Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 02:46 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

King Hillary seems right at home with this crowd in the Hamptons. The same crowd that continues to get insanely rich at the expense of everyone else.

EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton brings out the big name (and big money) donors as she attends TWO Hamptons fundraisers on Sunday | Daily Mail Online

The King Holding Court
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 03:39 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,931,947 times
Exactly, Tory Burch the clothing designer was one host. She sells hideous, overpriced bags and shoes starting price well over $200 or more. I'm so sure she understands the struggles of the working class & working poor!!! I love how all these uber rich "celebrities" support the liberals, ummm helllllooooo you are the friggin 1% that your party claims they are trying to take down. I guess behind the scenes they all know that's not really true or the donations would have stopped long ago.
Looks like the Americans are tricked again!!

Old 08-31-2015, 05:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Srsly? The current Repub frontrunner would be just as warm and fuzzy with the 1% crowd. Let's get real.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:03 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Srsly? The current Repub frontrunner would be just as warm and fuzzy with the 1% crowd. Let's get real.
I loathe Trump, but he is up front about being rich.

Hillary espouses faux populism.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:11 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
. . . . and all Queen Trump (see how asinine that is) has to do to have an intimate interaction with a 0.000001%'er is look in the mirror and play with himself.

It's curious that Mr. Trump's supporters all conveniently forget that he is a 0.000001%'er. He is no different than the Kochs, Waltons, Buffet, Soros, Gates, etc. His supporters have deluded themselves into believing that a purported $10 billion man is just like them. Unfortunately, he does not wish to be lumped in with his supporters in real life. Trust me. But I like Mr. Trump nonetheless.

I am sure Hillary is no better, just on a lower scale of wealth.

Mick

Last edited by MTQ3000; 08-31-2015 at 06:19 AM..

Old 08-31-2015, 06:20 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
. . . . and all Queen Trump (see how asinine that is) has to do to have an intimate interaction with a 0.000001%'er is look in the mirror and play with himself.
That's great. I think we need to start using that around this forum from now on.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:47 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Quote:
except he does not kiss their ass and beg for donations from them.

Big difference.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:00 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
That is why we need a man of the people who for 40 years has fought for the middle class of America. Someone like Bernie Sanders.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

The Donald doesn't even remotely try to hide his wealth. He isn't taking money for favors.
Hillary was broke when she left the whitehouse.... My ass.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:13 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
except he does not kiss their ass and beg for donations from them.

Big difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Donald doesn't even remotely try to hide his wealth. He isn't taking money for favors.
Hillary was broke when she left the whitehouse.... My ass.
Well, he has reversed his position and he is now accepting big and small donations.

Quote:
Donald Trump, who had originally planned to fund his presidential bid with his own money, is now accepting campaign donations.

When he announced his candidacy in June, Mr. Trump declared: "I'm using my own money. I'm not using the lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care. I'm really rich." He later pegged his net worth as greater than $10 billion, though credible outside estimates peg the figure at less than half that.

A spokeswoman said Mr. Trump is now accepting donations because his campaign was being inundated with five or ten-dollar donations from supporters who want to help. She said Mr. Trump's presidential run will be financed largely with his own funds.

Much of Mr. Trump's net worth is based on the value of real estate and licensing agreements. Lucrative as those holdings or agreements may be, they can be relatively illiquid, or hard to sell for cash quickly. A Bloomberg analysis estimated Mr. Trump has $70.5 million in liquid assets, suggesting that even a self-proclaimed really rich guy like The Donald may not have at his ready disposal the estimated $1.5 billion in cash necessary to finance a presidential run.
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...aign-donations

Mr. Trump is not taking money for favors? How do you know that, exactly? Because he said so?

I can assure you that wealthy people don't stop trying to amass wealth after they reach a certain point. They want more, because it is a way for them to keep score (and the higher the score, the better). If his liquid wealth is only about $70 million as stated above, I am sure he would welcome some more liquid cash. This is a gentleman who has publicly admitted bribing public officials; he has expectations from the other vantage point, I am sure.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections