Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:23 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump responds to accusation. I posted the source from NBC news so the anti-Trump crowd will pay attention.

Donald Trump Defends Fiorina 'Face' Insult: 'I'm Talking About Persona' - NBC News
Poor Trump! He makes a comment about a woman's face and he's 'misunderstood'. He makes a comment about "blood" coming out of wherever" and he's 'misunderstood'. He makes a comment about McCain not being a war hero and he's 'misunderstood'. Maybe he ought to look in the mirror and admit he can't express himself well enough to be a public figure. Everything the man says needs to be translated later on to what he so-called meant to say.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-10-2015 at 08:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 08:27 AM

587 posts, read 379,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I have to wonder at this incredible hate you have toward Donald Trump. Been on this site for less than a month and already over 200 posts, all of them bashing him. Then I see you aren't even a legal American citizen and cannot vote so why all the vitriol?

I expect we will see many more like-minded posters whose sole purpose (and perhaps occupation) is to plant negative comments about him. Whether he wins or not, he is addressing the illegal immigration issue that all other politicians have been sidestepping for years. It needs to be addressed, and I'm glad he's doing it.
Ran out of arguments to defend Trump? I guess the next step is ad hominem attacks. Oh your posting history, oh oh. Who cares? Sounds like what Donald Trump does all day. No substance To begin with NOT all my posts have been against Donald Trump but that is besides the point. We are discussing presidential candidates not YOUR posting history or MY posting history.

If you have a problem with what I post you can ignore me or refute it. I'm not saying anything that is not true. Is Trump ugly? Yes, Does he avoid talking about the issues? Yes. Does he distract people with reality tv drama? Yes.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:32 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Trump is like the kid who shouts out that the Emperor has no clothes. The country has gotten so PC and our politicians so wishy-washy that it takes someone like Trump to bring up the subjects that need to be addressed.

Like him or hate him, his participation in this race is making the other candidates take a stand on serious issues instead of giving vague platitudes.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Well, she does kind of look like the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz......
OMG, that is more discusting than what Trump said. Why do some people think they gain respect by insulting people's looks, color, built, etc. Tell us, how do you look? And while I am at it, for those who support Trump, like his views or not, doesn't his diplorable insults on others bother you?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:39 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Poor Trump! He makes a comment about a woman's face and he's 'misunderstood'. He makes a comment about "blood" coming out of wherever" and he's 'misunderstood'. He makes a comment about McCain not being a war hero and he's 'misunderstood'. Maybe he ought to look in the mirror and admit he can't express himself well enough to be a public figure. Everything the man says needs to be translated later to what he so-called meant to say.
I agree with you. However,

When Trump called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and "criminals" in his campaign kickoff, analysts predicted his campaign would be over before it began – but he was just getting started.

When he insulted John McCain's military record, analysts said he went too far – but he kept climbing in the polls.

I personally am not bothered by Mccain's comment, I am never a fan of John McCain. I still believe the comment he made about Mexican government is accurate. I don't think he has ever said all mexican immigrants are rapists and criminals. So yes, his comment about Mexican government was grossly misunderstood.

Having said that, I think there are some key reasons why Trump is bulletproof.

1. Personal attacks like this shows that he's not scripted - Therefore, trustworthy.

Please don't get me wrong. Yes, personal attacks on people's looks or even personality is childish, but in a weird way, it also shows that Trump is not a career politician. This is exactly what some people are looking for.

2. Trump leverages American fears and anxieties

Trump’s core message is that government and its leaders are dysfunctional and this taps into historically high levels of dissatisfaction in government.

That is why it doesn't matter how much he attacks McCain, people still like him. There are more important issues people worry about, and the important issue is not political correctness.

3. Believe it or not, admit it or not, personal attacks like this fit his "strong" man persona.

Although personal attack on a woman's look is not a behavior of a real man, it is an expected behavior from a bully.

At this point, I think America needs a bully as a leader. Many people DO believe American economy and politics are rather chaotic, They want someone who can step in and cut through the complexity and bring order to chaos.

Trump shows tremendous amount of confidence.

Meg Mott, a professor of politics and gender studies at Marlboro College in Marlboro, Vt. once said,

"He's rough and he doesn't care about fine things like legal rights, but that very roughness means he can get things done"

Do I like Trump personally? I think Trump is a public figure, NO ONE will really know what he is like in his real world. So his hair, personalities, don't matter.

What really matters is that I believe he will get a lot done.

I think media should just give up. Trump is bulletproof at this point.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:41 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Ran out of arguments to defend Trump? I guess the next step is ad hominem attacks. Oh your posting history, oh oh. Who cares? Sounds like what Donald Trump does all day. No substance To begin with NOT all my posts have been against Donald Trump but that is besides the point. We are discussing presidential candidates not YOUR posting history or MY posting history.

If you have a problem with what I post you can ignore me or refute it. I'm not saying anything that is not true. Is Trump ugly? Yes, Does he avoid talking about the issues? Yes. Does he distract people with reality tv drama? Yes.

Sorry if the truth hurts.
Not an attack; an observation. If you cannot vote, why all the vitriol about Trump? Maybe not ALL posts have not bashed Trump, but it would be fair to say 99.9% of them do.

I don't consider Trump ugly. Nor do I think he avoids talking about issues. Isn't that the very reason he is getting so much attention? Because he is bringing up issues that may not be popular with pro-illegals?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
For once I agree with you. She is a beautiful woman, but more importantly she is articulate in contrast to Trump's random babblings.
And to me, she looks like she is in command but with some feelings as well. The libs, most of them on here, are just like those 5th grade bullies we all hated. They have nothing better to do than throw insults at people.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Hopefully liberals will launch an attack on Carly, labeling her "too ugly to serve".

Then we can all talk about who is waging a "War on Women".
That is pretty much what this is all about, already. And how do those bullies feel about Hillary?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:44 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Edit: Look at John Kasich, a real job creator, a genuinely nice guy, a moderate Republican. It also seems to me that he has a very pleasant personality. Where is he now? He has no chance of winning.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:49 AM

MMM05, taking a shot at another candidate is one thing, talking about the person's looks is quite another. I even think questioning someone's religion is fair game, but I do not vote based on religion and never would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections