Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:48 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Eva Longoria Compares Donald Trump to Hitler - Breitbart

Not that many people care about her and we knew she was a huge Obama lover, but what is the difference between her statement and Curt Schilling although what Curt was stating was about a group of radicals who kill innocent people like Nazi's did with Jewish people like most of my family was killed during WWII and my mom who is a Holocaust survivor and lost both parents when she was very young due to the Hitler regime, she told many people she is getting the same feeling as a child and the fear while living in Europe right now!

Hopefully the producers will take in consideration the remarks Eva made and treat her like they would with anyone making such a bizarre and dumb and over the top remarks.

I wonder if Eva knows much about Hitler before she uttered the remark. Maybe she needs to go to school and be lectured about Hitler and what he did and than learn what Trump did in his life.

Making these stupid remarks makes her look like the dumbest person and sad for women to have her as a told model to maybe a few people who don't know history as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 05:34 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Not that many people care about her and we knew she was a huge Obama lover, but what is the difference between her statement and Curt Schilling although what Curt was stating was about a group of radicals who kill innocent people like Nazi's did with Jewish people like most of my family was killed during WWII and my mom who is a Holocaust survivor and lost both parents when she was very young due to the Hitler regime, she told many people she is getting the same feeling as a child and the fear while living in Europe right now!

Hopefully the producers will take in consideration the remarks Eva made and treat her like they would with anyone making such a bizarre and dumb and over the top remarks.

I wonder if Eva knows much about Hitler before she uttered the remark. Maybe she needs to go to school and be lectured about Hitler and what he did and than learn what Trump did in his life.

Making these stupid remarks makes her look like the dumbest person and sad for women to have her as a told model to maybe a few people who don't know history as well.

I couldn't read your link due to the pop-up. However, here is another:

Hispanic celebrities dump on Trump | Washington Examiner

If it is the same quote:

"What I think he doesn't understand and what people don't understand is words create emotional poison ... Hitler moved a nation with words, just words," she said at a luncheon in Los Angeles. "So you have to expect this backlash. If you say something like that, as he has said, you must expect a backlash."

Now, Rush Limbaugh likes to say that 'words have meaning'. Seems like this actress is saying the same thing. I don't see where she is likening Mr. Trump to Hitler, but pointing out that words have ramifications.

Is that how you see it?

Old 08-27-2015, 06:35 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
It's rhetoric to make it seem like she said something more than was there originally. I think the issue is Trump is do egotistical and looks at the polls and even complaining about the polls that didn't have him number 1, that he thinks he is Teflon. In the general election, he will lose due to enough apprehension to him should he actually get the nomination.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:37 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Obviously Eva doesn't appreciate that Trump has espoused many extremely liberal positions and probably should be running in the Democrat primary.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:49 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Sound to me like she was slipping Hitler in when talking about Trump and thought she was being clever which she wasn't.

To use the name Trump in any rambling combined with Hitler, to even hint any similarity, shows not only ignorance of Hitler but a disrespect for those whose lives were touched/ended by the reign of terror that Hitler brought.

Just another desperate and ignorant comment by someone whose opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:07 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Eva should not have invoked Hitler's name.

But her statement is far from comparing Trump to Hitler.

Mick

Old 08-27-2015, 07:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I wonder when she will use the word sexist and racist when she no longer gets a job and will blame it on her looks due to getting older which of course is a lie as Meryl Streep is still on the A list as she deserves.

Of course than she will pull the race card

Old 08-27-2015, 08:02 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
I once saw an interview with Eva Longoria where she said she never knew she was a victim of racism until she took a Chicano Studies class at the university (after she was famous). Of course she didn't know she was a victim, because she was never a victim! She grew up as a "minority" in San Antonio, where she's part of the majority. She got into acting and became a millionaire. It's a little hard for me to take someone seriously when they suddenly discover they're a victim after being allowed to become successful beyond most people's wildest dreams.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:58 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
I wonder when she will use the word sexist and racist when she no longer gets a job and will blame it on her looks due to getting older which of course is a lie as Meryl Streep is still on the A list as she deserves.

Of course than she will pull the race card
We do realize that this ignorant statement gets her media attention at a time when she is "aging out" of her profession. And, yes, Meryl Streep is a classic and Longoria never will be. I remember Longoria from a soap opera, The Young and The Restless, but haven't watched anything with her in since. Obviously, I'm not missing anything. I think I saw her advertised in one of those shows where women show their boobs to get an audience and I consider that an insult to women but I guess that is all some of them have going for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I once saw an interview with Eva Longoria where she said she never knew she was a victim of racism until she took a Chicano Studies class at the university (after she was famous). Of course she didn't know she was a victim, because she was never a victim! She grew up as a "minority" in San Antonio, where she's part of the majority. She got into acting and became a millionaire. It's a little hard for me to take someone seriously when they suddenly discover they're a victim after being allowed to become successful beyond most people's wildest dreams.
I doubt that a lot of Hispanics, especially illegals, can identify with her. Has she by chance reached out and took in some of the orphans coming into the country? It always shows one's sincerity when they do more than run their mouth.

I think she'll probably regret making the statement. Maybe in the future someone can feed her cue cards so she can keep her foot out of her mouth. Still mentioning Hitler and Trump in the same conversation shown stupidity and ignorance. She is getting press attention but I think the cost will bite her in her aging butt.

Again, desperation always brings out the worst in people.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:10 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Quote:

Gonna be tough for the producers to take their wrath out on Eva. She's the executive producer and creator of Devious Maids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections