Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:07 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
As soon as he has to explain how he is going to translate his 'policies' into action, people (at least voters who vote on substance and not emotion) will understand that he doesn't have a clue. That is when he starts sounding like an amateur.

"He did not offer more specifics as to how undocumented workers would be removed from the country or how much the plan would cost...

It’s called management,” he said. “I’m going to get great people that know what they are doing...

...When asked by Stephanopoulos if he expected “neighbors to start turning in neighbors,” Trump replied “I don't know what's going to happen.”

Donald Trump Plans on Executing Immigration Plan Through 'Management

Trump Deflects Questions About High Cost of Mass Deportation Plan - Bloomberg Politics
Does it matter? Please tell us which Presidential candidate has EVER laid out specific plans and then made good on them once they were in office. They all lie and people are sick of the talk. Looking at the polls, its completely obvious people don't want another career politician in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 11:09 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
When two posters say the same thing at precisely 1:07pm, you know Trump phenomenon is for real.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:10 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
[quote=texan2yankee;40927528
I think the only thing that can stop Trump's march to the nomination at this point is Trump. Who would have thought it only three months ago? Certainly not me.[/QUOTE]

I agree and I'm certainly happy about it too.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:36 AM

1,664 posts, read 1,917,122 times
This female thinks Donald Trump is a hot-headed, arrogant, pompous a**, whom I would NOT want sitting anywhere near that "red button" in the Whitehouse.

I sure don't have the answer or formed an opinion yet, as which of the frying pans is better than the fire but, I do know Trump isn't one of them. He could take a flying leap off that ugly Trump Tower in Las Vegas and I would miss his idiot rhetoric like I'd miss a toothache at a turkey dinner.

Sorry to those who like Trump but IMO he has become a much bigger legend in his own mind than he deserves to be. I don't disagree with some of his opinions, but I do disagree with his approach to managing things. He would be too much of a danger to this country as a whole if he was sitting in the Oval Office.

With his money/influence and Sheldon Adelson's money & influence, I don't see Congress having much to say about anything, good or bad, if his Hairness would get elected------

JMO

Old 08-23-2015, 11:42 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Trump just broke through another “ceiling” the media keeps constructing for him. First it was a summer fling, then it was uneducated voters and finally it was the 25% ceiling that Trump could not break through. Well, he did.

Trump widens lead over U.S. Republican presidential field: Reuters poll

Old 08-23-2015, 12:28 PM

998 posts, read 665,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
This female thinks Donald Trump is a hot-headed, arrogant, pompous a**, whom I would NOT want sitting anywhere near that "red button" in the Whitehouse.

I sure don't have the answer or formed an opinion yet, as which of the frying pans is better than the fire but, I do know Trump isn't one of them. He could take a flying leap off that ugly Trump Tower in Las Vegas and I would miss his idiot rhetoric like I'd miss a toothache at a turkey dinner.

Sorry to those who like Trump but IMO he has become a much bigger legend in his own mind than he deserves to be. I don't disagree with some of his opinions, but I do disagree with his approach to managing things. He would be too much of a danger to this country as a whole if he was sitting in the Oval Office.

With his money/influence and Sheldon Adelson's money & influence, I don't see Congress having much to say about anything, good or bad, if his Hairness would get elected------

JMO
The danger is the current administration who just negotiated the worst deal in history with Iran, a country which routinely vows to destroy Israel and the US, and opened the path for them to become a nuclear power. We've essentially taken that "red button" and handed it to these maniacs!

We have idiot leaders making idiot deals. And our own borders; if we don't fix this country's immigration policy, in a few more decades there will be no more United States of America. It may exist in name, but it will be little more than a third world cesspool of crime and poverty.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:39 PM

998 posts, read 665,172 times
Here's what you liberals don't understand. Trump does not need to cross every "t" and dot every "i" in his immigration policies; he's given enough in his policy outlines to adequately articulate that he wants to fix the problem. And that's what people want. We want someone who is going to fight for this country and not another loser who is going to pay lip service and then sit back and be content with the status quo. If it wasn't for Trump, nobody would even be speaking about immigration now!

Please liberals, I know you want to all feel sanctimonious all the time which leads you to -- for some bizarre reason -- take satisfaction in seeing American culture being usurped by migrants who bring their third world dysfunction with them. But please, for the sake of your children or grandchildren, think about the future of this country and what we're going to leave them with!

Old 08-23-2015, 12:48 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
For my part, I can't in good conscious even consider voting for Hillary Clinton. I care too much for my country. I am not sold on Trump, but if the election were held tomorrow and these two were on the ballot, I would go with Trump, basically because I don't know of any real dirt on him, the way I do on the Clintons. A year from now will I be still considering Trump? We are a long way from an election and who knows what may transpire. I do know that I like that he has brought up immigration. It hasn't been truly addressed since Eisenhower and it needs to be. If he has done nothing else, he has brought this to the forefront and it is long past due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections