Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would be the Best on National Security
Donald Trump 23 37.70%
Jeb Bush 3 4.92%
Ted Cruz 3 4.92%
Ben Carson 1 1.64%
Marco Rubio 4 6.56%
Scott Walker 3 4.92%
Carly Fiorna 2 3.28%
Bobby Jindal 1 1.64%
Rand Paul 19 31.15%
Mike Huckabee 1 1.64%
Chris Christie 0 0%
George Pataki 1 1.64%
Lindsey Graham 6 9.84%
John Kasich 5 8.20%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Rick Perry 0 0%
Jim Gilmore 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 01:17 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Exactly. Ron Paul got more support from active duty troops than any other candidate, and he was the ONLY VETERAN who was running in 2012. So what, did Ron Paul not support himself?

All the veterans I know are fed up with being sent to far away countries to fight in someone else's war. They would much rather be securing the border between America and Mexico then be securing the border between Iran and Afghanistan. Really, which one is more important to American interest?
EVERY combat veteran I know supports RON PAUL. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 01:18 PM

595 posts, read 368,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Sorry the facts just don't align with your post. Obama has lost everything that was achieved in Iraq. Honestly , there are records of this stuff. Stop parroting the narrative that affirms your ideology and look at the facts.
Nothing was achieved in Iraq, besides plenty of Bush officials lying to get the U.S. into a useless war in Iraq. The Iraq War, like the Vietnam War was a disaster, and both were 100% unnecessary.

The U.S. should have never went to Iraq, naivety was in a lot of officials who pushed for the idiotic war. The Sunnis, and Shi'as would get along, oil would pay for the war, it would be short, Jeffersonian democracy would take root, etc... None of that happened, the U.S. wasted 1.7 Trillion, alienated the Sunni population by installing a Shi'a government (Maliki) that oppressed the Sunnis, and Kurds. The generals who helped lead to ISIS military successes were Saddam's former generals. Not only that, but the equipment the U.S. left behind in Iraq ISIS is now using.

By the way Bush negotiated the SOFA Agreement in 2008 that mandated all U.S. troops be withdrawn from Iraq, Obama tried to lengthen the U.S. stay in Iraq, but Iraq's government wanted the U.S. out.

You need to look at the facts, and the consequences of U.S. foreign policy.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:19 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

And Obama is the same as Bush when it comes to foreign policy, as he followed the Bush plan in Iraq to the letter.

Sorry,that is just plain ignorant or intentionally wrong.
Obama ignored practically all of the advice and council he was given by his Military advisors and made his decisions based on politics against any military rational or justification.
It has been well documented and stated from people inside and out of his administration.
The surge in Iraq worked , obama had been handed a stable Iraq with a very detailed and compressive plan for the long term success and he ignored it for political reasons.

Quote from Obama, according to Secretary of Defense Gates, "On Afghanistan , my poll numbers will be stronger if I take issue with the Military over Afghanistan policy."

Old 09-19-2015, 05:31 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
EVERY combat veteran I know supports RON PAUL. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Did I miss something? Ron Paul is not running for President to my knowledge ... and yet, the Gruber'd appear to think he is. He tried and failed, and failed, and FAILED. There is a reason for that.

A big part of the problem in this country is Super Extreme Partisans who have no concept of today's Reality. China, Russia and N. Korea are openly challenging US positions around the world. US Defense Intelligence is doing reports now on how TeamObama "changed" the Intelligence Information to suit their Agenda. Nobody is "on the run" and nobody is "decimated" and they knew it was a LIE when they used those statements in Campaign Speeches. We just spent nearly $50 Million dollars to "train" Syria Rebels - 50 of them were turned over to ISIS by our good buddy - Turkey. 5 are left and these 5 are supposed to be the "Arab fighters" that the Paulers keep talking about.

At what point do people start paying attention to what is really going on in the world?
We have a President who would do ANYTHING to hide his head in the sand and a couple of Candidates that have the same idea. There are plenty of alternatives between Sending bazillions of troops into Battle and Hiding in the Corner and sucking your thumb -- First we have to at least acknowledge the PROBLEMS and stop with the Cowardly Red Lines and letting Russia/Iran/China push us around a chess board while we are having endless discussions on how to play beginners Checkers.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Did I miss something?
Yes you did.

You miss the part that Ron Paul received a lot of support from the veterans. (never said he is running for president. Don't know why you brought it up. )

by the way, never thought Ron Paul " Hiding in the Corner and sucking your thumb "

huh? lol

Don't worry, Ron is not running, Rand is not electable. Vote for the candidate who makes you feel safe. =)

Old 09-19-2015, 06:10 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Yes you did.

You miss the part that Ron Paul received a lot of support from the veterans. (never said he is running for president. Don't know why you brought it up. )

by the way, never thought Ron Paul " Hiding in the Corner and sucking your thumb "

huh? lol

Don't worry, Ron is not running, Rand is not electable. Vote for the candidate who makes you feel safe. =)
My mistake ...... so sorry.
The Thread is titled - Best Republican on National Security with a POLL added.
I was pretty positive I didn't see the former CongressCritter, Ron Paul on the list.
I guess it's one of those "Oh look at the Shiny Object" things.

I find nothing LOL about any of this - but do understand that others don't have any concern about our Serious Situation.
Carry On.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
My mistake ...... so sorry.
The Thread is titled - Best Republican on National Security with a POLL added.
I was pretty positive I didn't see the former CongressCritter, Ron Paul on the list.
I guess it's one of those "Oh look at the Shiny Object" things.

I find nothing LOL about any of this - but do understand that others don't have any concern about our Serious Situation.
Carry On.
well, then you shouldn't be commenting on it.

Don't comment on it, Problem solved.

Like I said, vote for the one who makes you feel safe. Problem solved. =)

Old 09-19-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Did I miss something? Ron Paul is not running for President to my knowledge ... and yet, the Gruber'd appear to think he is. He tried and failed, and failed, and FAILED. There is a reason for that.

A big part of the problem in this country is Super Extreme Partisans who have no concept of today's Reality. China, Russia and N. Korea are openly challenging US positions around the world. US Defense Intelligence is doing reports now on how TeamObama "changed" the Intelligence Information to suit their Agenda. Nobody is "on the run" and nobody is "decimated" and they knew it was a LIE when they used those statements in Campaign Speeches. We just spent nearly $50 Million dollars to "train" Syria Rebels - 50 of them were turned over to ISIS by our good buddy - Turkey. 5 are left and these 5 are supposed to be the "Arab fighters" that the Paulers keep talking about.

At what point do people start paying attention to what is really going on in the world?
We have a President who would do ANYTHING to hide his head in the sand and a couple of Candidates that have the same idea. There are plenty of alternatives between Sending bazillions of troops into Battle and Hiding in the Corner and sucking your thumb -- First we have to at least acknowledge the PROBLEMS and stop with the Cowardly Red Lines and letting Russia/Iran/China push us around a chess board while we are having endless discussions on how to play beginners Checkers.
Well said, The fact is we are in an unprecedented time and some people want to ignore history. Our Country is in more danger now than it has probably ever been, this current President has put politics over Security, while people like those on this thread have bought into the simplistic anti-military/isolationist ,oh excuse me, "non-interventionist" nonsense spewed by the likes of Paul.
Unfortunately ,I'm afraid for many it will take a major hit in our country to start waking up to the notion that perhaps we should have "intervened" a little bit sooner rather than later, before allies went over to the other side because we no longer could be counted on.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:25 PM

While we have learned to take threats seriously, we are also taught to differentiate the real from the imaginary. Fallacious claims of impending danger will erode one’s credibility, to the point that the congenital fearmonger is no longer taken seriously. The parable warns of the dangers of crying “wolf” when there are no wolves, but it doesn’t teach us to stay silent when we see one. In the parable, the wolf eventually does come, and the dishonest boy is eaten. The moral of the story is not that all dangers are inflated, but rather that the phony ones should not be.

In truth, we should be on the lookout for both kinds of errors. The business world punishes both the imprudent optimist as well as the too-gloomy pessimist. The financial analyst who rated all tech startups as “strong buys” in 2000 or the housing speculator who bought multiple condominiums in Miami in 2007 could rightly be cast as too optimistic. On the other hand, extreme risk aversion can blind us to possibilities. And excessive fear can be harmful to both our physical health and emotional well-being. The National Institute of Mental Health explains that “excessive, irrational fear and dread” are key symptoms for one of several anxiety disorders, which according to one estimate, afflict 18 percent of Americans.

lol

Interesting, majority of the folks voted Trump and Paul, neither is the hawkish traditional Republican. Very comforting to know this.

lol @ Lindsey Graham the happy warrior.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
While we have learned to take threats seriously, we are also taught to differentiate the real from the imaginary. Fallacious claims of impending danger will erode one’s credibility, to the point that the congenital fearmonger is no longer taken seriously. The parable warns of the dangers of crying “wolf” when there are no wolves, but it doesn’t teach us to stay silent when we see one. In the parable, the wolf eventually does come, and the dishonest boy is eaten. The moral of the story is not that all dangers are inflated, but rather that the phony ones should not be.

In truth, we should be on the lookout for both kinds of errors. The business world punishes both the imprudent optimist as well as the too-gloomy pessimist. The financial analyst who rated all tech startups as “strong buys” in 2000 or the housing speculator who bought multiple condominiums in Miami in 2007 could rightly be cast as too optimistic. On the other hand, extreme risk aversion can blind us to possibilities. And excessive fear can be harmful to both our physical health and emotional well-being. The National Institute of Mental Health explains that “excessive, irrational fear and dread” are key symptoms for one of several anxiety disorders, which according to one estimate, afflict 18 percent of Americans.

lol

Interesting, majority of the folks voted Trump and Paul, neither is the hawkish traditional Republican. Very comforting to know this.

lol @ Lindsey Graham the happy warrior.
I wouldn't get to jazzed miss lilly... one thing I've found over the years, taking a poll on citydata is a lot like taking a poll on nascar.com. No matter the subject or the question the winner is always Dale Jr.
As far as your above post, there is a difference between fear and facts. Some of us may have more of a vested interest in the right person as Commander in Chief and we understand the consequences vs the politics.
Lets try to keep the thread on topic. We know who you support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections