Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
He was also one of the 5 candidates who flew to meet with the Koch brothers with their hands out. I don't trust Cruz to bring change. He has been in office for a decent amount of time and hasn't done enough. He said McConnell lied, but then when asked to confirm, he kind of dodged the question instead of saying, I said he lied and he did lie, which is one of the reasons why nothing has changed even though Republicans won two elections in a row.

Ok, I stayed up to watch the repeat of the Kelly show, and I have to disagree with your assessment of Cruz. She tried like the dickens to pin him down about deporting the children of illegals, however he is correct that it will take a series of steps to achieve that goal.
Cruz has risked his political career actually following through on what he ran on, and I admire him for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 11:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I can't believe how gullible some people are to believe trump can actually do even a tenth of what he says he is going to do. He talks fluff and people buy it because he tells them with every speech how "smart" and rich he is.
Well, he might unite Congress, against him.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:43 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Moot? Hardly. The truth hurts. Anybody who is impressed with Trump, is more delusional than the bunch who thought Dubya would make a fine president...twice.

This man gives press conference, and he sounds pathetic.
You voted for Obama and you have the nerve to use the word "delusional?"

Old 08-26-2015, 12:18 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
^^^^I guess the left is getting scared. The polls so far have been proven that RaymondChandlerlives is clearly wrong as far as the polls show up to date!
Sorry, laughing at your joke candidates =/= being scared of them. That goes for Palin, Bachmann, Cruz, and the "You're fired" guy.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:33 AM

337 posts, read 405,656 times
Looking at the WWE style clown circus we have right now, how I wish Obama could run for a third term.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:44 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Sorry, laughing at your joke candidates =/= being scared of them. That goes for Palin, Bachmann, Cruz, and the "You're fired" guy.

I'm sure your laughter is fine with Trump supporters.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Comparing Trump to Ghandi now?

Trump created a monster with his anti-Mexican rhetoric; right-wingers have taken delusion to insane levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
If Trump manages to do 1/10 of what he says he will do, that would be 100x more than what Obama did for us, which is absolutely nothing. In fact, we have been in reverse for the last 8 years.
Your concept of "reverse" clearly differs from the rest of the world. If you want to see a nation in reverse, please refer to the years 2001-2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The hows of doing something is often trivial. The more difficult decision is the will do it. Once you decide that illegals must leave then reapply like everybody else, there are think tanks that will tell you how to do it. Faced with a lifetime of living “in the shadows” and the prospect of legal status, I am not sure families won’t take Trump up on his offer.
Not even close to being trivial. Closer to all-important. Trump's immigration plan isn't remotely feasible.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Comparing Trump to Ghandi now? .
Nope. I applied Ghandi's wisdom to this situation. He is right yet again.

As for the rest of your post, you have now moved to Step #3.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:08 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
Looking at the WWE style clown circus we have right now, how I wish Obama could run for a third term.
There is still a decent chance Biden will join the race which would be a continuation of Obama pretty much.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:58 AM

162 posts, read 348,874 times
I do like how he navigates around the reporters questions. You can tell the reporters are looking for dirt, or a slip up of some sort but he just breezes through them.

He decides when the question is answered, not the reporters. It's interesting.

Dude getting fired up wasn't doing anyone any favors.

Idk honestly, I'm in that camp that believes its not like things are gonna be any worse if he becomes president. I find that a lot of people say that he will ruin things, but what isn't ruined already? Should be a good show if he really shows his plans in the next month or so. That will be what makes or breaks him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections