Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 02:35 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,210 times

Advertisements

So, yesterday afternoon, I got a call.
It was somebody claiming to be a polster wanting to ask few questions about the coming election campaign. They asked if I was Republican, Democrat, or independent.
They then asked me, "If the republican primary was held today, who would I vote for nomination on the republican ticket and proceeded to list the choices. I said, "None of the above."
He said, sorry, but you must pick one.
So I selected Trump. He is by far the most interesting and memorable of the bunch.

That is how Trump is leading the polls.

I do hope that the Republicrats come up with some better choices before the primaries start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 03:32 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
I am surprised to hear that - to my knowledge, most pollsters would let you answer "none of the above" or "I don't know". I know this because the full poll results provide for those choices.

Mick

Old 08-31-2015, 03:47 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am surprised to hear that - to my knowledge, most pollsters would let you answer "none of the above" or "I don't know". I know this because the full poll results provide for those choices.

Mick
Depends on the poll and pollster. Some will release both questions with and without leaners.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:55 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
You can ask the same question in 2 different ways and get wildly varying responses....polls are fun, but don't really "predict" much of anything....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections