Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 01:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

according to RCP, clinton still holds a slight lead over most of the republicans, but at this point in time, polls are rather meaningless. there is far too much time between now and the primaries to even bother with any of the polls. but they are nice to use for "bench racing".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 01:47 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I've been hearing about the world was gonna do this and gonna do that since I was a kid. People were scared over "1984" and, that time came and passed over 30 years back.
Well, eventually, they'll be right but maybe not in our lifetime. It does help me understand the despair that many young people have. I was born in 1954. I voted in my first election in 1972 and I was SO excited to be able to vote. Nothing could ever have kept my dad from the polls on Election Day. Now, the constant doom and gloom.............

I still have some freeze-dried foods from 2012. Fool me once............... I thought the Mayans might have something though.

The thing with the Trump leading is that the polls really don't matter that much BUT when I am talking with people out in the public, Trump's name is the one coming up and the one that they are watching. If he isn't on their radar, I put him there.

Isn't there something on Trump almost every day in the news? It is either positive or negative, the negative usually is something being morphed into something it isn't, but both put him front and center which is where he needs to be when as a potential contender for the President.

I would have to admit that I form my own opinions even knowing that isn't PC anymore.

Old 09-06-2015, 01:55 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Hasn't Trump already signed that he wouldn't run third party? But I agree, it would be an incredibly long shot for Trump to win as a third party candidate and he's too smart to even try it. Last, how is the Republican Party finished? I'm an independent, and there is no way I'm voting for Hillary or Sanders. O'Malley, is the only one I would ever consider. The GOP is fairly strong right now, I really don't see how you think they are finished...
They're finished because people in large numbers are finally seeing the con that they have been for as long as most have been alive today. Certainly for as long as most have been voting age adults.

They have done nothing for average Americans and anything and everything for their Wall Street/International Big Business puppet masters going back at least through the Reagan era. People understand that now. They were so tarnished by 2012 that they couldn't pull off a victory that Obama handed to them on a silver platter. Talk about a political embarrassment.

Republicans have a long record of caving on the social issues average Americans care about AND on the economic issues that has put an increasing number of those same Americans at or below the poverty line with each passing year. They have proven themselves useless to anyone but the Country Club elite.

Without a candidate like Trump to throw them a life preserver, they had little hope for any relevancy even half a generation from today. Trump had the people - and all the power. And just like that - he's under the Fox News/Republican thumb. It's pathetic.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
There was a Generation...or 2, or 3 and 4 or more, who 'heard for hundreds of years...But made jokes and Scoffed. Then, SUDDENLY and without Anymore WARNING, the floods came. And after...only 8 were spared, plus other creatures on board.
For those people who believe in that sort of thing. The Bible was written by people and different versions say way different things. Somehow I doubt "God" delivered a thumb drive to Moses and, said; here are your instructions.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:11 PM

409 posts, read 258,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
according to RCP, clinton still holds a slight lead over most of the republicans, but at this point in time, polls are rather meaningless. there is far too much time between now and the primaries to even bother with any of the polls. but they are nice to use for "bench racing".
She's mostly hanging on by the skin of her teeth due to rolling averages of outdated polls. Three months ago she was up by 25, two months ago she was up by 15, a month ago she was up by 5, now she's basically tied. The trend is obvious, and she has nowhere else to go but down. Her name recognition is largely maxed out, if someone wouldn't vote for her now, it seems unlikely they will change their mind and vote for her a year from now.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:06 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Clinton's 40% is comprised of 35% of the male respondents and 45% of the female respondents. So, 35% of the males and 45% of the females support Hillary, but 40% of all respondents support Hillary. Since it's 50/50 male/female split for this survey, the numeric average of 35% and 45% is 40%.

Mick
Thanks.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:10 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
My opinion on why Trump leads is he is giving us direction. That is what has been lacking with most of our recent Presidents. Our Nation bought into the 'One World Order' and will do anything for cheap labor; at an expense to our own workers. We have legalized immigrants, minorities and displaced US workers all looking to get back into the workforce and it will not happen with another Clinton or Bush President.

I also think that the media is taking big hits from Trump. It is very clear that the establishment does not want Trump; but the viewers are saying that we want news and not just another goose-stepping OWO infomercial. We have come a long way from news stations that just reported the news.

We are tired of Royalty; just because you were groomed for the job does not mean that you have our support.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:30 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Exclamation Trump

Yhe fact is rump appeals to Dems and Rep dispite lack of smoothness like the Carson,Fiona, Bush or even Her Worshipness Queen Clinton. We got to this place because of the concept of "Fair"and the lack of economic growth from Democrats in power

This time around Americans are looking for Action , not shallow promises from Obama appointee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections