Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
In the past week I've been reading about another Republican leader, Dwight Eisenhower. Just prior to the D-Day invasion to liberate France from the Nazis, Ike

(from Eisenhower: Soldier and President by Stephen Ambrose (p. 140)

Eisenhower never had to use that note. But he might have. Failure is part and parcel of leadership, and there is no shame in failure. There is only shame in failure to try.
Oh brother. Now you're trying to equate Fiorina with Eisenhower? That's hysterical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 03:00 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
So another organization is watering down the standards so a woman meet them? Color me not surprised.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Wutitiz, I work in tech. Fiorina's work history is terrible and it's been documented at length. I'm sure you don't care about her record as long as she says what you want to hear (just like the GOP supporting Trump now) but Fiorina's track record is not good at all. That's just reality.
OMG, so you work in the tech industry, big deal, you and how any other millions in the world? Does this make you an expert? Our son in law does as well, he is pulling for her. I don't think anyone thinks she will be the nominee, I doubt she does, nor will Dr Carson, but that doesn't mean the don't know anything and it doesn't make you right. Have you ever heard the phrase "in my opinion?" It seems you think everything you say is fact and right: the rest of us are wrong, maybe even slightly below you? and BTW, how much do you know about Eisenhower? I really doubt you even alive when he served our country. I think you put to much into what you read and probably not a cross section of opinions either, probably just what you would like to read and believe.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Wutitiz, I work in tech. Fiorina's work history is terrible and it's been documented at length. I'm sure you don't care about her record as long as she says what you want to hear (just like the GOP supporting Trump now) but Fiorina's track record is not good at all. That's just reality.
I used to work in tech, as you might guess. Steve Jobs' "work history" was terrible too. Do you remember the Apple III, AKA the 'Lisa" (named after a girlfriend of Steve Jobs). It had dual 6502 8 bit processors at a time when 16 bit processors were coming along. The IBM PC came along shortly after the Lisa and made mincemeat of the Lisa.

Bill Gates had issues as well. Microsoft did not even write the original MS-DOS. They bought the code from a company called 'Seattle Computer Products.' Gates nearly led Microsoft to doom by his refusal to kowtow to the Clinton admin.

Nonetheless Jobs and Gates are two of the greatest tech execs of all time.

I'm sure you don't care about all of this history as long as Fiorina is saying things that you don't want to hear. That's just reality, too.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I used to work in tech, as you might guess. Steve Jobs' "work history" was terrible too. Do you remember the Apple III, AKA the 'Lisa" (named after a girlfriend of Steve Jobs). It had dual 6502 8 bit processors at a time when 16 bit processors were coming along. The IBM PC came along shortly after the Lisa and made mincemeat of the Lisa.

Bill Gates had issues as well. Microsoft did not even write the original MS-DOS. They bought the code from a company called 'Seattle Computer Products.' Gates nearly led Microsoft to doom by his refusal to kowtow to the Clinton admin.

Nonetheless Jobs and Gates are two of the greatest tech execs of all time.

I'm sure you don't care about all of this history as long as Fiorina is saying things that you don't want to hear. That's just reality, too.
Fiorina is not Bill Gates, or Steve Jobs, or Eisenhower. For these posters to claim they know all about Fiorina and HP from their computer screens in other parts of the country, they don't know the entire chain of events and what happened and how HP disagreed with her and the disaster that resulted. And that follows Lucent. You want to excuse her? Do it, vote for her, it makes no difference to me. She will never be nominated.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:59 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Oh brother. Now you're trying to equate Fiorina with Eisenhower? That's hysterical.
Sure, as I read books about Eisenhower, I find a lot in common between Ike and Carly. They have similar leadership styles, similar philosophies, and similar life stories.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Another business neophyte. Good lord do any of you people even do a modicum of reading before posting about **** you obviously know nothing about?

Those JOBs weren't lost. They were purposely cut because HP was a frigging dinosaur and was on the verge of being Montgomery Warded into the tech trash bin.
You can post all the condescending and arrogant comments you like. You can attack and insult me all you like, but it will not make Fiorina have been a better or more effective executive, because she was not.

Apparently everyone in the world is wrong, except you, of course.

Packard: Fiorina almost destroyed HP

Carly Fiorina

HP's Carly Fiorina era is finally over...good riddance - CNET

The Carly Fiorina Leadership File - Bloomberg View

Carly Fiorina will run for president as a successful tech CEO. Silicon Valley says that's a fantasy | US news | The Guardian

Old 09-02-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You can post all the condescending and arrogant comments you like. You can attack and insult me all you like, but it will not make Fiorina have been a better or more effective executive, because she was not.

Apparently everyone in the world is wrong, except you, of course.

Packard: Fiorina almost destroyed HP

Carly Fiorina

HP's Carly Fiorina era is finally over...good riddance - CNET

The Carly Fiorina Leadership File - Bloomberg View

Carly Fiorina will run for president as a successful tech CEO. Silicon Valley says that's a fantasy | US news | The Guardian
Exactly. It's amazing that Fiorina has the nerve to run after her history.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Exactly. It's amazing that Fiorina has the nerve to run after her history.
Most politicians do have checkered pasts though. Nixon had allegations against him when he was only a Vice Presidential nominee. He was alleged that he had a political fund maintained by backers reimburse him for expenses. Back in 1952, this was a scandal. This is the only reason Nixon had to give his "Checkers speech."

Old 09-02-2015, 11:49 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Same BS from outsiders that really didn't know **** about what was going on inside HP on the Board.

Do some more research before you think you know what your talking about.

Here is a clue, Tom Perkins.
That's a joke. Tom Perkins slammed her for her work at HP, and now he's on board with her? That doesn't speak well of Perkins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections