U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:02 AM

34,692 posts, read 33,704,884 times

Advertisements

Comparison of the audience Bush had in New Hampshire with the audience Trump had in New Hampshire:

Trump crowd: "Large and diverse crowd reflected Mr. Trump’s broad appeal among Republican voters — young and old, men and women, rich and poor."

Bush crowd: "Significantly smaller and less enthusiastic, they consisted mostly of senior citizens. In the college town of Keene, few, if any, young voters were among the less than 200 people who showed up to hear from the former Florida governor."

Donald Trump crowds reflect broad appeal; Jeb Bush draws mostly senior citizens - Washington Times

In all fairness to Bush, historically old people turn out to vote so if you have one middle aged or young person screaming for Trump at his meeting and one old person sitting like a lump at the Bush meeting, the lump is more likely to show up on their primary day and vote for you. But Bush is now attempting to sound Trump-like. I'm wondering if his big donors are pushing him. I'm thinking maybe Bush might lose some of that older demo in a General Election if Biden gets into the race. I think the older women like Biden.

The article says according to the CNN/ORC poll the Trump and Bush demographic numbers mimic the percentages they are getting overall and for Trump fans you might want to use this info below when you hear people spouting that only "uneducated rednecks" support Trump. Right now, that's just not true.

"The huge rallies for Mr. Trump confirm polling that shows his support is not limited to angry white men, as some of his detractors contend. He leads in the GOP race among men and women; wealthy and poor, college-educated and people who didn’t attend college; independents, moderates and conservatives; and urban, suburban and rural voters. Mr. Trump also led by similar margins for every demographic tested by the pollsters. He topped Mr. Bush among women 20 percent to 16 percent, among independents 22 percent to 12 percent and among conservatives 25 percent to 14 percent, according to the poll."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 07:04 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,318,821 times
The longer this goes on, the harder it is to imagine a scenario in which Trump ISN'T the GOP nominee.

Those against Trump are divided among the other 16 candidates. If Trump continues to hold a quarter of the GOP primary vote, the nomination will be his at the end of Super Tuesday.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:10 AM

5,186 posts, read 3,721,661 times
Bush is weak. He looks like he is being forced to run, but really doesn't want to be there. He would just be more of the same - gag.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The longer this goes on, the harder it is to imagine a scenario in which Trump ISN'T the GOP nominee.

Those against Trump are divided among the other 16 candidates. If Trump continues to hold a quarter of the GOP primary vote, the nomination will be his at the end of Super Tuesday.
Some state Republican parties are trying to keep him off their ballot. Virginia is one, I can't remember the others, unless they all swear to support the Republican candidate.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:31 AM

14,671 posts, read 9,728,745 times
Apparently, in 15 states they can keep Trump off the ballot with a stroke of a pen.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:37 AM

5,186 posts, read 3,721,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Some state Republican parties are trying to keep him off their ballot. Virginia is one, I can't remember the others, unless they all swear to support the Republican candidate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Apparently, in 15 states they can keep Trump off the ballot with a stroke of a pen.
Then he will run as an Independent and we're guaranteed to get 4 more years of a Democrat.

Trump is going to win the nomination, the rest of the group is lame by comparison. People want change and not another career politician.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:38 AM

35,271 posts, read 19,307,980 times
I figure the GOP is working overtime behind the scenes to find a way to dump Trump. It will be interesting to see how they accomplish it.

Meanwhile, Jeb looks pitifully inept.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
If the state Republican Party tries that will the voters rise up and toss them to the curb? If my state GOP party did that, I'd vote for every local sad sack Democrat for the next 10 years.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:34 AM

66,547 posts, read 33,820,661 times
Quote:

They did it to Ron Paul, so that progressive loser Mitt, would automatically be the guy.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:37 AM

66,547 posts, read 33,820,661 times
After losers like Clinton, Bush and Obama, I would actually vote for Trump, if he in fact got the GOP nomination.
Same for Ted Cruz.

Bush, Rubio, Christie and all the other big government, illegal alien lover progressives, would never get my vote. I'd stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or