Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:06 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,728,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Florida Gov. Charlie Crist plans to endorse John McCain for the GOP presidential nomination.
Crist is expected to back the Arizona senator at a dinner in St. Petersburg, Fla., Saturday evening ahead of the state’s competitive primary Tuesday, where McCain and Mitt Romney have been butting heads over everything from leadership credentials to their positions on the Iraq war.
“He’s a patriot, a true hero and the best person to lead this country,” Crist’s office said of McCain in a written statement.
But the endorsement would be a blow to Rudy Giuliani, who had recently met with Crist. Giuliani has swiftly dropped from first to third in the Florida polls, as he’s skipped other high-profile early primaries and caucuses.
You Decide 08! » Florida Gov. Crist to Endorse McCain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 06:52 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,650,300 times
What a disaster.

Crist is pandering to the illegals in Florida by endorsing McAmnesty.

I am going to make a call on something...................

The libs want McCain because he is very liberal on allot of issues, heck even some on this board are endorsing him only because of that, they know if Hillary or Obama dont win they can still get a lib type candidate with his pick.

Now, the reason the libs are for Mckennedy, mostly because of illegal immigration and his social welfare appeal.

So, here is my call. The libs have been doing nothing but whining about the Iraq War and we need to get out now. What they cannot see past there brain is the fact that he is for staying in Iraq for a long long time.

My call is that IF McCain gets the nomination and wins the Presidency, you will see these same looney heads do the same thing they have done to GW and railroad him because he is staying in Iraq. I can see this coming, watch them, if McCain wins the presidency, the next day the libs will no longer back him and go after him for his stance on the Iraq war.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,766,709 times
Isn't it great that McCain wants to WASTE money on the Iraqi war AND the social programs and illegal immigrants.... the WORSE of both the republican and democrat parties.... great another Great Spender... lets quadruple our debt to 40 trillion I mean, why not since every man, woman, and child already owes $30k why not quadruple it so that everyone owes $120k... makes sense doesn't it...

Old 01-27-2008, 01:40 AM

183 posts, read 860,127 times
Default Current GOP Governor vs predecessor

The current Governor of Florida endorses McCain and, behind the scenes, the former Governor of Florida, Jeb Bush, supports Romney.

Outlook bright for Romney in Sunshine State - BostonHerald.com
Jeb Bush lends Romney a hand - Dateline Florida

:

Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,865,603 times
crist supporting mccain is certainly not going to help mccain in florida. the first thing crist did when in office was restore voting rights to felons so i think we all know where he stands in this state, not to mention his lame insurance and property tax reform, and zero illegal immigration enforcement.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:19 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,681,469 times
This is huuuuuuuge! This should seal the deal for McCain. Crist is very popular and almost loved by people in Florida and his words are gold to a campagin!

Old 01-27-2008, 05:24 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,681,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
What a disaster.

Crist is pandering to the illegals in Florida by endorsing McAmnesty.

I am going to make a call on something...................

The libs want McCain because he is very liberal on allot of issues, heck even some on this board are endorsing him only because of that, they know if Hillary or Obama dont win they can still get a lib type candidate with his pick.

Now, the reason the libs are for Mckennedy, mostly because of illegal immigration and his social welfare appeal.

So, here is my call. The libs have been doing nothing but whining about the Iraq War and we need to get out now. What they cannot see past there brain is the fact that he is for staying in Iraq for a long long time.

My call is that IF McCain gets the nomination and wins the Presidency, you will see these same looney heads do the same thing they have done to GW and railroad him because he is staying in Iraq. I can see this coming, watch them, if McCain wins the presidency, the next day the libs will no longer back him and go after him for his stance on the Iraq war.
Half a pie is better than no pie. I do not agree with McCain on the war but he is going to have to get out of Iraq because the Congress- in an economic downturn and facing the possibility of millions of baby boomers retiring- is NOT going to continue to hand over $100 billion checks every 4 months to pay for it. So I am not worried about Iraq. We will be out of there soon enough whether Bush thinks so or not.
McCain however is right with lots of other issues including immigration, toture, tax cuts for the rich and political reform. And he has shown that he can play ball with Democrats. That is what we want.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:49 AM
LM1

833 posts, read 991,788 times
I don't envision McCain as being much of an "economy" president.
He'll do OK with foriegn policy, he'll probably be fairly middle-of-the-road on social issues (palatable to the center, but not the hardliners on either side of either party) but he'll more than likely be led around by his nose via "experts" on economic issues.
This is dangerous, as economists in the realm of politics tend to be theorists rather than actual market participants... theorists often make disastrous real-world decisions.

If you want to see a vibrant economy, talk to the guys on Wall Street, not a college classroom.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:54 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,728,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
crist supporting mccain is certainly not going to help mccain in florida. the first thing crist did when in office was restore voting rights to felons so i think we all know where he stands in this state, not to mention his lame insurance and property tax reform, and zero illegal immigration enforcement.
From what i've been reading , he is VERY popular in florida.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:14 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,776,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
From what i've been reading , he is VERY popular in florida.
Yes his approval rating is around 73%...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections