Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:17 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
More desperate as the seconds tick away! Now you are reviving threads from August. Drink some warm milk; it will help you relax. There are things in this world you simply cannot change!
Sadly this type of "desperation" will only increase up to election day.

Us on the other side has had to endure from politicians that don't serve us at all over many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Everyone wants to talk about costs:

The money being sent out of the US by illegals: Illegal immigrants send home $50 billion annually but cost taxpayers more than $113 billion I think we need to start with that.

I am not sure how much can be sent out or if there is a limit. I knew someone from France and her grandmother left her money and she could only withdraw a certain amount per whatever to come out of the country into the US. Of course, it is always obvious that the US laws don't look after our people.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:58 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
There needs to be a fee placed on money sent out of the USA. I can go to any grocery store in Houston on a Friday afternoon and see a long line of folks sending money south.

If I wanted to go live in Mexico I would have to prove to them that my income was over 1000$ a month and that I could support myself.

The Donald is correct when he says we are doing stupid stuff. It has not been corrected through any majority in Congress or any POTUS.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:03 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ain't it the truth? As you said, they want to conjure up in everyone's mind going house to house handcuffing women and children with guns-ablazing tossing them into paddy wagons with just little air holes punched in them. Next they'll proclaim we will be sending them to the gas chambers. How many times has the word Nazism been used in regards to enforcing our immigration laws?

Yes, it is the American taxpayer/citizen that has had enough and rightly so!
They already are proclaiming that. How many posts do you see of people thinking Trump is going to start up concentration camps full of Hispanics and Muslims?

Personally, I don't care if he allows everyone who has been here for the past five years (or some other date certain, even if it's 2015), and only deports those who are actual criminals. Everyone who was here on such and such date gets to stay. And then secure the border! We are dangerously insecure right now, at exactly the wrong time in history to be that way.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
President Trump would never do that. He said Romney's self-deportation was "maniacal" and "crazy."

Mick
He sure has changed a LOT, hasn't it. Remember when he said Bill Clinton's affair with Monica was not worth talking about much less being impeached for? And when he was pro-choice? And when he thought Hillary did a great job as SOS?

Shoot. He must not have been running for anything then.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:46 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They already are proclaiming that. How many posts do you see of people thinking Trump is going to start up concentration camps full of Hispanics and Muslims?

Personally, I don't care if he allows everyone who has been here for the past five years (or some other date certain, even if it's 2015), and only deports those who are actual criminals. Everyone who was here on such and such date gets to stay. And then secure the border! We are dangerously insecure right now, at exactly the wrong time in history to be that way.

They are all criminals and they all need to leave. Working in this country with fake or stolen ID's is criminal. Being paid cash and not reporting income is criminal. They all live a life of lies, stealing and committing crimes to survive here. None of them deserve to stay here no matter how long they have managed to evade the law.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:15 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
If all these "undocumented workers" are such a boon, then their home countries--particularly Mexico--should be tanking without them, no? They should be implementing policies to lure their people back, rather than whining to the press that America is fascist and unfair for not having open borders.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:34 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He sure has changed a LOT, hasn't it. Remember when he said Bill Clinton's affair with Monica was not worth talking about much less being impeached for? And when he was pro-choice? And when he thought Hillary did a great job as SOS?

Shoot. He must not have been running for anything then.
Yes, he has changed some thoughts over the years but unlike the other candidates, it wasn't in just the last few months because someone slipped money in their pocket. That does make for a HUGE difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are all criminals and they all need to leave. Working in this country with fake or stolen ID's is criminal. Being paid cash and not reporting income is criminal. They all live a life of lies, stealing and committing crimes to survive here. None of them deserve to stay here no matter how long they have managed to evade the law.
Yes, criminals in our country are apprehended and action taken based on their crime. In order to be fair, if we allow these illegals to stay, we need to release ALL US citizen criminals that are not violent offenders. What is good for the goose............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
If all these "undocumented workers" are such a boon, then their home countries--particularly Mexico--should be tanking without them, no? They should be implementing policies to lure their people back, rather than whining to the press that America is fascist and unfair for not having open borders.
It's all those American dollars going into the hands of Mexico that they do not want to give up on. That is why Mexico produced that brochure: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/06/wo...n-us.html?_r=0

Let's make a brochure on how our citizens can go to Mexico illegally, load our prisoners on buses, release them and have them go into Mexico. It's called "fair exchange". I heard once from a couple friends that you do not want to end up in a Mexican prison. Guess that is why the child molesters in particular make there way to the US. Illegal Alien Rapists, Child Molesters Freed in U.S. Instead of Deported - Judicial Watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections