Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 05:00 PM

22,269 posts, read 11,763,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Hebert Hoover, again, because girls were girls and men were men, we didn't need no welfare state, and everybody pulled his weight. Those were the days.
Hahahah

Old 09-21-2015, 05:14 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,500,523 times
HRC--I think she is a safe choice to cement the Obama coalition and govern for the 21st century. She has more experience at the top of American politics than every other candidate combined, and she is starting to show a willingness to change her approach and perspective.

I simply don't think Sanders can win. Even if he could, I doubt his ability to manage a highly polarized political atmosphere from the top.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:31 PM

659 posts, read 309,890 times
"I simply don't think Sanders can win. Even if he could, I doubt his ability to manage a highly polarized political atmosphere from the top."

Tend to agree, but I'm not sure Biden might not be the answer for many on the fence between the other two, should he decide to run...

Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 AM

9,842 posts, read 7,576,679 times
Jim Webb he has the best ideals, experience, and realistic vision for this country. If one man can make a difference he can.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:56 AM

Jim Webb he has the best ideals, experience, and realistic vision for this country. If one man can make a difference he can. I love to see Elizabeth Warren, Condeleza Rice, or Kelly Ayotte.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:10 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,014,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Jim Webb he has the best ideals, experience, and realistic vision for this country. If one man can make a difference he can. I love to see Elizabeth Warren, Condeleza Rice, or Kelly Ayotte.

So in other words, you vote based on personality rather than policy positions?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So in other words, you vote based on personality rather than policy positions?
Just don't like any of the candidates views except Jim Webb. Probably be voting third. Like Rand Paul, but his stance on abortion is too aggresive.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:35 AM

33,462 posts, read 17,964,674 times
Fiorina is out after arguing with Trump about anchor babies.. if it is legal.. she said it is.. no fight in her!

Kasich is not a conservative , expanded medicaid. Will do nothing about gay marriage. Supports it..no fight in him.

Jeb will do nothing about illegals as his wife before he met her was a illegal border crosser.. her dad spoke of her living with him in CA, both illegal.. She married Bush and denounced her father for telling the truth and didn't speak to him for decades .

Cruz fights the establishment. Good man

Carson will not be politically correct and open minded on solutions. Good man

Trump.. if he waffles he loses. must stay strong . complex , see how it works out.

Jindal outspoken , tells it like it is.. a fighter too.

Huckabee speaks truth and good with words.

Christie wants to invest in college for illegals. not conservative
We shall see who is destroyed by the right and left.. long road ahead and a fight to the finish.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,716,899 times
I can tell you Bush, Carson, Clinton, Cruz, Fiorina, Graham, Huckabee, Jindal, Paul and Trump are not gonna be my pick. Bush isn't not because of policy besides his Planned Parenthood issues, but because he's a Bush and we've seen two fail. Carson is buffoon who only spouts off conservative talking points and ideas that are known to be wrong. Clinton, where do I start with her ineptitude? Cruz is a Christian conservative mascarading as a constitutional conservative. Fiorina while growing on me I don't like her HP track record. Graham isn't a serious candidate with any strong platform. Huckabee is too much of a bible thumper for my liking. Jindal's track record isn't that good now that I've heard it. Paul I liked this time last year but the more he has said I don't like and Christie burned him during the first debate. Trump, he is a headcase and not presidential nor electable at all.

Rubio is one I can't get a true handle on to know if I would or wouldn't vote for him.

The only candidates I know that I would vote for are Christie, Kasich or Sanders but most likely Sanders. Why, he has true solutions for the middle class who has been crushed by years of failed trickle-down economics, off-shoring, running lean, part-time, service economy and many other business ideas that our government has failed to work with to correct.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:24 PM

659 posts, read 309,890 times
"Carson is buffoon who only spouts off conservative talking points and ideas that are known to be wrong."

Agreed! This about the U.S. not electing a Muslim is unbelievable -- so stupid.

If we're talking "divisive," Carson makes Obama appear the great unifier!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections