Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 08:40 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times

Advertisements

I see Trump as a fellow illusion buster, by the time this campaign is over whether he wins of looses, the public will see, in all it's plain view glory, the current true state of American politics. Do not fret his signing of the pledge, I believe he will use his signing as a tool to further expose the sorry state of American politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 08:48 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think you are right.

During the last Presidential primary I voted for someone who had dropped out of the race but who was still on my State's ballot. I did it in protest. Apparently others had the same idea but the news media thought we were just a bunch of lunkheads who didn't know our candidate had dropped out. Another way to let them know what you think is to write across the party's donation requests some choice words and mail it back to them.

You can also boycott the big donors. I was surveyed as to whether I'd recommend a software product by a company and I responded, "No." A pop up window asked why. I said it was because they were a big donor to Planned Parenthood.
During the 2014 elections, I was bombarded with as much as 5 donation requests from the RNC per hour. Most had been labeled as to suggest they were coming from particular big names within the party. One such request was labeled as having come from Mitt Romney and wend on about some specific legislative agendas would be guaranteed if the GOP won the Senate. I actually replied that the specified agenda was impossible with Boehner and McConnell in charge. I actually got a quick reply back that they did not care about Boenher and McConnell, they just wanted to win, and that message was actually signed by Romney. Told me all I needed to know.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:52 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think you are right.

During the last Presidential primary I voted for someone who had dropped out of the race but who was still on my State's ballot. I did it in protest. Apparently others had the same idea but the news media thought we were just a bunch of lunkheads who didn't know our candidate had dropped out. Another way to let them know what you think is to write across the party's donation requests some choice words and mail it back to them.

You can also boycott the big donors. I was surveyed as to whether I'd recommend a software product by a company and I responded, "No." A pop up window asked why. I said it was because they were a big donor to Planned Parenthood.
Good for you!

Old 09-06-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I see Trump as a fellow illusion buster, by the time this campaign is over whether he wins of looses, the public will see, in all it's plain view glory, the current true state of American politics. Do not fret his signing of the pledge, I believe he will use his signing as a tool to further expose the sorry state of American politics.
His best "tool" to use to further expose the sorry state of American politics was to stick to his guns and very publicly refuse to sign the pledge. The Republican party needs Trump 100 times more than Trump needs the Republican party.

Signing that pledge was a mistake he will forever regret. The best possible face that anyone can put on it is that it makes him a phony. Pledging to keep your wagon hitched to a brand that is the Titanic in its last half hour?

Makes zero sense.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:43 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No it doesn't. It only encourages corrupt career politicians from both parties to pander to the extremes.

If people want to lodge a protest, then go vote and vote for the 3rd party or do a write in. It doesn't take many doing this to flip an election and you can best believe that does catch the attention of the two main parties.
I agree. And, I think the majority don't vote because they don't care or just too lazy to do it. I have heard a million times "Well, it wouldn't make any difference anyway." Poor voter turnout is considered "People don't care." Look at our current situation for verification of that. But, I am seeing more people wake up now that it is getting so much worse. The problem is that many don't care until the problems are at their doorstep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
How little time has what WAS America .... got left?

I firmly believe Glen Beck is correct....in the next 12 to 18 months, Massive and tragic conditions will occur that will be devastating and horribly destructive that destroys America as we know it.

The majority of the so-called American population is completely Blinded from the Truth of the reality of the fact America's Life support system plug has been disconnected.

Only a fool can't SEE that on the horizon.
Oh, this is what my brother feeds me when I call him. Some sort of religious thing that I just don't buy. I don't think a lot of Glen Beck and I surely don't need him to be thinking for me. I have seen the show a couple of times and that was enough. We come from strong stock that withstood a lot of challenges that we are here today. We have that spirit passed down through generations.

My brother goes on about how bad everything is. There are still good people and good things happening IF you just shut off the TV and join in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
His best "tool" to use to further expose the sorry state of American politics was to stick to his guns and very publicly refuse to sign the pledge. The Republican party needs Trump 100 times more than Trump needs the Republican party.

Signing that pledge was a mistake he will forever regret. The best possible face that anyone can put on it is that it makes him a phony. Pledging to keep your wagon hitched to a brand that is the Titanic in its last half hour?

Makes zero sense.
I don't agree. As a 3rd party candidate, at this time, he could not win. In his place I would rather gamble and take the chance of getting the nomination by signing the pledge. Also, that pledge means nothing as it is not a binding contract.

I don't see his support decreasing and people are really working to try to get it decreased while "shaking in their boots".

Absolutely no reason to hold his signing the pledge against him. What I see is that those opposed to him are trying to play this up in order to put him down. Yet another weak and pitiful attempt but, you use what you have when desperation sets in. It seems like such a little thing when you look at the big picture of politics.

Time will tell.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I agree. And, I think the majority don't vote because they don't care or just too lazy to do it. I have heard a million times "Well, it wouldn't make any difference anyway." Poor voter turnout is considered "People don't care." Look at our current situation for verification of that. But, I am seeing more people wake up now that it is getting so much worse. The problem is that many don't care until the problems are at their doorstep.

Oh, this is what my brother feeds me when I call him. Some sort of religious thing that I just don't buy. I don't think a lot of Glen Beck and I surely don't need him to be thinking for me. I have seen the show a couple of times and that was enough. We come from strong stock that withstood a lot of challenges that we are here today. We have that spirit passed down through generations.

My brother goes on about how bad everything is. There are still good people and good things happening IF you just shut off the TV and join in.

I don't agree. As a 3rd party candidate, at this time, he could not win. In his place I would rather gamble and take the chance of getting the nomination by signing the pledge. Also, that pledge means nothing as it is not a binding contract.

I don't see his support decreasing and people are really working to try to get it decreased while "shaking in their boots".

Absolutely no reason to hold his signing the pledge against him. What I see is that those opposed to him are trying to play this up in order to put him down. Yet another weak and pitiful attempt but, you use what you have when desperation sets in. It seems like such a little thing when you look at the big picture of politics.

Time will tell.
It is sooooo.... tiresome to keep reading this. Of course he could win!

How many thought he would survive the first media attack that has sunk a thousand dime-a-dozen suits before him, sending them crawling away with a whimper and a pathetic apology? Trump just got stronger. And he did that by doing anything but capitulating....or even compromising. Human history is not a continuous looping reply of the same cassette.

The Republican party is finished. Trump had a chance to bring them to his knees, but blinked instead. That will be used against him mercilessly.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:03 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
I'm not quite on the Trump train yet, but I'm shocked that he has continued to do so well. Most of the other candidates would already be on the way out if they had tried to say some of the things Trump has said and I don't agree with everything he has said, but he really does show quality leadership and charisma. Now if he can keep his ego in check... He could be a good president... Also, as long as he sticks to real issues and problems, which is not changing Denali back to McKinley... It's never good to look at the future without looking at the past, and that's where Trump scares me. He really is the all time flip flopper champion. But only time can tell who Trump is going to be.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:07 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times
Originally Posted by MMM05

How little time has what WAS America .... got left?

I firmly believe Glen Beck is correct....in the next 12 to 18 months, Massive and tragic conditions will occur that will be devastating and horribly destructive that destroys America as we know it.

The majority of the so-called American population is completely Blinded from the Truth of the reality of the fact America's Life support system plug has been disconnected.

Only a fool can't SEE that on the horizon.

Quote:
Quote by AnywhereElse

You Truly don't have a clue, pal. You represent one of the millions who can't/won't OPEN their Narrow minds...the Blind who won't SEE and realize the Truth as IT Slaps you in the face. TRAGIC!!!

You will SOON be AWAKENED ....when these events unfold.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:09 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
Quote:
It is sooooo.... tiresome to keep reading this. Of course he could win!

How many thought he would survive the first media attack that has sunk a thousand dime-a-dozen suits before him, sending them crawling away with a whimper and a pathetic apology? Trump just got stronger. And he did that by doing anything but capitulating....or even compromising. Human history is not a continuous looping reply of the same cassette.

The Republican party is finished. Trump had a chance to bring them to his knees, but blinked instead. That will be used against him mercilessly.
Hasn't Trump already signed that he wouldn't run third party? But I agree, it would be an incredibly long shot for Trump to win as a third party candidate and he's too smart to even try it. Last, how is the Republican Party finished? I'm an independent, and there is no way I'm voting for Hillary or Sanders. O'Malley, is the only one I would ever consider. The GOP is fairly strong right now, I really don't see how you think they are finished...

Old 09-06-2015, 10:12 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:

If he is nominated by the GOP isn't that the same thing?

It's a smart person who learns to get what he wants and leave their opponents smiling as well. It's the patently stupid who do the opposite. One need only to look at the current occupant of the White House to see endless example of that.

It's absolutely foolish to battle the very people that you will need to win a general election should you be nominated. Trump needs them to win the election. It does prove, that contrary to what many have said and continue to say, Trump knows how to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections