Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 10:13 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So what?

The so-called religious right will get in step behind anyone who pretends to be Christian. Just as they pretend to be.

Lolololol. Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 10:16 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Isn't that from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
yep.

altho i'm pretty sure it's in "volkswagen" as well ( or something pretty close ). it's been over 20years since i had the book. i remember the passage because at the moment of reading it i was in a complete panic meltdown.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:18 AM

25,565 posts, read 17,271,154 times
I don't care what is favorite book is; he doesn't care what mine is.

Frankly, I think Trump will die away as time passes and someone else will get the Republican nomination.
Then that someone will be asked what his favorite book is.................Hopefully, he will not say, "Bible".

C'mon! Favorite book? Bible?! Get real. It may be the most useful to some people. Maybe the one they read the most. But favorite? Like, they keep reading it wondering how it will end?!

You gotta wonder just how much reading these people do.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:31 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump panders to Christians - calls the Bible his favorite book - but refuses to name his favorite bible verses.

"I'm wondering what one or two of your favorite Bible verses are"

Trump: "Well, I wouldn't want to get into it because to me that's very personal."
"You know when I talk about the Bible it's very personal"

"There's no verse you that means a lot to you that you think about or cite?"

Trump: "The Bible means a lot to me but I don't want to get into specifics"

"Even to cite a verse you like?"

Trump: "No. I don't want to do that"

"Old Testament guy or New testament guy?"

Trump: "Probably equal"

Obama tries to pander to the blacks but does not know the difference between the characters on the "Jeffersons" and those on "Sanford and Son".

Old 08-28-2015, 10:58 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Obama tries to pander to the blacks but does not know the difference between the characters on the "Jeffersons" and those on "Sanford and Son".
He doesn't have to pander to the blacks - 93% of them voted for him.*

*However, that's is not different from 92% of Republicans and 93% of Democrats that voted for their own party's candidates in 2012.

Mick

Old 08-28-2015, 11:28 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That wasn't what I was responding too. You must not have read it. The claim was that Trump said he never sinned.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:33 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That wasn't what I was responding too. You must not have read it. The claim was that Trump said he never sinned.
Either:

1. He has never sinned and therefore never had to ask forgiveness; or
2. He has sinned but feels that he never had to ask for forgiveness (because he "made it right", whatever that means in this context).

I will leave it at that.

Mick

Old 08-28-2015, 11:50 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You can’t win. If you recite the Bible back to front you are a Jesus freak and if you don’t you are a non believer.
Here's how you win: Don't lie and say the Bible is your favorite book when it obviously isn't.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:56 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He's an intelligent man. The question was meant to trip him up and he answered it the smart way. He's not beholden to the liberal media or any base. Another answer would have made him look like a phony or a hypocrite just like the Republican establishments or evangelicals who aren't as smart as him and don't know how to play this extremely unfair media to their advantage.

Admit it, the question was meant to trip him up in some way. If it were an honest question, the media would be asking Ben Carson, I'm sure he has a few favorite verses and Biblical wisdom to share.

I thought you liberals like separation of church and state? This is what you would be screaming if he were a religious man who dragged his dogma into politics, but he didn't give you anything.
Only in right-wing echo chamber is "What's your favorite book?" a gotcha question.

Only in the right-wing echo chamber is Donald's response (naming a book he's never read) a smart way of answering.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:49 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Only in right-wing echo chamber is "What's your favorite book?" a gotcha question.

Only in the right-wing echo chamber is Donald's response (naming a book he's never read) a smart way of answering.
That is probably the only book that he could think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections