bill Rancic, Donald Trump was a truly wonderful mentor. The reality star recently dished on one of Trump’s most important lessons: 'If you want to be successful, you have to be a good conductor. The conductor can get all these expert musicians…to make great music. The conductor himself may not be an expert at playing each and every one of those instruments, but boy, when he gets them all together, they all make beautiful music.'”

Bill Rancic Dishes On The Lessons He's Learned From Donald Trump | Reality TV Magazine

So I looked to see if any other people on the show had something to say about him as in, when the camera is turned off do they not see him at all? Does he just turn it on for the camera and disappear? Is it all for show? I found this article:

"Fortune caught up with nearly all seven of the winners of the original program (it switched over to a celebrity-only program after season six) and quizzed them about Trump’s leadership and management style. Here’s what some of his former apprentices have been up to during the last few years and what they learned from Trump."

What 'The Apprentice' Winners Learned From Donald Trump - Fortune

I saw Trump being interviewed (seen so many can't remember which time) and he said he was thinking about bringing some of his female executives out on the campaign trail.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:57 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,660,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Never saw a single episode of The Apprentice but I read this about one of the winners:

"According to Bill Rancic, Donald Trump was a truly wonderful mentor.

[

Interesting: I wondered if/when you might post on this thread.
So, a little surprising, tho not Really.
Usually you stay on the subject matter of a Thread. NOT this time. Not any comment about the subject of the Thread. Instead of commenting on any of the subject, your take is in a Cheerleader mode for Trump. That does disappoint a bit.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:01 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,059,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Carson maybe? Seems to be a good man.
Jimmy Carter is a good man, too.

Mick

Old 08-21-2015, 12:11 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,381,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I beg to differ. His downfall will be if he says something too pc. But I am not concerned. After Chris Cuomo interview he was saying that Trumps has moderated and not as bombastic as before. That concerned me. Minutes later at the NH rally he was as outrageous as ever.
Yeah, Chris Cuomo is a tool like the rest of the way overpaid teleprompter monkeys out there who think their "opinion" is actually important.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:22 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,381,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Jimmy Carter is a good man, too.

Mick
Indeed. A relatively obscure, not Washington insider, not known nationally, Southern governor, who beat the boss oriented DNC nominating system to not only win the primary in 1976, but who also ousted the incumbent President he ran against. Establishment Democrats said he had no chance of winning the election and tried everything they could to oust him.

Yet he was elected and became the first Southerner to win the Presidency since the end of the Civil War. It was a remarkable feat.

Sounds very similar doesn't it?

------------------------

BTW, the "Carter Strategy" for winning the nomination, IS the strategy that every single winning politician has used in the primary system ever since.

You should attempt to learn a little about these people before you use them as a "dismissal" to a point made.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:13 AM

6,243 posts, read 5,031,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

"According to Bill Rancic, Donald Trump was a truly wonderful mentor. The reality star recently dished on one of Trump’s most important lessons: 'If you want to be successful, you have to be a good conductor. The conductor can get all these expert musicians…to make great music. The conductor himself may not be an expert at playing each and every one of those instruments, but boy, when he gets them all together, they all make beautiful music.'”

Bill Rancic Dishes On The Lessons He's Learned From Donald Trump | Reality TV Magazine

So I looked to see if any other people on the show had something to say about him as in, when the camera is turned off do they not see him at all? Does he just turn it on for the camera and disappear? Is it all for show? I found this article:

"Fortune caught up with nearly all seven of the winners of the original program (it switched over to a celebrity-only program after season six) and quizzed them about Trump’s leadership and management style. Here’s what some of his former apprentices have been up to during the last few years and what they learned from Trump."

What 'The Apprentice' Winners Learned From Donald Trump - Fortune

I saw Trump being interviewed (seen so many can't remember which time) and he said he was thinking about bringing some of his female executives out on the campaign trail.
Thanks for the link Laura. I've never watched The Apprentice either, and truthfully never really paid him much attention when he was being interviewed prior to announcing. It's only since he announced that he was running that I've paid close attention to him. He's an interesting character. Getting better as a political candidate over time IMO, without seemingly compromising on who he is as a person. A curious development in politics and no matter what happens he's been a game changer to politics in this country.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:18 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,727,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
If you say so. Like it or not, Americans, are tired of more PC bovine excrement. You're not tired of 25 or so years of gubmint goons and lawyers ruining everything? If you have a pulse, you should be.
Being non PC is fine so long as you don't cross the line and Trump has done that several times, enough to prove he isn't level headed enough to be president. As I said before, I highly doubt Trump will win because he p***ed off enough different demographics key to the Republican Party gaining the white house, namely the woman vote and the Latino vote. Winning the white male vote, will only get you so far, Romney found that out with winning the percentage larger than Reagan's. The fact is White America is smaller, not by a whole lot, but by enough to make a dent in the presidential elections. The midterms, they can still win as enough presidential voters don't show up for midterms, but presidentially, the Republicans need to change. Trump ain't going to do that even with his energized base. If it is Trump vs. Hillary, I might as well stay at home because neither person is right for the job. Hillary is inept and Trump is to vindictive. I would gladly write in Barry Sanders or Esteban Oliverez

Old 08-21-2015, 10:35 AM

68,276 posts, read 54,010,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
In a time where EVERY other politician is incapable or politically unwilling to talk about doing big stuff, it's refreshing to hear from someone with an actual track record of getting things done.

In a world of "It can't be done." it's refreshing to hear someone say "I'll do it!"

"Mexico won't pay to build a wall!" Wanna bet?

Refreshing?

We hear "I'll do ________" or I'll do _______" from every candidate during every election cycle and 'til they actually do as promised, as rare as that may be, all the blather is meaningless, including Donny's, just saying "I'll do ____" louder than anyone else doesn't give the speaker any more meaning.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:42 AM

16,563 posts, read 15,116,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As I said before, I highly doubt Trump will win because he p***ed off enough different demographics key to the Republican Party gaining the white house, namely the woman vote and the Latino vote.
This is the meme they create to make you surrender before you even begin to fight. It is called Psy Op. What Trump did was to allow for this meme to be tested and we found out it wasn't true. If he had folded we would be reminded endlessly that the reasons for Trump failure were because he insulted women and Hispanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections