Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 10:03 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,812,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is exactly why younger people are fleeing the GOP in droves. More and more Americans don't give a darn about religion and don't think that the Bible should dictate morality.

The sooner the GOP drops this religion crap the better.
In another thread you said you supported Jeb Bush, but if you look a little more closely at his time as the governor of Florida you will discover he, too, puts his personal religious beliefs above the law. He is not the moderate people think he is.

Basically, if you don't pander to the religious right you don't have a shot in today's GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 10:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,661,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I thought Huckabee was God's choice? Or was it Santorum?

And what about Rubio? I thought God spoke to him too.

God also chose Michelle Bachmann, Huckabee, Santorum, and Walker. Seems god dumps his chosen ones.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:09 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,360,522 times
Talking Rafael Cruz sez...

Quote:
Seriously. Ted Cruz: there is a ‘war on faith’ - The Washington Post

Ted Cruz says religious liberty is under attack!

I particularly like this part: "Here in Des Moines, the rally featured a performance by the Christian rock band the Newsboys. Attendees could pick up free American flags, coloring books titled "We "C" Ted Cruz for President" and a Ted Cruz pocket Constitution. A ministry handed out black rubber bracelets.

Everybody needs a Ted Cruz pocket Constitution.

Yessir!

Christians have got it tough in America these days.

Especially the whiny white ones.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:13 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,049,656 times
Quote:
Everybody needs a Ted Cruz pocket Constitution.
I gotta say that I have never encountered a person of average or better intelligence carrying a pocket constitution.

Mick

Old 08-30-2015, 12:51 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,384,494 times
Ah, yes... politicians invoking God to pander to religious nuts. It's like cookies and cream.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:44 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,059,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In another thread you said you supported Jeb Bush, but if you look a little more closely at his time as the governor of Florida you will discover he, too, puts his personal religious beliefs above the law. He is not the moderate people think he is.

Basically, if you don't pander to the religious right you don't have a shot in today's GOP.
I think that was just due to the Terri Schiavo case. I disagree with virtually all of the GOP candidates on at least a few issues ... but Bush, Christie, Pataki, and Kasich are probably the closest to where I stand.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:53 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,985,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Ah, yes... politicians invoking God to pander to religious nuts. It's like cookies and cream.
Or, like cheese and mice.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:49 PM

325 posts, read 253,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I gotta say that I have never encountered a person of average or better intelligence carrying a pocket constitution.

Mick
I do find it rather odd how so many people of limited intelligence have an odd religious veneration for a legal document (the US constitution) - yet consistently rail against the class of far more intelligent people who have made a career studying and applying the law of the same constitution. The modern right wing embraces intellectual ignorance almost by rule, and I understand simple minds are attracted to simplistic solutions, but seriously, there is a bit more to that great charter than literalist interpretations, AM radio analysis in 3-minutes spans, and Gadsen flag paraphernalia.

Ted Cruz is a very, very impressive manipulator of this - you simply could not find a more intelligent pied-piper to that odd section of Americans who, while idiotic, are strongly convicted in their idiocy. Sadly, this percentage of Americans will never really go above 20%, and carries the seeds of GOP doom in November.

I've said it before, I believe Ted Cruz is angling for an Supreme Court or Attorney General nod, and he has a coalition of the "rapture people" and the John Birch-afterbirth to use as a poker chip. The way things are going, however, I don't think he will be doing much negotiating in early 2017.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections